I-900

Guest Jeroi

After my Tilt melted I decided to get the Omnia I-900. I was so excited about the phone that I failed to read the part where it said " no 3G in the US". Is there a way or a rom update that would make it work on the 3G network(at&t)?

Also, this phone has a faster processor and more mem than the I-phone yet it seems that the I-phone has more cool apps and games and you tube looks better!

One more thing. My phone charges through the usb on my laptop but not the charger, any suggestions? Any help or response is greatly appreciated.

Guest jakeordie

I have begun learning how to cook ROMs for the Omnia, using what I have learnt from others on this forum and Google searches. I want to explore the possibility of using PHONE.BIN from the i907 Epix with an existing Omnia ROM as suggested by pidsw. Here is what I have so far;

i900DXHK1 ROM broken down into EBOOT.NB0, PDA.BIN, PHONE.BIN and CSC.BIN. Please do not ask for me to upload these, as they are not my property to distribute.

Part02.RAW from the i907 Epix (unconfirmed ROM). It is my understanding that PHONE.BIN can be extracted from this, but I have not yet found the kitchen tools to get it done. I tried using the i900 kitchen as provided by PDAclan and used by PaSSoA, I also tried using the i780 kitchen provided by famusc on XDA forum. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can offer an alternative.

I was able to extract a folder from the Epix dump, and even if it won't help bring AT&T 3G to the Omnia there might be something useful to be found. I uploaded it here; http://www.mediafire.com/?tbdmmbdd2h9.

I have begun learning how to cook ROMs for the Omnia, using what I have learnt from others on this forum and Google searches. I want to explore the possibility of using PHONE.BIN from the i907 Epix with an existing Omnia ROM as suggested by pidsw. Here is what I have so far;

i900DXHK1 ROM broken down into EBOOT.NB0, PDA.BIN, PHONE.BIN and CSC.BIN. Please do not ask for me to upload these, as they are not my property to distribute.

Part02.RAW from the i907 Epix (unconfirmed ROM). It is my understanding that PHONE.BIN can be extracted from this, but I have not yet found the kitchen tools to get it done. I tried using the i900 kitchen as provided by PDAclan and used by PaSSoA, I also tried using the i780 kitchen provided by famusc on XDA forum. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can offer an alternative.

I was able to extract a folder from the Epix dump, and even if it won't help bring AT&T 3G to the Omnia there might be something useful to be found. I uploaded it here; http://www.mediafire.com/?tbdmmbdd2h9.

i dont know if u guys saw this post today or not, but juvaknin has just posted that he has a quad band 3G enabled i900 for testing now and he's willing to help us to get settings from that i900. i'm not expert as i dont know how to, but if any of u guys know how to, just leave him instructions on how to get settings or even dump the ROM. in that case, it'll be much ,much easier than cook a whole new ROM(at least the radio part).

here is the link http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...-900-1900-2100/

Edited by Lancez