UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest theidoctor.org
yes I did. The rom is still Bj28 but the media hex sarts with A100000 instead of A0000001 and the build is 20276.1.3.3

I have a dice game, gps settings icon for the external and the speed is hella fast from my other phone.

I also noticed that when I load programs off of the sd they don't crash on a reboot.

My GPS sometimes grabs a max of 2 sats just befor it stops trying. My GPS test also shows two.

What I am thinking is that vw is relaxing the encryption on the agps side or something. This topic is out of my knowledge.

I have tried to disconnect the phone radio and the gps no longer is recognized.

I use my phone for business and can not afford to brick another.

I would really like to flash it again but I think the corporate store will do the flashing next time. J

after all the omnia isn’t one of those $100 jobers.

I am willing to try the new radio files extracted from the new rom in question when I have time.

The files on my new phone are different sizes then the old one and the new rom…go figure?

I have not given up.

Very nice!!! so it should be coming out soon!

Guest wingnut_2u

My turn to go off topic…

Dose anybody know how to initiate a firmware boot loader screen without using software?

what I want to do is try to load the image fro the eternal SD card.

I am not talking about a hard reset or hooking phone to usb and computer.

There must be a key combination that can be used or something other than one of those million dollar flash boxes.

I would like to restore my “lost” i910 instead of using it as a $500 battery charger.

The “brick” currently has only a red power light and it never goes into the eboot loader.

Just sits there. Charges batteries fine but there is o status indicating that it is doing so.

Any help would be great.

Edited by wingnut_2u

Guest aleis
My turn to go off topic…

Dose anybody know how to initiate a firmware boot loader screen without using software?

what I want to do is try to load the image fro the eternal SD card.

I am not talking about a hard reset or hooking phone to usb and computer.

There must be a key combination that can be used or something other than one of those million dollar flash boxes.

I would like to restore my “lost” i910 instead of using it as a $500 battery charger.

The “brick” currently has only a red power light and it never goes into the eboot loader.

Just sits there. Charges batteries fine but there is o status indicating that it is doing so.

Any help would be great.

with my xv6800 it was soft reset, phone and end at the same time.

good luck!

Guest necosino

Once a phone has bricked, you really can't do much without the correct hardware to write directly to the chip. There are people out there that will do it for like $45 + S&H, you just have to seek them out.

Guest aleis

BETTER THAN BAFS GPS!!!

use gpstoday!

works in my house!

baf didnt.

its a very complex app so, its a winmo prefered app (you geeks!)

:excl:

Guest necosino
BETTER THAN BAFS GPS!!!

use gpstoday!

works in my house!

baf didnt.

its a very complex app so, its a winmo prefered app (you geeks!)

:excl:

I really don't think it matters what app you use, since its the GPS chip that does the seeking/locking. The software just turns it on/off and reads its status.. You nerd.. :excl:

Guest aleis
I really don't think it matters what app you use, since its the GPS chip that does the seeking/locking. The software just turns it on/off and reads its status.. You nerd.. :excl:

ok i`ll take that :excl:

but i was using baf for a while...gpstoday seem significantly better! :excl:

Guest paradizelost

I have followed the instructions and performed the update. the firmware definitely works, however when trying to use GPS in Live Search it still puts me in the middle of the atlantic. But with Google Maps, it is spot on. Good enough for me, as i reallly only needed GM.

One thing of note, as i haven't seen anyone with the directions that worked - Leave gps set as Windows Managed for it to work in Google Maps. Changing the setting just caused other problems.

Edited by paradizelost

Guest ardvarkofdoom
I have followed the instructions and performed the update. the firmware definitely works, however when trying to use GPS in Live Search it still puts me in the middle of the atlantic. But with Google Maps, it is spot on. Good enough for me, as i reallly only needed GM.

One thing of note, as i haven't seen anyone with the directions that worked - Leave gps set as Windows Managed for it to work in Google Maps. Changing the setting just caused other problems.

Haven't seen anyone with directions that works? There are plenty of posts out there... Are you referring to the directions to set COM8 and baud 57600? There was someone either in this thread or the thread that spawned from the leaked ROM with someone saying that Managed by windows works better... It's just one of those things that one way works for some, one way works for others

Guest Tim-H

You are using the "Locate Me" function with Live Search. You need to use the "Track Me Using GPS" function. The "Locate Me" function uses your IP address and/or tower triangulation and doesn't work with our Verizon phones.

Guest necosino
wat's up everyone? i'm back haven't been in here in a while

Enjoying our GPS unlocked, thanks to you. We have even made a few of our own custom ROM's now. We're all anxiously awaiting the May 11th release to see if it really does offer "Improved GPS Functionality."

How have you been?

Guest rckymtnrfc

See what you miss when the thread is 110 pages long.....can anyone post a link to the directions/ROM? I looked back through the pages and didn't seem to find it. I'd love to finally get my GPS working.

TIA

Guest theidoctor.org
See what you miss when the thread is 110 pages long.....can anyone post a link to the directions/ROM? I looked back through the pages and didn't seem to find it. I'd love to finally get my GPS working.

TIA

http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

At least 200 pages in this forum have a link to the unlock tutorials, including the first post on top of this page.... read the signature :D

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest bga7x

TIA

Here you Go!

*Edit Aw Idoc you beat me to it!!! rcymtnrfc use the idoctor website very helpful!

Edited by bga7x

Guest Yelofnitsuj

When I was following the instructions on that idoctor site, my monitors would shut off as if my video card was disconnected, but the computer wouldn't shut down. It did it twice in a row. The way I got around it was by plugging the phone in BEFORE hitting the Detect button. For some reason, hitting detect before plugging my phone in caused my computer to s*** itself. Just in case anyone else has the same problem, try switching steps 5 and 6 in the instructions.

http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

Guest theidoctor.org
When I was following the instructions on that idoctor site, my monitors would shut off as if my video card was disconnected, but the computer wouldn't shut down. It did it twice in a row. The way I got around it was by plugging the phone in BEFORE hitting the Detect button. For some reason, hitting detect before plugging my phone in caused my computer to s*** itself. Just in case anyone else has the same problem, try switching steps 5 and 6 in the instructions.

http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

thanks for the heads up!

Guest dutchtom

I've tried this quite simple method and once I restart my phone for flashing about 5 errors come up on my computer screen and the UMDL never starts the flashing process. I found out that once I restart the phone the data connection setting defaults back to "internal data call" instead of "as modem through usb". I think this is the problem but I set it to modem before I restart and it goes back to the default setting right upon phone reboot. Anyone know how to get around this?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found that I needed to go into USB Connections and change to sync with Mass Storage, it worked perfectly :D

Edited by dutchtom

Guest theidoctor.org
I've tried this quite simple method and once I restart my phone for flashing about 5 errors come up on my computer screen and the UMDL never starts the flashing process. I found out that once I restart the phone the data connection setting defaults back to "internal data call" instead of "as modem through usb". I think this is the problem but I set it to modem before I restart and it goes back to the default setting right upon phone reboot. Anyone know how to get around this?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found that I needed to go into USB Connections and change to sync with Mass Storage, it worked perfectly :D

glad its working!

Guest Yelofnitsuj

I'm having a couple of odd issues with the new ROM and I'm not really sure to whom I should address them, so I'm going to put them here.

When typing in either the XT9 Phonepad or the XT9 Keypad, I is not automatically chosen and it's really annoying. I don't know if there's a setting I can change to fix it, but it makes it hard to type. In the Phonepad, pressing the GHI key followed by a space leaves a single g rather than automatically making it an I like it used to, and in the Keypad it's a u instead of the I. I tried to edit the XT9 Settings to automatically switch a G to an I but it won't let me create a 1-letter Auto Substitution.

Also, the Add Word option doesn't work. While typing, if I choose Add Word, a little window appears for me to enter the new word, but closes instantly and I'm not given the chance to add a new word to the dictionary.

These are just minor inconveniences, the inability to type an I normally is frustrating, but being able to use my gps more than makes up for it. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a known solution that doesn't require me to reflash the phone and lose all my settings again?

Guest bmn4711

Has anyone installed Manilla2D with this ROM? If so, does everything work okay?

I really want GPS, but only if I can have the TouchFlow interface, because I've fallen in love with it.