UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest WoZZeR999

Doh!, forgot to update phone part. Make sure you enable Phone Bootloader Update and Phone Initialization. If phone has the radio information, then GPS may still work.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest avluis
Doh!, forgot to update phone part. Make sure you enable Phone Bootloader Update and Phone Initialization. If phone has the radio information, then GPS may still work.

that has nothing to do with that, I had both of those options checked on mine but gps is still afk

but guess what, windows live search now detects the gps and puts me on the default grid (middle of the ocean)

that means that the workaround of opening vz navigator and a gps program is no longer necessary, maybe this is the reason why this is still being tested.

Edited by avluis

Guest avluis
I can recieve calls, but I can't seem to dial out anymore. *228 does nothing, and can't get a data signal.

did you do a recovery from a backup?

if so, only recover pim data (contacts, tasks, appointments, etc.), text messages, the my documents folder is optional and email acounts only if you wish to.

do no recover registry or databases.

this happened to me so so a hard reset on device memory and retry.

Edited by avluis

Guest Adrynalyne

Ok, so we appear to have a working beta rom, sans GPS B).

I am new to much of this--can a kitchen be built with this, to cook more roms?

Guest WoZZeR999

I just need someone to look on their phone. And also see if a specific IP is assigned.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Adrynalyne
I just need someone to look on their phone. And also see if a specific IP is assigned.

My password is blank.

Server assigned IP.

Guest smilepak
here is i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HB8EIJ05

u will need to set the phone as a modem by going to settings then usb then modem connect to PST then click Sw and select the ROM image takes about 10 minutes sometime longer. and yea if people would like to donate ill post some more useful files for the omnia as well. i'm putting my job on the line here uploading these for you guys. i could end up empty handed with no job

Is this the leaked ROM? And how the heck do you flash it on Vista?

Edited by smilepak

Guest WoZZeR999
Trying a full update, hopefully that will fix it...

No dice... can anyone backup their PST evdo settings and send them to me? I want to see what's different.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Azinterga, perhaps you would keep an eye on the Samsung site and see if they upload yet another version anytime soon? If indeed this is a testing version they may not yet have all the minor bugs totally worked out (it's a beta right?) so they may do another update at any time. This is likely not the final version we will see come from the company itself.

I applaud the folks involved in getting things this far - all of you that aren't whiny and moany that is. Things take time to settle down and work themselves out. You know how much software I have installed and missed a step or didn't have the secret Kung Foo to get it right the first 5 minutes I had a file? Wow some of you are impatient. I know we get that glazed look in our eyes when something new happens we have been waiting for but if nothing else, this certainly relieves my mind in that at least the big VZW is actually following through with making a new ROM for our rapidly aging handests.

Yes, Verizon (I hope your peeking in and smiling at our meager bush league efforts) did screw us big time with trying to squeak a few bucks out of us by making us pay for a function we should have gotten for free but at least they realized a mistake and are working on it.

Last comment and it's OT but, what is the version of Flash Lite in the new ROM? I hope they upgraded it.

S

Guest somedude

This isnt a total loss. At least we can start cooking roms right?

I believe there's a rom floating around with winmo 6.5 for the i900...

Will it be possible to have a cooked winmo 6.5 for i910?

That would be pretty cool and it will tide me over until we can get the gps fix.

I really hate winmo 6.1, its really outdated.

Guest anthrax79
This isnt a total loss. At least we can start cooking roms right?

I believe there's a rom floating around with winmo 6.5 for the i900...

Will it be possible to have a cooked winmo 6.5 for i910?

That would be pretty cool and it will tide me over until we can get the gps fix.

I really hate winmo 6.1, its really outdated.

You took the words right out of my mouth. After reading through all the crap in the thread, it does appear that at least one other person flashed their phone with the files provided. I have PST working fine, and and not quite ready to pull the trigger on a "beta" ROM, but I might be willing to take that leap if we can get some good kitchens built. I would love to see WinMo 6.5. Plus I have read over and over that if the cooks could get a ROM update, then they would be able to get the GPS stuff working. So now maybe were really really close.

Thanks azbmxrider17 for everything you provided today!!

Guest theidoctor.org

Can somebody put step by step instructions up and i will post all the files and instructions up on my website?

pictures would be nice too lol

Edited by theidoctor.org