UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest blazingwolf
if i use spb backup and do the entire thing and update firmware, will my phone be able to get it back?

Hmm, probably not. Sprite has their backup software that is supposed to work over ROMs though.

Guest avluis
Little more info?

I want to know too!

-

Hmm, probably not. Sprite has their backup software that is supposed to work over ROMs though.

I use spb backup, it works like sprite too(rom upgrade recovery backups)

Edited by avluis

Guest JDawg183
i think i almost got it! trying to back it up... whats the easiest way to back up everything? or at least just the contacts?

myphone.microsoft.com backs up pictures, contacts, documents, everything but the firmware basically, and does it over the cloud. Can add contacts and calender items from your computer, no need to connect it.

Guest blazingwolf
I want to know too!

I use spb backup, it works like sprite too(rom upgrade recovery backups)

Didn't realize they had added that it in. Thanks for the info.

Guest avluis
myphone.microsoft.com backs up pictures, contacts, documents, everything but the firmware basically, and does it over the cloud. Can add contacts and calender items from your computer, no need to connect it.

I'm using that too, it's just a tad buggy sometimes, specially when you want to make a quick backup.

Didn't realize they had added that it in. Thanks for the info.

no problem.

I also got hidden menu enabled, did not realize it was for the codes in the dialer.

I'm also trying to get my omnia to flash, but I'm on windows 7 x64 and from what I have gathered, every time the omnia reboots with the usb inserted, it will reconnect and disconnect shortly after.

I'm hoping VZW does not have some sort of different cable for programming...

Any clues on that one?

Edited by avluis

Guest WoZZeR999

It looks like the "updatebin" is the program running with *#9910#. I'm looking into it more, but it may have a built in function to update the rom.

Guest skyhawk21

im gonna say this one more time as clear as day.. it does not matter what you do.. the phone has to be powered up in a firmware flash mode with usb enabled so pc sees it so it can send the firmware while the phone is waiting for it before even booting up windows mobile, nothing you do in windows mobile is going to fix that you need to force the phone into flash mode after reset

Guest blazingwolf
im gonna say this one more time as clear as day.. it does not matter what you do.. the phone has to be powered up in a firmware flash mode with usb enabled so pc sees it so it can send the firmware while the phone is waiting for it before even booting up windows mobile, nothing you do in windows mobile is going to fix that you need to force the phone into flash mode after reset

Thanks, we or at least I understand that but maybe by doing this we can get it in to bootloader mode. We don't know if setting the phone to something specific would help. So we play. B)

Guest blazingwolf
It looks like the "updatebin" is the program running with *#9910#. I'm looking into it more, but it may have a built in function to update the rom.

Sounds like it is interacting with WIndows Update that has been in the last couple of OS releases.

Guest theidoctor.org

so i guess im not that close lol... i just get cannot open comport... and im using vista so it probably wont work

Guest klinc
so i guess im not that close lol... i just get cannot open comport... and im using vista so it probably wont work

I could never get it to work in vista. I have read there are issues with updating and vista to begin with, I had to go to a xp machine to get as far as I did.

Guest theidoctor.org
Settings -> System -> Data Connection

2nd option: As the modem through USB

i am doing this... and i made sure it wasnt showing up in my task manager, but the pst still wont get any information

Guest aggiephoenix

i just flashed it and got it to work i think firware shows up as CC20 ... few new things .. but i dont see GPS settings in menu

Guest blazingwolf
i just flashed it and got it to work i think firware shows up as CC20 ... few new things .. but i dont see GPS settings in menu

A little more info on how you did it please.

Guest azintegra

i told everyone the file was good. people doubted me at first now we have a member who has confirmed that he has updated it.

Edited by azintegra

Guest klinc
i told everyone the file was good. people doubted me at first now we have a member who has confirmed that he has updated it.

TY much sir... will try i when im all done with being a WoW Nerd. B)

Guest aggiephoenix

1. !!From the touch keypad!! dial **33284

2. then enter 000000 at the prompt

this gets you into a debug menu, dont know if that will help us out (credit to user-online.pngblazingwolf) and (azintegra for files)

do this .. then connect the phone it will detect ... and then do software upgrade .. takes 10 mins

Edited by aggiephoenix