ActiveSync always becoming active

Guest Loftup

So the new Touch HD is good but I've noticed that ActiveSync seems to keep opening even when I'm not connecting to a PC.

It's usually there as an active app on task manager.

I close it and it stays closed for a bit, then next time I check task manager it's open again.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it is annoying not knowing why it is happening.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Guest FlangeArtist
So the new Touch HD is good but I've noticed that ActiveSync seems to keep opening even when I'm not connecting to a PC.

It's usually there as an active app on task manager.

I close it and it stays closed for a bit, then next time I check task manager it's open again.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it is annoying not knowing why it is happening.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

That'll be because in Active Sync you either have it set to "As Mail Arrives" or on a schedule. If you set to manual for both peek and off peek it should not start.

That'll be because in Active Sync you either have it set to "As Mail Arrives" or on a schedule. If you set to manual for both peek and off peek it should not start.

Many thanks FlangeArtist, but where do I find these settings ? When I open ActiveSync and then its menu, I can't find such settings under "options" and "schedule" is greyed out ie cannot select it.

Thanks Again,

Loftup

Guest billybear
Many thanks FlangeArtist, but where do I find these settings ? When I open ActiveSync and then its menu, I can't find such settings under "options" and "schedule" is greyed out ie cannot select it.

Mine too!

The Diamond has the same 'Bug' so maybe its a WinMo 6 issue?

Guest dr_nick

Thanks Again,

Loftup

same for me

Guest FlangeArtist
Mine too!

The Diamond has the same 'Bug' so maybe its a WinMo 6 issue?

If the options are 'grayed out' then either you have not got a partnership set-up, or Active Sync is currently running. Try killing the Active-sync process first.

Guest dr_nick
either you have not got a partnership set-up, or Active Sync is currently running.

nope and nope. B) any more suggestions? (i am sure this is eating my memory/batetry)

Guest FlangeArtist

Someone XDA Developers wrote a tiny little utility called ActiveSync Killer that does exactly what it’s name says. It kills the ActiveSync application-process running in background when idle. It will apparently run on any Windows Mobile Professional device.

have you tried creating a fake server in active sync (put in any details you like) - you then can access the settings for updates, worked for me on my raphael and seems to have done the job on my HD too.

Guest dr_nick

don't think any of the above suggestions worked for me. but there is an option within the advanced settings of phonealarm that seems to have done the trick...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dr_nick

I still have this problem.

i have installed elias activesync killer from earlier link. and i cannot find the setting i mentioned before (^)

anyone have any other ideas?

Guest auddie
I still have this problem.

i have installed elias activesync killer from earlier link. and i cannot find the setting i mentioned before (^)

anyone have any other ideas?

I use a combination of activesync killer and this hack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ght=active+sync works great for me - one suggestion, leave the added server instead of deleting; it doesn't affect syncing at the appropriate times.

• 2 weeks later...