Kick Ass WAD2 Skins

Guest mobilehappy

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e
Ok Guys got it....

it is as easy as stated

I have resized the wallpaper.png files for vista theme and works a dream.

very very customisable

Try the Iphone theme, that's really a mess. All grey boxes and such. I got the position right by manually setting icons to 140x140 but still grey boxes. Ah well, ain't giving up yet.

Guest Magpie2000k

Yeah just trying that one now...

I seem to ba having problems even getting Iphone one to load up..

Set portrait and landscape but just seems to hang..

did you have this problem

Guest dawidm86
Ok Guys got it....

it is as easy as stated

I have resized the wallpaper.png files for vista theme and works a dream.

very very customisable

Can You upload here Your resized wallpapers to Vista skin B) ? I'd be very grateful B)

Guest dawidm86

Does it work good on Omnia (after changing wallpapers) B) ?

Thank You for Your effort B)

EDIT : Sorry for my English ;]

Edited by dawidm86

Guest Magpie2000k

Ok Guys I have worked out how to do the Iphone skin.....

its simple realy

Like me you will have installed to storage not main memory. As such the target for the icons is set to main memory you need to browse with each Icon

Click and hold then properties then browse to................ iPhone_IconsHomescreen_Icons slect the large icon for first one and small for second ie when pressed.

bingo.

having trouble where to point the settings one though

enjoy

Guest finaldestiny

ahh, good work Magpie!

Unfortunately I'll be pre-occupied until around the 16th so I won't be much help til then.

Its good to see that some progress is being made on this though!

Any noticeable changes in speed, battery life etc as yet? If no then this will be a dream! B)

Guest Magpie2000k

havent noticed any the Iphone skin runs smoothly but the set up is long winded.

I will keep working on it and see if I can somehow change the default locations it is using to speed up the process.

But it does look good..

Guest sabestian

It looks really sharp! I like the idea of full customization.

I found that Manila, although brilliant, does not leave much for a user to play with (apart from the looks). Which - in my case - rules it out, as I have to see at least a few days worth of appointments on my today screen...

SPB Shell - I simply cannot get on with it. Too different to what I'm used to.

I settled on rlToday+phoneAlarm+TodayAgenda combo, not eye-catching but suits me well.

Sorry for derail... Can I just ask, why WAD2 and not WAD3 that is available on the market?

Edit: of course, WAD3 does not exist. Sorry!

Edited by sabestian

Guest mobilehappy
I want the ProTn one but it's so messed up nothing appears on my screen except half the date.

It's the best one too B)

The problem with using the pre-made skinns is that you will have to have WAD2 installed in the same place and also follow all the instructions of the template maker as to where to put the skin files.

So if they have WAD2 installed in the device memory and the graphics on the memory card , you will have to do exactly the same on your phone.

If the author have WAD2 installed on the device memory and the graphics placed in the device memory, you will have to do exactly the same on your phone.

But since it would be more natural to install software on my storage and also use my storage or the memory card for graphics on Omnia, i would suggest that instead of just adding the wanted skin you recreate it yourself using the included graphics from the skins pack.

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest Jokes On You
The problem with using the pre-made skinns is that you will have to have WAD2 installed in the same place and also follow all the instructions of the template maker as to where to put the skin files.

So if they have WAD2 installed in the device memory and the graphics on the memory card , you will have to do exactly the same on your phone.

If the author have WAD2 installed on the device memory and the graphics placed in the device memory, you will have to do exactly the same on your phone.

But since it would be more natural to install software on my storage and also use my storage or the memory card for graphics on Omnia, i would suggest that instead of just adding the wanted skin you recreate it yourself using the included graphics from the skins pack.

Ok I got the theme on my storage card and I was wondering is there a specific place im supposed to put it? I cant get it to come up in my theme selector.

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest mobilehappy
Ok I got the theme on my storage card and I was wondering is there a specific place im supposed to put it? I cant get it to come up in my theme selector.

Read up on the instructions from where you got it, most authors do write down placment instructions in the forum whhere they post the links to the skins.

You can "import" the skin in the admin of wad2 , you will then get up a filbrowser and you just navigate to it and select the skin file after that is done it will show in the themes selector.

Guest mobilehappy

Read up on the instructions from where you got it, most authors do write down placment instructions in the forum where they post the links to the skins.

You can "import" the skin in the admin of wad2 , you will then get up a file browser and you just navigate to it and select the skin file after that is done it will show in the themes selector.

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

I got the Iphone theme working by installing the program and skin to the device memory. Now I only have 10MB left but it works to fiddle around with it.

Basically go into author mode by pressing on empty space and sekect author. Next press an icon and keep pressed and then select properties. Now you can pinpoint the the icon and pressed icon to an location on your storage memory. But before you do that, make sure you have copied all img folders like Backgrounds, Calendar, Docks, Icons, Meters, Weather, World clock to your storage. Now you can pinpoint them one by one (alot of work) and remove the old ones when finished from your device memory. Leave the WAD2 landscape and portrait folders on your device memory.

Next, you can edit the program the icon should launch. Very easy, keep icon pressed, properties and then select edit script. Clic launch a program and choose edit or add Launch a program by pressing the add button B) When you choose edit you can browse any of the installed program on your device.

Icons can be replace to by making your own and replace the ones on your storage card or add and pinpoint to the own ones made.

This should work. I hope B)

It's possible to edit the paths prior to installing but I can't edit the dat and item-files. Ow and move your finger down on the iphone theme lets you open the windows start menu.

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

Guest Jokes On You
Read up on the instructions from where you got it, most authors do write down placment instructions in the forum where they post the links to the skins.

You can "import" the skin in the admin of wad2 , you will then get up a file browser and you just navigate to it and select the skin file after that is done it will show in the themes selector.

Tried that and it didnt work. When I go to theme manager Mobile Vista portrait and landscape dont come up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Guest Samwise579

I'm using the iphone theme and the vista theme, iphone theme is pretty finger friendly, vista is impossible to use without a stylus. I might try some others if I can be bothered over christmas.

Guest Jokes On You
I'm using the iphone theme and the vista theme, iphone theme is pretty finger friendly, vista is impossible to use without a stylus. I might try some others if I can be bothered over christmas.

how did you get the vista theme to work?