UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest Enraged Ninja
i haven't seen a WM6.5 rom for a CMDA phone, which is the underlying problem. the right person, with an i910 omnia, could POSSIBLY dump the ROM, extract drivers and all the things needed for phoen hardware, and integrate it somehow... but WM6.5 really isn't worth this hassle, nor is a GPS fix, its just too much for what we really want here. If what "John Smith" said is credible about 2nd Quater update, and that he didn't hesitate, this again brings much hope for a Verizon release and at least something to go on. But hell, we've done so much already why stop now?

I would like to mention again my post above about the External GPS settigns and how setting a hardware port doesn't work and only reverts back to "none." Th me this indicates that windows isn't recognizing the hardware, and that verizon put something in there to do this. Can anyone with VZNav check into this for us and see if it sets or is able to be set when VZNav is running?

Do you have a BT GPS connected...? Wouldnt it change the settings back due to no device actually connected?

(Downloading VZNav now)

Has anyone tried purchasing VZNav and running another GPS application (like google maps)?

Guest Enraged Ninja

Steps to getting /activating VZNav:

1) Clicked VZNav (assuming it was already on my Verizon i910), instead it opens IE and prompts me to download "verizon-i910-4.1.5.40-PROD-LPS_signed2.cab" (1.65M).

2) Installed CAB, ran VZNav

3) Ran through promary setup asking about location access, gave it full permission

4) Crashed, said it couldnt activate my GPS, heh......

5) Re-opened, active

6) Opened "Maps and traffic ----> Follow Me Map", hey 'wadda ya know' if found me B) (VZNav successfully activates GPS and locates client)

This is where it gets interesting, yet im sure everyone knows this (cause if im correct i read this a couple thousand pages back).

I open, first, google maps while leaving VZNav active with location on me. Google actually gets farther than i have ever seen it, puts a blue dot in a middle of nothing. In the upper right says "Active GPS(0)..." and struggles with that and does nothing for a good while. This is more than the "Searching for GPS sat...". So i flip back to VZNav, in the upper right where it displays GPS "yay" or "nay" status it says "GPS (X)" (its in red, its not liking it/cant find it/cant read it). Well, i assume 2 programs cant access the same piece of hardware... right....? Should be able to if im correct. Turned off Gmap with VZNav STILL running, switch back to viewing VZNav - "GPS (check)" in green, its finding me again... spooky.

Accidently left GPSTest running for this next bit, VZNav does not like that... Tried opening "Follow Me Map" with GPSTest going and it gives me error "Could not process your GPS request. Please try again. [15]". So i close GPSTest (leaving Nav open the whole time), tab back to Nav, click "Follow me Map" - opens fine and finds me again. OK, im spotted on Nav and its saying GPS is working... tab back to GPSTest (ver 1.04) and it actually actives/finds the GPS, says its running... Goes from looking for GPS unit --> GPS starting up --> GPS Running.

Now... i dont know what GPS Test does though, i read it a couple threads back. So the HDOP in the upper right i have no clue what that is, or the FIX in the upper right. Those numbers if interested are "FIX - 3D", "DPOP - goes from 1.00 - 2.10". Also unsure of the middle part too. I take it GPSTest is exactly what it means, a test to see if the GPS is working...? The middle part of the screen the satellites its picking up....?

Not sure if this helps at all... any suggestions while i still have this free 24 hr on my lap?

EDIT ** Forgot to mention GPSTest finds my GPS unit on COM 8 baud rate 9600 and if VZNav is down so is the GPSTest. Also i forgot to mention in the certificates VZNav adds under the "Intermediate" tab. Cert info "Issued to: VZW LBS CA, Issued by: VZW LBS Root CA, Valid from: 6/21/07 to 6/20/27, Intended Purpose(s): All Purposes"

Edited by Enraged Ninja

Guest WoZZeR999
Steps to getting /activating VZNav:

1) Clicked VZNav (assuming it was already on my Verizon i910), instead it opens IE and prompts me to download "verizon-i910-4.1.5.40-PROD-LPS_signed2.cab" (1.65M).

2) Installed CAB, ran VZNav

3) Ran through promary setup asking about location access, gave it full permission

4) Crashed, said it couldnt activate my GPS, heh......

5) Re-opened, active

6) Opened "Maps and traffic ----> Follow Me Map", hey 'wadda ya know' if found me B) (VZNav successfully activates GPS and locates client)

This is where it gets interesting, yet im sure everyone knows this (cause if im correct i read this a couple thousand pages back).

I open, first, google maps while leaving VZNav active with location on me. Google actually gets farther than i have ever seen it, puts a blue dot in a middle of nothing. In the upper right says "Active GPS(0)..." and struggles with that and does nothing for a good while. This is more than the "Searching for GPS sat...". So i flip back to VZNav, in the upper right where it displays GPS "yay" or "nay" status it says "GPS (X)" (its in red, its not liking it/cant find it/cant read it). Well, i assume 2 programs cant access the same piece of hardware... right....? Should be able to if im correct. Turned off Gmap with VZNav STILL running, switch back to viewing VZNav - "GPS (check)" in green, its finding me again... spooky.

Accidently left GPSTest running for this next bit, VZNav does not like that... Tried opening "Follow Me Map" with GPSTest going and it gives me error "Could not process your GPS request. Please try again. [15]". So i close GPSTest (leaving Nav open the whole time), tab back to Nav, click "Follow me Map" - opens fine and finds me again. OK, im spotted on Nav and its saying GPS is working... tab back to GPSTest (ver 1.04) and it actually actives/finds the GPS, says its running... Goes from looking for GPS unit --> GPS starting up --> GPS Running.

Now... i dont know what GPS Test does though, i read it a couple threads back. So the HDOP in the upper right i have no clue what that is, or the FIX in the upper right. Those numbers if interested are "FIX - 3D", "DPOP - goes from 1.00 - 2.10". Also unsure of the middle part too. I take it GPSTest is exactly what it means, a test to see if the GPS is working...? The middle part of the screen the satellites its picking up....?

Not sure if this helps at all... any suggestions while i still have this free 24 hr on my lap?

EDIT ** Forgot to mention GPSTest finds my GPS unit on COM 8 baud rate 9600 and if VZNav is down so is the GPSTest. Also i forgot to mention in the certificates VZNav adds under the "Intermediate" tab. Cert info "Issued to: VZW LBS CA, Issued by: VZW LBS Root CA, Valid from: 6/21/07 to 6/20/27, Intended Purpose(s): All Purposes"

If you still have the cab you used to install, can you post that, or send it to me? Also, where did you get a version 1.04 of GPSTest, the one I have doesn't have any of that information?

Guest Enraged Ninja

I have been looking for the GPS settings on my phone and i cant find them... not the phone settings ---> GPS location 911/All but the one under settings --> System tab --> GPS. I SWEAR i found that on my phone before i activated it (bought 2 omnias online and had them shipped to me) but i could be mistaken with my work phone......

In any rate, my work phone (not omnia, big ol' phone called "symbol") has a GPS setting under the system tab. But the omnia doesnt. So i was digging around under windows folder on both and under my omnia -- Mobile Device\windows and saw GPSSettings.exe, clicked on it, nothing. There is another file called GPS_XTRA.exe, click on it, nothing. OK... so.. im no programmer but i love opening crap in notepad... I drag and drop both those files to my desktop, the GPS_XTRA.exe is a icon of VZNav with a cog in front of it (kindve like an icon used to represent "settings") the GPSSettings.exe is just a plain terminal icon, pretty. I threw those files under the ghetto notepad microscope but of course i have no idea what it is or what its trying to do... All i know is that i see some file names in there and stuff like "< p a r m - q u e r y n a m e = " U s e r N a m e " / >" no idea what it would be calling on a UN/PW... the GPS_XTRA.exe file is similar but with some noticeable differences. such as stuff like...

D o w n l o a d   I n t e r v a l   :	 € P	 < ”  ðÿÿ		 P	( N S  ñÿÿ€ X T R A   D a t a   D o w n l o a d		  S e t t i n g s   E n h a n c e d   G P S  E n h a n c e d   G P S   S e t t i n g s * U n a b l e   t o   a c c e s s   n e t w o r k .   P l e a s e   t r y   a g a i n  X T R A   S e t t i g n s   e r r o r € I f   y o u   w a n t   t o   u s e   X T R A   o r   a u t o - d o w n l o a d   f u n c t i o n s ,   y o u   m a y   n e e d   t o   p a y   e x t r a   f o r   G P R S   c o n n e c t i o n .   A p p l y   c h a n g e s   t o   y o u r   d e v i c e ? W Y o u   m u s t   r e s t a r t   p h o n e   f o r   t h i s   c h a n g e   t o   t a k e   e f f e c t .   R e s t a r t   p h o n e   t o   a p p l y   s e t t i n g s ? ) X T R A   d a t a   d o w n l o a d   a n d   i n j e c t i o n   s u c c e s s    X T R A   d a t a   d o w n l o a d   F a i l - X T R A   d o w n l o a d   w o u l d   b e   m a k e   c h a r g e .   C o n t i n u e ?  E r r o r 0 G P S   X T R A   D a t a   i s   e x p i r e d .   P l e a s e   d o w n l o a d   a g a i n .					    O K  H E L P		  "

again... im not sure if this is helping any... im a HUGE tinker type of guy and love digging through things. Im also desperate to get this GPS working... i want it... now. :\

Edited by Enraged Ninja

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Again, I'm just a hack who had one class in VB some years back when it comes to programming but would it help to look at the hex of the files in VZWNav? I DLed a HEX editor and was looking at the files and found the following string in the VZNAVI~1.001 file in the raw cab file:

AYGSHELL.dll<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>GPSCloseDevice

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:04><bh:00>GPSOpenDevice

<bh:00><bh:05><bh:00>GPSSetDeviceParam

<bh:00><bh:03><bh:00>GPSGetPosition

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:02><bh:00>GPSGetDeviceState

<bh:00><bh:01><bh:00>GPSGetDeviceParam

<bh:00>LBSDriver.dll<bh:00>COREDLL.dll

<bh:00><bh:08><bh:00>CoInitializeEx

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:0f><bh:00>CoUninitialize

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:03><bh:00>CoCreateInstance

<bh:00><bh:00>ole32.dll<bh:00>,<bh:00>SysFreeString

<bh:00>OLEAUT32.dll<bh:00><bh:00>?<bh:00>htonl

<bh:00>@<bh:00>htons<bh:00><bh:07><bh:00>WSACleanup

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:10><bh:00>WSAGetLastError

<bh:00>5<bh:00>gethostbyname<bh:00>%<bh:00>WSAStartup

<bh:00><bh:00>-<bh:00>__WSAFDIsSet<bh:00><bh:00>K

<bh:00>select<bh:00><bh:00>1<bh:00>connect<bh:00>L

<bh:00>send<bh:00><bh:00>I<bh:00>recv

<bh:00><bh:00>0<bh:00>closesocket<bh:00>Q

<bh:00>socket<bh:00><bh:00>WS2.dll<bh:00>PHONE.dll

<bh:00>cellcore.dll

To me this looks like the sequence of calls to make an intial connection out? As I recall one instructor told us it was good to start with a close command just to be sure what you were about to call up was properly closed out last usage. If I'm way off let me know and I won't tie up more bandwidth.

Lots of good lines of "stuff" floating around in the files if you look at them raw. Is there a disassembler for BREW?

S.

Guest aceofrazgriz

good thinking there blue.

these lines stick out to me, it would be nice to see what EXACTLY is going on in this section...

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:04><bh:00>GPSOpenDevice

<bh:00><bh:05><bh:00>GPSSetDeviceParam

as we know VZNav still does aGPS, but throught the GPS chipset, and it opens up the chipset for use when opened (while taking up the connection so no other apps can use it.)

We know that the LBSDriver.dll is used for GPS, and i'm guessing COREDLL.dll is VZNav specific, may contain some info for us.

Thats what stands out to me, and what i think may be useful, i'm not really knowledgeable in this stuff myself, but can't help myself from trying.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Another guess on the process I haven't seen mentioned here is that somewhere the VZNav app may be calling home to make sure the handest has a paid up subscription to use the system. I would think they would have set it to do that check before anything else otherwise why waste the bandwidth on their system with the rest of the checks and calls out if there wasn't an authorized user declared right off the top?

So the system may be making a call to the mother ship for authorization to start the app itself. If they were really concerned about the system being opened up, they may have it so the system passes a key to the GPS hardware through VZNav before that is even opened up. It's all guess work until someone reads the actual code and figures out exaclty how either the VZNav app really works or someone goes in depth on the chipset and goes from a fresh start enabeling the onboard GPS hardware only with brand new software to talk directly to the GPS portion of the chip.

At this point I have no more to add for the evening.

Lots of other bits in the VZNav cab file others can look at to. Just rying to add to the data pool.

S.

Guest dmk679
Another guess on the process I haven't seen mentioned here is that somewhere the VZNav app may be calling home to make sure the handest has a paid up subscription to use the system. I would think they would have set it to do that check before anything else otherwise why waste the bandwidth on their system with the rest of the checks and calls out if there wasn't an authorized user declared right off the top?

So the system may be making a call to the mother ship for authorization to start the app itself. If they were really concerned about the system being opened up, they may have it so the system passes a key to the GPS hardware through VZNav before that is even opened up. It's all guess work until someone reads the actual code and figures out exaclty how either the VZNav app really works or someone goes in depth on the chipset and goes from a fresh start enabeling the onboard GPS hardware only with brand new software to talk directly to the GPS portion of the chip.

At this point I have no more to add for the evening.

Lots of other bits in the VZNav cab file others can look at to. Just rying to add to the data pool.

S.

yes - vznav makes a call to check for authorization.

I posted this link previously - it discusses the security on the vx6800 which is very similar to what we have seen on the i910 thus far.

Guest somedude

does anyone know if xda has a section for the i910?

i honestly think our best bet is going over to xda and having those guys try to help us, since they are winmo guru's.

Guest aceofrazgriz

i honestly think our best bet is going over to xda and having those guys try to help us, since they are winmo guru's.

no specific forum for it, but theres sections you could try that may get decent responses, i'm sure theres been people who have made a topic there fro this specific reason.

Guest theshaz

No doubt xda is loaded with WinMo guru's but for the most part they cover only HTC devices. This was one of the reasons I was leary of the Omnia, my previous two devices were HTC devices. I got the Omnia becase VZ nerfed the RAM on the TP. My brother has the TP...I hacked the GPS on his for him using xda............months ago. I would feel better if there was more chatter about the ROM update and/or VZ officially unlock it.

Guest aceofrazgriz

i'm about 5min from leaving for work, so i can't do this now (will later if no1 else does) but could anyone find out what/if any other phones have WM6.1 and working GPS have the Qualcomm MSM6800 chipset... then try to find someone on here or xda which has one. maybe the GPS files from those phones may be a big help to use here. An overwrite may do something, or even the code in the files may help a bit.

Edited by aceofrazgriz

Guest DeepBlueEditor
i'm about 5min from leaving for work, so i can't do this now (will later if no1 else does) but could anyone find out what/if any other phones have WM6.1 and working GPS have the Qualcomm MSM6800 chipset... then try to find someone on here or xda which has one. maybe the GPS files from those phones may be a big help to use here. An overwrite may do something, or even the code in the files may help a bit.

Capitol idea.

S.

Guest ailboles

Just a sidebar for a moment.

On the subject of the GPS thing, I think if we all were to take a look at microsoft.com we'd get a chuckle.  You'll see in the big splash that is right up front the picture of an omnia.  With a fullscreen GPS map.

Oh, the follies of microsoft.  How they do like to rub it in...

post-507041-1238279754_thumb.jpg

Guest natedawg1013

Hi! I have a full dump of my omnia i910's rom. I can't do a whole lot with it, but I'll upload it if anyone wants it. Please let me know.

Note: I just checked, and my files are gone. They just disappeared. I'll re-dump after a hard reset tonight.

I can get the rom in:

.bin

.nb

Part0x.raw(except for Part02 which cannot be directly dumped, and needs to be extracted as a .bin)

.<possibly anything else needed>

just ask B) !

Hope this helps.

I just don't want to upload everything--only 128k upload--in case some parts are unneeded or unable to be used, or in case everyone already has these.

Guest JDawg183
Hi! I have a full dump of my omnia i910's rom. I can't do a whole lot with it, but I'll upload it if anyone wants it. Please let me know.

I would love you have this. There is a guy who developed a good version of WM 6.5 for the I900, he said that if he had a full rom dump of the 910 he would be able to make one for it based on the one he made for the 900. If this opened up the GPS because the ROM was untouched by VZW, maybe we could dissect that and figure it out. Or just have 6.5 and be happy B)

Guest Chugworth

ailboles: Yeah, I saw that picture at Microsoft.com. Is that VZNav though? I can't really tell. It's been a while since I used VZNav, and I never intend to use it again (unless they make it free).

Edited by Chugworth

Guest JDawg183

Ok, I had a new idea, maybe we are going about this the wrong way, what if we were to contact Microsoft about getting a clean 6.1 ROM? On their site, it has the omnia and has it listed as having GPS, maybe if we told them, hey, you have on your site we should have GPS, we dont, can you send me a clean rom so I can install it and access my GPS, they might. I mean, whats the difference between a clean install of WM 6.1 and Windows Vista? Problem is, I can not find their email address on the site. I go through the Contact Us link and it just gives me the run around. If anyone else can find it, and email them, or tell me what the address is so I can, it might work. And if we can get 1 working rom, we can use that to get all working roms B) Here is where Microsoft clearly has the Omnia as having Internal GPS http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...martphones.mspx

Guest aceofrazgriz
Ok, I had a new idea, maybe we are going about this the wrong way, what if we were to contact Microsoft about getting a clean 6.1 ROM? On their site, it has the omnia and has it listed as having GPS, maybe if we told them, hey, you have on your site we should have GPS, we dont, can you send me a clean rom so I can install it and access my GPS, they might. I mean, whats the difference between a clean install of WM 6.1 and Windows Vista? Problem is, I can not find their email address on the site. I go through the Contact Us link and it just gives me the run around. If anyone else can find it, and email them, or tell me what the address is so I can, it might work. And if we can get 1 working rom, we can use that to get all working roms B) Here is where Microsoft clearly has the Omnia as having Internal GPS http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...martphones.mspx

won't work due to licensing with samsung. we'd have to go thru samsung to get this, again it wouldn't happen due to licensing with VZW. the only place we could get this would be from verizon, but we all know thats not gonna happen.

jdawg, if you need a place to upload the dump quick, ez, and free, PM me.

Guest M Moogle

<Rant>

Ugh, theres so much misinformation floating around in this thread lately I couldn't ignore it anymore:

There is no such thing as a 'clean' ROM for the i910 from Microsoft - or anybody at this point. Microsoft just makes the core OS files - its up to each manufacturer to add drivers, settings, etc for each device. Read up on how Windows CE works - its NOT like Vista or XP or any of the 'PC' OSes.

The ROM has been dumped and posted several times already - do a search for it in the ROM section of the forum.

The reason that 910 ROMs can't be made at this point is due to a lack of a ROM upgrade file to start from. You can dump the OS from the Omnia easily enough (I did it last year - read back in the thread), but you're missing the rest of the key parts needed to reconstruct a working flash file (Radio files, etc).

Somebody earlier was talking about 'GPSTest 1.04' - this is not the correct GPSTest program. You want to use the one written by Skywing or the modified one somebody posted earlier.

VZNav is not necessary to even have it installed to get GPSTest to work (I don't have it installed nor have I ever on my current replacement Omnia). Read Skywing's documentation on how the GPS encryption works - he's figured it all out already and written applications that almost work on the Omnia. We know how the GPS encryption/handshake process occurs - its just sliiiightly different on the Omnia.

There's no reason to muck around in QPST to get GPSTest to work.

Getting the GPS control panel to appear will not make any difference in terms of the encryption that happens on the on-board GPS hardware.

Everyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read Skywing's documentation and the rest of the thread before asking questions that have been answered a million times over already. Or hell, just read back like 2 pages before posting something - this thread goes in circles over and over.

</Rant>

The following can lead towards getting the GPS unlocked:

- Figure out why GPSSrv.exe doesn't initialize properly on the Onmia (and why it sometimes works with the timing trick w/ Gpstest) and fix it. There was some promising talk on this a week or two ago but the people working on that seem to have dissappeared. The LBS drivers might be usefull in figuring out the initialization sequence for the GPS and how it differs from the XV6800/GPSServer.

- The rilcdma.dll driver file seems to have a ton of GPS related initialization stuff in it - this again might be usefull in figuring out how the Omnia differs.

- See if we can adapt the Touch Pro method of unlocking to the Omnia somehow (doubtful as I don't think the Omnia has as PRI like HTC devices do)

- Look at other recent Samsung CDMA phones with unlocked GPS hardware and figure out how they differ.

- Wait for Verizon to unlock it eventually.

Guest Chugworth

Well now, I just tried the Skywing gpstest.exe application for the first time on my device, and it does not give me a valid location. "Long" and "Lat" have ridiculously large values before the decimal and are completely inaccurate in any way you look at it. All the rest of the values have zeros, except for "F/Q/S" which shows "0/0/1"

I do have the Phone/GPS location setting enabled, and I have tried resetting my device a couple of times.

Guest krelvinaz

gpstest works fine on my phone after a soft-reset.

Takes a while sometimes (sitting inside) for it to see the Sat's but when it does, it starts showing valid Long and Lat info. The data however is clearly backwards. lat is long and long is lat.

Long: 33.402502

Lat: -111.882947

Speed: 0.000000

Heading: 2.700000

Altitude: 363.10000

Sats: 5 (5 in view)

F/Q/S = 1/2/1

Guest dmk679

I have been moving in a few different directions, not sure if that is a good thing. hah.

1 - qpst - hooked up phone to qpst and set agps settings on gpsonechip and enabled all options (used same settings as vx6800 thread - wiki link). In google maps, I get "searching for satellites" using stock dll's. This tells me the gps radio is open, but still encrypted.

2 - gpstest - after performing qpst changed (not sure if it affected this result), i was successfully able to get VALID coordinates most of the time and sats registered. Log file for the successful run available also. I have been able to replicate after soft reset. I could not get gpstest to run successfully on my device before messing with qpst - it may be a coincidence though.

3 - visual studio debugging - using vs2008, was able to hook up phone to debug module with wireless link. Got debug files for gpstest (unsuccessful coords unfortunately), gpssrv (unsuccessful coords) and vznav (successful coords). VS log files and gpstest/gpssrv log files attached for your review.

4 - been thinking about lbsdriver.dll and bypassing the two checks it performs, again, from skywings uninformed article:

The first such protection embedded into LBSDriver.dll is a digital signature check on the main process executable corresponding to any program that attempts to load LBSDriver.dll. This check is ultimately triggered when the GPSOpenDevice export on LBSDriver.dll is called. Specifically, the calling process module is confirmed to be signed by a custom certificate. If this is not the case, then an error dialog is shown, and the GPSOpenDevice request is denied. This check is based on calling GetModuleFileName(NULL, ...)[8] to retrieve the path to the main process image, which is then run through the aforementioned signature check.

Additionally, LBSDriver.dll also connects to an Autodesk-operated server in order to determine if the calling program is authorized to use LBSDriver.dll. In addition to verifying that the calling program is approved as a GPS-enabled application, the Autodesk-operated server also appears to indicate back to the client whether or not the user's account has been provisioned for a subscription location-enabled application, such as VZ Navigator. A program hoping to utilize LBSDriver.dll must pass these checks in order to successfully acquire a location fix using the built-in gpsOne hardware.

The Autodesk-operated server also provides configuration information (such as Position Determining Entity (PDE) addresses) that is later used in the assisted GPS process. However, this configuration information appears to be more or less static, at least for the critical portions necessary to enable assisted GPS, and can thus be cached and reused by third-party programs without even needing to go through the Autodesk server.

I found two instances in lbsdriver of getmodulefilename and I believe I found the two compare points that need hex editing. Unfortunately, my hex editing skills are lacking - anyone can help - I can provide the points that require modification. I also found a registry setting related to the autodesk check at HKCU\software\autodesk\lbsdriver which looks like a digital certificate - also found where it loads this value in lbsdriver. If we could hex edit the correct points in this file and rename lbsdriver to gpsapi.dll we could have something (lbsdriver replaces gpsapi since they both export the same functions).

gps_log_files.rar

Guest aceofrazgriz

can i get the dial code for QPST? i haven't found a working one anywhere (maybe i missed something.) I too have been unable to get any sats under gpstest from skywing for the record. Everything GPS related is stock on my phone mostly, can't remember what i've changed... bad memory :\