UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest Adrynalyne
Lol.. i was just making a statement... dont take personally.. I just didnt want anyone to think I clamined that aGPS is working in anyway.. something is working..LOL finally..

Assuming Lattitude is running all the time, and is keeping gps active--any detriment to battery life?

Guest ChrisColumbus
Assuming Lattitude is running all the time, and is keeping gps active--any detriment to battery life?

its weird because lattitude was not running... when i exit out of google maps and say "yes" to save location.. I checked task manager and google maps was not running at all.. so no battery drain because program was not running.. work at 12pm this afternoon.. playing all day with phone now 1217am and still have 40% batt life 

Guest ChrisColumbus

its weird because lattitude was not running... when i exit out of google maps and say "yes" to save location.. I checked task manager and google maps was not running at all.. so no battery drain because program was not running.. work at 12pm this afternoon.. playing all day with phone now 1217am and still have 40% batt life 

Guest ChrisColumbus

Guest ChrisColumbus

Guest ChrisColumbus

Guest ChrisColumbus

Guest ChrisColumbus

Guest Chris Kloiber
When you open Google maps I want you to ZOOM in to your approx location...

AS SOON AS I ZOOM IN TO MY APPROX LOCATION IT LOCKS WITHIN 3 seconds.. no more waiting 10 mins for a lock

Makes sense. Even some Garmin GPS units on initial power-up (or if you take it on a plane ride in your luggage) ask what state you're in IIRC.

Guest key5000

Does anyone know how to put the GPS program icon such as Garmin, Tomtom or iGo on the desktop (samsung today)?

How to set the default keyboard for "key board" instead of "XT9 keyboard"?

Please help.

Guest necosino

The radio chip is connected to the GPS chip in some way. Turning off the Phone in the settings turns off the GPS as well. They are not independent of each other in that respect, so it's not that the GPS is using the cell radio, just that by turning off the cell radio, you are turning off the GPS power as well. (I think I've said this 3 or 4 times now...)

Guest Itlooksfast

I used Microsoft Live Search...and after flashing my phone, I got a satellite lock on my phone and this morning when I was driving to work, I opened up MLS and hit TRACK ME USING GPS. It took about a minute for it to lock me and track on the highway. It was pretty accurate and on time. But when I got to work I opened up MLS again and tried to TRACK ME USING GPS and nothing. I had signals and everything but nothing was locking. I thought once the GPS lock on your phone...thats it.

Also, in MLS whats the different between LOCATE ME and TRACKING ME USING GPS? Cuz everytime I click on LOCATE ME..it keeps telling me "Sorry, we could not automatically detect your current location..." Last night and this morning, I used TRACKING ME USING GPS and i got it to work. So whats the different? If it can track me using GPS cant it find my current location?

Guest theidoctor.org
The radio chip is connected to the GPS chip in some way. Turning off the Phone in the settings turns off the GPS as well. They are not independent of each other in that respect, so it's not that the GPS is using the cell radio, just that by turning off the cell radio, you are turning off the GPS power as well. (I think I've said this 3 or 4 times now...)

thats pretty good news... i wonder how hard it is for someone to hack it and make it so the gps stays one when the radio is off

Guest krelvinaz
thats pretty good news... i wonder how hard it is for someone to hack it and make it so the gps stays one when the radio is off

I believe they are on the same chip.

Guest theidoctor.org
I believe they are on the same chip.

they are... but i was just saying, turn 1 part of the chip off, but still be able to use another part... example.

The Wifi is also on the same chip as bluetooth and gps (I THINK), but you can turn off the wifi and BT and still use other things....

we just have to find a way to do that with GPS.

the whole point of this is so you can use gps without having cellular service. You can still use wifi without cellular service... same concept

Guest blazingwolf
they are... but i was just saying, turn 1 part of the chip off, but still be able to use another part... example.

The Wifi is also on the same chip as bluetooth and gps (I THINK), but you can turn off the wifi and BT and still use other things....

we just have to find a way to do that with GPS.

the whole point of this is so you can use gps without having cellular service. You can still use wifi without cellular service... same concept

Why are you worried about that? If the phone service drops in an area the GPS will still work so why would you want to shut it off?

Guest necosino

So that your gf/wife can't call you while you're using your Omnia's GPS to navigate you to your new "friend" 's place?

Found my first place where I lost GPS signal :excl: Temporarily while driving, went into a valley-town, and lost service, but iGO8 kept navigating me even without GPS! Then after abotu 10 seconds (after I came out of the valley) I get GPS signal again :excl:

Edited by necosino

Guest ChrisColumbus

Here is a GPS toggle that works from your today screen.. It will not work from a Samsung Widget today screen but it actually toggles your GPS on or off even without WLS or Google running.. so you can really have all the time GPS on ( a little battery drain though).. I did toggle the GPS on and then turn the phone off (flight mode) and I lost GPS... I like it cause I can turn my GPS on and leave it.. especially when im in the car so dont have to do a cold or warm start with google maps or WLS..  Hopefully soon we can rearrange the samsung widget screen... anyone know how this toggle is working???? can anyone look at it and tell.. I use the Iphone skin and WAD so would LOVE to be able to add a button on my phone so I can toggle it off and on without having to close WAD and then toggleing on/off then reopen WAD.. 

Add it on your today screen from settings-today-items and your good to go after install.. I also toggled my gps on and then download dude wheres my car from the same place and it works... 

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-gps-toggle.html

When i used this and got lock then opened google maps I also had 8 and even 9!! satellites locked.. which is the first time it has ever had that many.. i could find myself within 10 meters..lol

Edited by ChrisColumbus

Guest aamon17

BATTERY METER ISSUES

I've successfully flashed my phone, with working GPS (Google, Garmin XT, & iGO8). Thanks!

My problem is with the battery readings. I've installed Batti & SPB Mobile. And neither show the same readings as the system battery -- They actually show about 20% HIGHER than the system battery.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Is there a registry setting I can use to modify it?

Any thoughts??? Thanks to advanced!

Guest ChrisColumbus

MY STORAGE.. not my storage card!!

Why is it showing that I am using almost 3GB of space on my stoarge?? i have went threw and looked all throughout and I cannot find anything..  im using 2985.26mb and I dont know why?? anybody??

I have no pictures, no music just a few folders on there that I have went threw.. and I cannot find anything

EDIT I dont know what it was.. i just formatted my storage and its now at 2.31MB and my phone is quicker and doesnt hang.. dont really know what was on there.. but o well guess ill find out if something stops working..lol

Edited by ChrisColumbus

Guest DeepBlueEditor

If that was for me, I know all that. In fact in my earlier posts about the chip(set), I believe they are actually in the chip itself.

S

Guest necosino
If that was for me, I know all that. In fact in my earlier posts about the chip(set), I believe they are actually in the chip itself.

S

It was more to everyone saying "hey, I turned off phone and lost GPS, so it must be aGPS!!!!" :excl: