UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest jpldrummer
If you are seeing that error, soft reset your device, then run again. It takes perhaps up to a minute or more before it gives you an indication it is working. When you run multiple instances of the app you get that error. If you have mobile prog experience, get a hex editor and open gpstest and see if you see anything there. You can also open it in notepad to get an idea of what it is doing.

Do I need to load any of the other prior mentioned DLL's/apps or will this work standalone on a stock Omnia.... The only DLL's this test app uses is Core.dll (obviously) and OEMGPSONE.DLL. I can see the calls it makes, and once I can get it running, probably determine what it is doing. I would attempt to run it in the emulator, but without the hardware present, probably not get far. I want to debug it on the device.

Do I need to load any of the other prior mentioned DLL's/apps or will this work standalone on a stock Omnia.... The only DLL's this test app uses is Core.dll (obviously) and OEMGPSONE.DLL. I can see the calls it makes, and once I can get it running, probably determine what it is doing. I would attempt to run it in the emulator, but without the hardware present, probably not get far. I want to debug it on the device.

Not that I recall. Inside the app the only ones referred to are the two you mention. The app will run without installing any of the files mentioned for gpsserver.

Not that I recall. Inside the app the only ones referred to are the two you mention. The app will run without installing any of the files mentioned for gpsserver.

Some source code for gpstest and gpsserver needs to surface. Hello

Guest jpldrummer

I must have done something to screw up my settings ... can't get this test app to load. I have the full source to another GPS test app, and I can use an interceptor IF I can get the known test app working. I would prefer NOT to do a hard reset and spend a day redoing all my email settings and apps/etc.

I'm going to try reinstalling VZNav and see if it might overwrite and fix the settings.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

I must have done something to screw up my settings ... can't get this test app to load. I have the full source to another GPS test app, and I can use an interceptor IF I can get the known test app working. I would prefer NOT to do a hard reset and spend a day redoing all my email settings and apps/etc.

I'm going to try reinstalling VZNav and see if it might overwrite and fix the settings.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

If you have total commander, go to the windows directory, rename oemGPSone.dll, gpsapi.dll,

stdgps.dll if it exists. Do a soft reset, the system will recreate the original files. You can use the standard File Explorer also.

Go back to the windows directory, delete the renamed files. You are now back to original form.

Edited by rapcon

Guest paradizelost

The stock oemgpsone.dll at that, none of the modified files are necessary for gpstest to function.

Guest jpldrummer

Then I got things screwed up good. The test app can't talk to the GPS, I reinstalled VZNav and it says 'cant load privacy settings' and then 'couldn't initialize GPS'. The only thing I think is different from standard is the setting in the Control Panel GPS settings (because I can't remember what they were). Also, I don't remember having the GPDx settings in the GPS Program Port listings before.

Anyone check their settings quick and let me know what standard is (or what works).

I know as I change them, the VZNav behavior changes (never quite works though)

Guest jpldrummer

ok .. got VZ to start up now (had to unplug the darn USB cable .. stupid!!!) but still cant get the test program to work.

Someone sharing those settings might help ... thanks

Now we ought to start emailing Verizon to get it off forced data plans! I wonder what their response would be....

They should never be allowed to add data plan or force on one on anyone if their contract did expired yet!

Guest paradizelost
Now we ought to start emailing Verizon to get it off forced data plans! I wonder what their response would be....

They should never be allowed to add data plan or force on one on anyone if their contract did expired yet!

FAMX this isnt the thread for that.

Guest jpldrummer

ok .. I give up .. back to my normal work. No one wants to tell me what the stock settings were - so be it.

I did get an answer back from that verizon guy though......

Mr. xxxxxx,

I cannot tell you

specific dates when the manufacturer will provide software that has met the

technical specifications required - this is purely dependent on Samsung. Based

on what they have told us , this will occur late in the first half of 2009,

however, that is purely up to Samsung.

I hope that this helps

you make a decision as to how to proceed.

Steve Schwed

Verizon Wireless

As usual, blames it on Samsung who had a perfectly working solution!

ok .. got VZ to start up now (had to unplug the darn USB cable .. stupid!!!) but still cant get the test program to work.

Someone sharing those settings might help ... thanks

gpstest should work on a stock Omnia. You just need to be mindful that only one instance will run and it will give the appearance of not working until it can see some Sats. Therefore if you are inside, perhaps you need to go outside. Some have had success inside, but that depends obviously on the construction of their home.

Guest paradizelost
ok .. I give up .. back to my normal work. No one wants to tell me what the stock settings were - so be it.

I did get an answer back from that verizon guy though......

As usual, blames it on Samsung who had a perfectly working solution!

Dude, stock settings have been given over and over in the thread. Read back a little. If you REALLY can't figure it out, do a HARD RESET as specified in your manual. It will restore it to factory.

Guest unlazyfree

Can someone post up the steps to get to where everyone is at this point? I want to get caught up on what people have done, etc. but don't really want to go through 20+ pages

Guest JASTECH

I don't have:

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

On my new replacement via insurance. A little different eh?

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest JASTECH
Can someone post up the steps to get to where everyone is at this point? I want to get caught up on what people have done, etc. but don't really want to go through 20+ pages

unlazyfree, You should read through the pages, this will be the first step in learning. It's better then jumping ahead and then having to ask more questions then the Tax Man.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest krelvinaz
I don't have:

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Hide = 0

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings\Group = 2

On my new replacement via insurance. A little different eh?

Mine never had those to begin with.

Guest jpldrummer
Dude, stock settings have been given over and over in the thread. Read back a little. If you REALLY can't figure it out, do a HARD RESET as specified in your manual. It will restore it to factory.

"dude" ... I have read this entire thread. I have seen many conflicting setting for baud rate, and I am simply asking what the stock version was. I am not going to hard reset and have to load all my settings back. I was offering to actually get involved in the programming solution to this as I am a Windows mobile developer. Screw it. Have fun on your own.

"dude" ... I have read this entire thread. I have seen many conflicting setting for baud rate, and I am simply asking what the stock version was. I am not going to hard reset and have to load all my settings back. I was offering to actually get involved in the programming solution to this as I am a Windows mobile developer. Screw it. Have fun on your own.

PLENTY OF US HERE ANYWAY!

will be fine without u!

Guest paradizelost

As of right now, there is nothing that you can reproduce without just having gpstest. Don't worry about any more than that at this time. None of the other settings have made any differences.

Guest paradizelost

As far as stock settings go, everything is windows managed, and you delete any files you have put on the device, and replace any of the registry entries you deleted, and delete any you have added. If you are unwilling to spend the 15 min putting your settings back after a hard reset, you probably shouldn't be trying instructions that have not been proven to work in the first place. In the course of testing i've hard-reset at least 20 times in the last week. Look into SPB Backup. It will help you out after a hard reset. but that's also what syncing with your computer, and having an addon SD Card are for.

As far as you being a windows mobile developer, if you can't look through the thread and see what people have said about changing settings and manage to reverse them, or reverse the changes that you yourself made, i don't think i'd want you developing for my phone. So long and thanks for all the fish.