Texting Issue

Guest Athenon

Guest Athenon

Ever since I got this refurbished phone (I think it has to do with WM6.1), texting has had a slight oddity to it. I'll get a text message...the home screen will say 1 new text message. I'll go and read it, then when I press home again...it STILL says I have 1 new message. I'll go read it again...when I press home again, I now have 0 unread messages. It doesn't make any sense to me. I read it, but it still says I haven't. Any ideas? It's quite annoying.

Guest JamRWS6
Ever since I got this refurbished phone (I think it has to do with WM6.1), texting has had a slight oddity to it. I'll get a text message...the home screen will say 1 new text message. I'll go and read it, then when I press home again...it STILL says I have 1 new message. I'll go read it again...when I press home again, I now have 0 unread messages. It doesn't make any sense to me. I read it, but it still says I haven't. Any ideas? It's quite annoying.

Just click the back arrow (above the call end button) and it goes away.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Athenon

Isn't there some sort of registry setting where it's marked as read as soon as you see it? This seems like an annoying bug to me. I receive the message, I read the message, yet I still have "1 new message!"

Guest omahawk
Isn't there some sort of registry setting where it's marked as read as soon as you see it? This seems like an annoying bug to me. I receive the message, I read the message, yet I still have "1 new message!"

I have this too. I deleted all my messages, Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Etc. and still had it. Called into tech support and they suggested the same things I already tried. Their only other suggestion is that it is a hardware error and I need to send my phone in.

I never sent it in, have had my phone for over 10 months. I also have not tried a hard reset, I have to many things installed, too much of a hassle that I am not willing to do. This is little more than an annoyance so it is something I can live with until I get a new phone sometime next year