UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest blazingwolf
One quick question. Where are you all getting the Phone : SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6 And does that go on the phone or on the comp?

The rest looks simple and clear. Anyone wanna help me with that one questions.... Also, do you need to install the driver? Is this a windows autoinstalled drive?

Thanks guys!

I did a google search and found it. It should also be on the CDs you got with the phone.

Guest thedarkone
thanks

No thank you ; ) Another person quite happy with ur work?

Hey random question...

You know anything about getting Metro flashed phones working with internet? Many ppl looking for that final fix!

Either way, u the MAN!~

Guest aleis
thanks

donate sent dude! :excl:

good luck on your JOB! :excl:

you were playing right?

you wont get in trouble right?

cause i mean....

you may get that $400 easy!

but was it worth your gig?

anyway thanks! :excl:

Guest azintegra
donate sent dude! :excl:

good luck on your JOB! :excl:

you were playing right?

you wont get in trouble right?

cause i mean....

you may get that $400 easy!

but was it worth your gig?

anyway thanks! :excl:

no i'm not kidding about my job in anyway a guy who use to work for the company about 7 years ago was fired and charges pressed for stealing files and selling them but charges were finally dropped by lg not shure wat ever happen th. i'm hopping i dont didnt hear anything from anyone at work today tho.

Edited by azintegra

Guest szinski

I flashed my phone, followed the PDF document... everything went smooth as silk....

My GPS is not working... Using Google Maps and Garmin Mobile XT... neither are getting any satellite locks.

Did you guys do anything afterwards? Change any registry settings? There were several of you who flashed your phones then reported back that the GPS was NOT working... now you're saying it IS working? What did you do to get it enabled?

Steve

Guest azintegra

would bell or telus be any good now? since u guys got it unlocked? or did u just get them to work with each other Google maps and the vz nav. and some one please post the dump they did of the ROM i posted please

Edited by azintegra

Guest pantsman

azintegra, any chance you have access to the standard BJ18 rom? Might be good to have, particularly for people concerned about going forward since right now we have no way to revert back to the original firmware.

Guest Turborepu

go to phone settings, and make the gps setting have location on, not 911 only. then soft reset..

Edited by Turborepu

Guest szinski
go to phone settings, and make the gps setting have location on, not 911 only.

Ok, turned that on... still not seeing anything in Garmin Mobile XT (settings are COM8). Google Maps says "Initializing GPS..." then "No GPS receiver was found."

Guest azintegra

i dont see it here how old is that release! i have all omnia firmware downloaded

BELL IS CB18

TELUS IS CB18

VZW CB26B,CC20,CB06

THAT'S ALL I HAVE ALL THAT WAS ON THE SERVER FOR DOWNLOAD. I MAY HAVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE CUSS I HAVE SO MANY FILES SCATTERED AROUND MAN. ALL SAMSUNG FILES I HAVE ARENT ORGANISED LOL

Guest nutty123

I have never done anything like this before, so want to be real careful if I decide to pull the trigger on this. Reading through the PDF, it has:

2-2. Driver Installation (Phone)

When you download the phone image, you need the driver of Samsung CDMA Modem.

If you want to download the phone image, install the Samsung CDMA Modem driver.

After you install the driver of Samsung CDMA Modem, please restart a host computer.

Is that the same as "SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6" or is it something different? If different, where do I get it?

Guest aleis

about to flash on windows 7.

couldnt i simply set the device as mass storage and run it?

i know i read that somewhere...

edit forget it im diving in! :excl:

Edited by aleis

Guest Turborepu

I edited my post.. you have to soft reset after tweaking that option, you will get a disclaimer.. I am not sure if this is working agps or regular gps but i am about to try Igo8 and I will fiddle around with it with the phone off..

Guest Turborepu
I have never done anything like this before, so want to be real careful if I decide to pull the trigger on this. Reading through the PDF, it has:

Is that the same as "SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6" or is it something different? If different, where do I get it?

The files should be on the verizon disk shipped with your phone, mine was in a red sleeve, and says "vz access manager" etc etc.. Slip it into the pc and it should autorun, then click on the "install usb driver"

Edited by Turborepu

Guest key5000
go to phone settings, and make the gps setting have location on, not 911 only. then soft reset..

Would you please give me little bit more step by step detail on how to make that setting? (Sorry, I'm an old man and little slow on follow up)

Thanks

KEY

Guest nutty123
The files should be on the verizon disk shipped with your phone, mine was in a red sleeve, and says "vz access manager" etc etc.. Slip it into the pc and it should autorun, then click on the "install usb driver"

Thanks for the response. I thought the USB driver was different than the "Samsung CDMA Modem driver" They are the same?

Also, reading through this thread, I had 2 other questions...

1) When/where does this come into play?

(your number)@vzw3g.com

p/w = vzw

domain = blank

2) I've read a few comments about making sure activesync isn't running in the task manager. Is that the phone task manager? Or PC? Or both? Not sure how you can make the active sync change on the PC without it showing up in the task manager.

Guest Echew
I edited my post.. you have to soft reset after tweaking that option, you will get a disclaimer.. I am not sure if this is working agps or regular gps but i am about to try Igo8 and I will fiddle around with it with the phone off..

I haven't gone back and re-read this thread since i last posted, but GPS works with the new build... These are my findings...

1). Flash the ROM using the instructions here... http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-for-omnia-i910

2). During the flash option, make sure you have both the Phone Bootloader and the one next to it checked. This replaces the radio drivers (required).

3). Install WLS (wls.live.com)

4). Call Verizon and get your phone re-authenticaed - Or better yet swap ESNs with another device for an hour or so then switch back. Be carefull to swap ESNs to another device otherwise this could mess up your data plan.

5). Enable the Location option under Start > Settings > Phone > Services Tab> GPS

6). Soft Reset phone

7). Launch WLS and click Map then Track Me Using GPS

After a short time, it will place you in the ocean, then shortly after that, your actual location. It takes a minute or so to get it going, but once its working you should be good to go.

Guest szinski

Yes, after I enabled "Location On" under the Phone settings I performed a warm-reboot. Phone came back up and I saw the disclaimer pop-up about third-party apps being able to access the GPS information. BUT... still no satellites showing up in Garmin Mobile XT (and Google Maps) :-(

** UPDATE **

Took my phone outside and waited patiently... apparently it just needed a clear view of the sky to get the initial fix! I'm now back inside the house (at my original location) and have a lock on 6 satellites!

Edited by szinski

Guest snrsuave

I have flashed my phone using the PDF instructions and everything went smoothly with no problems. I have been UNABLE to get the gps working though. I have location set to "ON" in the phone settings and have reset my phone numerous times. Google maps will not find my location. Neither will Live maps. I got the disclaimer about third party apps being able to locate me after my first reset. I have tried setting "Managed by windows" and "COM8 57600" settings in Google maps. When I set "Managed by Windows", it saysw seekign satellites, but never gets a lock. When set to COM8, it tries to find the hardware but then gives me an error that GPS hardware was not found. How are you guys getting it to work. Do I have to have VZNav installed?

key5000: The "Location On" setting can be found at: Start>Settings>Phone>"Services" tab>GPS>"Change Setting"

Guest Turborepu

Make sure you click on GPS on in goole maps, im tethered to the omnia right now and it has 5 sat fixes..

for the "old Man" respectfully,

hit start button, then settings, tap phone(personal tab), click on the services tab at the bottom, Highlight GPS and tap the change setting button, click the location on setting instead of the 911 only.. Soft reset, and that should be it.. You will get a warning at startup, which you can check to not have show up again..

Guest snrsuave
I haven't gone back and re-read this thread since i last posted, but GPS works with the new build... These are my findings...

1). Flash the ROM using the instructions here... http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-for-omnia-i910

2). During the flash option, make sure you have both the Phone Bootloader and the one next to it checked. This replaces the radio drivers (required).

3). Install WLS (wls.live.com)

4). Call Verizon and get your phone re-authenticaed - Or better yet swap ESNs with another device for an hour or so then switch back. Be carefull to swap ESNs to another device otherwise this could mess up your data plan.

5). Enable the Location option under Start > Settings > Phone > Services Tab> GPS

6). Soft Reset phone

7). Launch WLS and click Map then Track Me Using GPS

After a short time, it will place you in the ocean, then shortly after that, your actual location. It takes a minute or so to get it going, but once its working you should be good to go.

So you need to have the options "Phone Bootloader" and the other one checked to get GPS to unlock? When I flashed my phone, the consensus was that those two settings should NOT be checked. Is this why my GPS is not working? For those that have GPS working, did you check those two options when flashing?

Guest pantsman
i dont see it here how old is that release! i have all omnia firmware downloaded

BELL IS CB18

TELUS IS CB18

VZW CB26B,CC20,CB06

THAT'S ALL I HAVE ALL THAT WAS ON THE SERVER FOR DOWNLOAD. I MAY HAVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE CUSS I HAVE SO MANY FILES SCATTERED AROUND MAN. ALL SAMSUNG FILES I HAVE ARENT ORGANISED LOL

Sorry, I was mistaken. It should be BJ28. It's the stock i910 ROM version that is on my phone now before flashing. Anyhow, if you don't have it you don't have it. Thanks for looking.