Tweaks

Guest 200mpx

I wonder why you people are so naive and so clueless to get software for free. You can easily get Microsoft Voice Command for free, if you know how to google! (yes just goggle)

But if you really love bill gates so much and earning your place in heaven then please purchase the software cause it is really worth it to have one.

Microsoft Voice Command is essential and it must be installed in device memory. Please install everything else in My Storage.

Guest vincentvan
I wonder why you people are so naive and so clueless to get software for free. You can easily get Microsoft Voice Command for free, if you know how to google! (yes just goggle)

But if you really love bill gates so much and earning your place in heaven then please purchase the software cause it is really worth it to have one.

Microsoft Voice Command is essential and it must be installed in device memory. Please install everything else in My Storage.

I downloaded the latest version of MS voice command (yes is not impossible to find if you got time to spare) ;I installed in device , I got the message that it was successfully installed and to reboot, but when I followed the instructions , VC was not in the programs list or anywere else useful.

Reinstalled it but no joy again, so I erased it from the registry (I still have it in my desktop just in case).

So, as suggested by other Omniacs (omnianites?) I installed Cyberon voice dialer (at first an older version called speed dial) and it worked perfectly and was very easy to use , then I installed the newer version of Cyberon speed dialer 1.2 and it works just as well (or as bad) as the old one , in fact I did'nt notice any difference among the 2 versions.

Moreover the old version of Voice dialer is 420 KB, the newer one 530KB, and MS Voice Command is nearly 3000 KB and as I said I did'nt manage to make it work on my 2 weeks old Omnia.

If anyone can tell me how he made show up on the Omnia programs after the installation I'm willing to give it one more chance though (just to see why MS needed all those extra KB for).

In my experience after the installation , even though I got the message that VC was successfully installed and activated, it was nowhere to be found among the programs, and if you selected the file from the file manager it just reinstalled itself.

Not very useful considering that it occupies more than a third of the available "Device" memory space.

LOL, MVC is not in program list because it appears in Settings. B)

Anyway it is 4.371MB (because it can do more than voice dialling) and no it is not occupy 1/3 of device storage, unless you only have 12 MB free (which is pathetic).

I suggest you reinstall the rest of your applications in My Storage cause no, it is not by default or "standard settings" that you have to install apps in my device unless the apps recommended/prompted otherwise like MVC

Edited by chokia

Guest cassie8
LOL, MVC is not in program list because it appears in Settings. B)

Anyway it is 4.371MB (because it can do more than voice dialling) and no it is not occupy 1/3 of device storage, unless you only have 12 MB free (which is pathetic).

I suggest you reinstall the rest of your applications in My Storage cause no, it is not by default or "standard settings" that you have to install apps in my device unless the apps recommended/prompted otherwise like MVC

Cyberon Voice Speed Dial or MS Voice Commander only works on the Omnia handset completely (allows you to do a Voice Dailling activation from the Omnia's microphone) The moment you try to do it from your BT device it is not possible BUT you can receive calls on your BT - you have to put your Omnia in the Windowscreen mount; then you have to press the Voice Activation (icon or button) on your phone and use the Omnia's mic to do the Voice activation - then it is transferred to your BT.

Hasn't any1 find an answer for this problem yet?

Guest Mirciulica

I have an Omnia on Vodafone. Can you help and tell me how can I change the "action" behind the soft buttons from the bottom toolbar, which now are "Phone" and "live". Thanks B)

Thanks 200mpx

I really appreciate your help.

This is the way one earns his place in heaven.

You write that you do not use Voice Command, is it because you just don't need voice dialing or because you (or anyone else ) know of a better equivalent program?

Voice dialling is essential to me as I spend most of my life driving a car and I still can't belive that Samsung did'nt include such a standard feature in the Omnia.

Anyway, do you know of a better alternative to MS VC for the Omnia?

I use Cyberon Voice dialer and I think it is very good and easy to use, but can not compare it to MS as did not try the later.

go to www.cyberon.com

From Samjuan:

Silver InBox as Default from Today Screen

1. Go into the registry to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \MiniToday

2. change the silverinbox to value 1.

3. soft reset the omnia.

Guest mascasel

I need to save (with "save as")files in subfolders but in the popup window it seems impossible.I can save files only in My Documents(or other locations but not in their subfolders).What is wrong in my saving?

Guest bmn4711
From Samjuan:

Silver InBox as Default from Today Screen

1. Go into the registry to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Samsung \MiniToday

2. change the silverinbox to value 1.

3. soft reset the omnia.

Hello! Can you explain to me what this actually changes? What is Silver Inbox?

Thx

Guest teleman
It's true ;my fault.

the phone has 16GB , four Gb is just my puny sd card.

Now I understand why some minutes ago when I downloaded " FtouchSL" and then installed on the omnia , I had 3 options instead of 2: my storage; my card; and "device".

I installed it on "Device" because it was the standard setting.

I hope I did the right thing.

Or what?

So, basically you are telling me that there are 3 memories on the Omnia: your card, the 16GB of "my storage", and this "Device" place, in which to put programs and apps; is that right?

The extra 10mb is RAM, like your pc has got, it's NOT storage space. The 16gb and 4gb and "device" are not memory, they're storage space, like the hard drive on your pc.

Get it?

Edited by teleman

Hello! Can you explain to me what this actually changes? What is Silver Inbox?

Thx

It is the same UI that is your SS contacts. Tap the Phone Book in the main menu. This UI will be the default for sending emails when you tap the message and email icons on your SS today 1 and SS today 2 screens. Try it man you wll like it B) or not B) . I like it B)

Guest bmn4711
It is the same UI that is your SS contacts. Tap the Phone Book in the main menu. This UI will be the default for sending emails when you tap the message and email icons on your SS today 1 and SS today 2 screens. Try it man you wll like it B) or not B) . I like it B)

Thanks! Looks really great! and it's finger-friendly. I like it too B) .

Guest Michael122w

Hey guys,

I had been a little annoyed at the sensitivity of the screen on my omnia. It is not so good at detecting finger presses - particularly on the OK button! I have recently installed the TouchResponse program and I am loving it! The program gives Haptic feedback to every screen tap - not just the Samsung buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

If you set the LED (in the advanced options) to 10, it should work perfectly. I have set the response to be very soft (~10 ms) - which means that I can get a soft vibe for most presses and a stronger vibe for the Samsung buttons. It has made such a difference to my experience with the device!

Try it and see B)

Michael

Guest keoni69
Hey guys,

I had been a little annoyed at the sensitivity of the screen on my omnia. It is not so good at detecting finger presses - particularly on the OK button! I have recently installed the TouchResponse program and I am loving it! The program gives Haptic feedback to every screen tap - not just the Samsung buttons.

If you set the LED (in the advanced options) to 10, it should work perfectly. I have set the response to be very soft (~10 ms) - which means that I can get a soft vibe for most presses and a stronger vibe for the Samsung buttons. It has made such a difference to my experience with the device!

Try it and see B)

Michael

Thankx mate! this one has made my phone more responsive than usual! i really hope it doesnt drain too much battery life!

ill have to check on that...

hi all my previous ppc allowed me to press hold button to record sound. once i release the button, it stops recording. any registry hack possible for this?

Guest cassie8
Hey guys,

Try it and see B)

Michael

Has anyone experience that TouchResponse causes problems with the OS in their Omnia's. After 2 hard resets and complete rebuilds it did it again on my Omnia disabling "Settings" and leaving me with the: Windows Mobile screen saying:

We're Sorry

A problem has occured with ControlPanel.exe

Please tell Microsoft about the problem...... etc.

Unable to open up settings one cannot get to "RemovePrograms" or "Hard Reset" and has to do a physical Hard Reset.

Guest pdaphonemaster
Hey guys,

Try it and see B)

Michael

Hi Works great. Thanks for letting us know.

My Omnia is getting better and better!

Edited by pdaphonemaster

This tweak was great... Personally I like the setting to be 55, that's 3 lines of text.

Thanks for this tweak.

Is there a tweak to preform reception?

My phone still doesn't preform well indoors.

Have tried to flash the phone, reception wasn't improved after that (had to go to a Service Center to reflash the phone with it's original ROM).

The've changed my phone but reception isn't well with this one either... So I blame the hardware/software.

Try flashing the K1 phone part to your device B) everyone swears by it.