Blackberry Bold or HTC Tytn II

Guest tordur

Hi there

I'm sorry if this is getting posted in the wrong forum but I'm a newbie here B) Last time I used MoDaCo I think was when unlocking the HTC Canary, some 5-6 years ago probably... And whilst I'm at it, I must thank you for the help you all aided back then B)

Anyway, I've had my share of phones throughout time and now it's time for yet a swap.

My current phone is a HTC TyTN II which I absolutely adore... Love the touchscreen combined with full qwerty and WM, not to forget the tilt function, brilliant when taking notes.

The phone is now damaged (Word of advice: If you're out on a saturday night, don't take an expensive phone with you.. B) ) and has to be replaced. When I purchased the Tytn II (only a few months ago) it was because I wanted to use it primarly for work, since it could use the push technology and the keyboard/tilt function were great for repyling e-mails. Soon I discovered that in my area, the flat-rate download option for Blackberry platforms only can run on BlackBerry platforms. My employee probably not beint to keen on paying pr. MB. (price being $2,15 pr. MB. here) I had to wait until being in a hotspot for downloading mails through WiFI.

I really would like to take advantage of flatrate GPRS traffic and therefore it will be necessary with a swap to a Blackberry.

I'm quite addicted to WM, having had the original Orange SPV (HTC Canary), Qtek 8060 (HTC Voyager) and now Vodafone 1615 (HTC TyTN II). Will this be a problem... Is the Blackberry Bold as good a phone as the TyTNII?

P.S. I don't want the Blackberry storm, since it doesn't feature keyboard neither WiFi connectivity.

I thank you all for your answers B)

Guest FlangeArtist
Hi there

I'm sorry if this is getting posted in the wrong forum but I'm a newbie here B) Last time I used MoDaCo I think was when unlocking the HTC Canary, some 5-6 years ago probably... And whilst I'm at it, I must thank you for the help you all aided back then B)

Anyway, I've had my share of phones throughout time and now it's time for yet a swap.

My current phone is a HTC TyTN II which I absolutely adore... Love the touchscreen combined with full qwerty and WM, not to forget the tilt function, brilliant when taking notes.

The phone is now damaged (Word of advice: If you're out on a saturday night, don't take an expensive phone with you.. B) ) and has to be replaced. When I purchased the Tytn II (only a few months ago) it was because I wanted to use it primarly for work, since it could use the push technology and the keyboard/tilt function were great for repyling e-mails. Soon I discovered that in my area, the flat-rate download option for Blackberry platforms only can run on BlackBerry platforms. My employee probably not beint to keen on paying pr. MB. (price being $2,15 pr. MB. here) I had to wait until being in a hotspot for downloading mails through WiFI.

I really would like to take advantage of flatrate GPRS traffic and therefore it will be necessary with a swap to a Blackberry.

I'm quite addicted to WM, having had the original Orange SPV (HTC Canary), Qtek 8060 (HTC Voyager) and now Vodafone 1615 (HTC TyTN II). Will this be a problem... Is the Blackberry Bold as good a phone as the TyTNII?

P.S. I don't want the Blackberry storm, since it doesn't feature keyboard neither WiFi connectivity.

I thank you all for your answers B)

Have you looked at the HTC Touch Pro? Basically a newer and much enhanced version of the TyTN II. You can get these quite cheap now. As for a data package, I would personally reccomend using T-Mobile and their Web'n'Walk package.

Have you looked at the HTC Touch Pro? Basically a newer and much enhanced version of the TyTN II. You can get these quite cheap now. As for a data package, I would personally reccomend using T-Mobile and their Web'n'Walk package.

Thank you for your answer B)

I have looked at the Touch Pro, yes, and find it very tempting... WiFi, Touchscreen, QWERTY and Video out are awesome and tempting features.

With this said, my problem is my location. I'm located in a small (very small) country called the Faroe Islands http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroe_Islands where there are only two providers... Vodafone and Faroese Telecom, of which only Vodafone can offer flatrate GPRS download (No 3G og HSDPA network is available here). Further, since the market being relatively small (total population only 48.000 inhabitants) the only platform, which can accept flatrate GPRS is the Black Berry platform. Therefore it seems - unfortunately - a necessity for purchasing such a device... B)

What I'm pondering is whether the Bold is an acceptable phone in terms of performance and functionality in comparison to the TyTN II...?