UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest Adrynalyne

I start the software download, it reboots the phone, gives that message, I let the phone boot to today screen, hit ok, as asks, turn phone off>on, and get PDa device not found.

>>I should note that the modem setting does not stay through the reset.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest somedude
I start the software download, it reboots the phone, gives that message, I let the phone boot to today screen, hit ok, as asks, turn phone off>on, and get PDa device not found.

are you running windows xp? i remember seeing this error on vista.

Guest theidoctor.org
i sold my omnia Friday and got the storm today

How do you like the storm? i have been trying to trade my omnia for one... but i really like the omnia cause i have the garmin mobile xt on it and just waiting for this dang unlock.

AND PLEASE, EVERYONE, if you dont have anything worthy to say regarding this thread, do not say it....

just leave tegra alone, he has already given what we have been asking for, and we can't afford to have this thread closed with all the backlinks and other sites following this one!

Guest somedude
Vista.

That sucks...Do you have access to a xp machine?

You probably wont be able to upgrade under vista. I dont know why, but it only works with xp.

Guest theidoctor.org
Im about to give up.

lol... we are so close to beating verizon to the punch! do you think they are watching this thread so that when we do get it working, they will send out the new firmware?

Guest BamDastard

You probably wont be able to upgrade under vista. I dont know why, but it only works with xp.

This may sound really stupid, but has anyone tried compatibility mode?

I'd do it, but I'm running Vista on my PC and Win7 on my laptop.

Edited by BamDastard

Guest joex51

Try right clicking on the exe and go to properties click the compatability tab and select run under windows XP SP2 and see if that gets rid of the error.

Guest somedude
lol... we are so close to beating verizon to the punch! do you think they are watching this thread so that when we do get it working, they will send out the new firmware?

lol. This is why i hate verizon. They had this fix since January...It shouldnt take 4 months to test. And the fix was probably some code being commented out.

I guarantee that if we found the fix back in January, verizon wouldve released the new firmware the next day.

Guest somedude
No. No access to XP.

Sorry, thats the only way.

Is there a library, computer lab, friends house or anyone you know running xp?

Guest BamDastard

I know that there is a user out there watching this right now that is running XP and can try this. I have to leav for work in 30 minutes and would love to see this happen before I go. If no one has tried this by the time I get home, I will wipe my PC and install XP for this. That won't be for 10 hours, though.

Guest key5000

I'm ready to try mine on XP, can you post steps by steps instruction on how to load the ROM to i910.

Thanks

KEY

Guest blazingwolf

I will be working on this in just a few minutes. I'm transferring the files from my Mac so I can put them on a Xp machine.

Guest rgsekula

i'll try it..

I have d/l these files:

"i910DLLVerizon.exe"

"i910WM6.1REV10.CC20.VZW.img"

and a folder titled "_529745__SamsungPSTSoftware" with a ton of stuff in it.

all these files are on my Macs desktop atm; I have a a desktop running XP tho.

Clearly Explain where to put these files and what to do with them. I guess I ll run an spb backup first, and active sync my contacts.

Guest necosino

As I understand it, we need to do the following:

Set Omnia's USB settings to Modem

(QUESTION: Does Activesync need to be on/off?)

Open Samsung PST and open the DLL exe through the PST software

Connect phone

Select read phone in the PST menus

Select the ROM and select Download Software to Phone and follow on-screen prompts

I haven't actually looked at the software, but I think this is how its done.

Guest Tim-H
(QUESTION: Does Activesync need to be on/off?)

Activesync has only caused me problems when im trying to run other programs. I would recommend turning it off.

Guest necosino

That's what I assumed as well, Tim-H.

Anybody have any luck? I'm on the edge of my chair waiting to hear something, anything. B)