RotationService - Version 1.7.4

Guest qbus

Thanks mate for the app keep it up :rolleyes:.

Im having M2D in portait and Samsung Widgets in Landscape! :) But sometimes the Autorotation is not working and becomes disabled in settings.

Any ideas? I guess must be smth in the Registry for AutoRotation can we include it in whitelist?

Guest mhmtmtl

is it not possible to release sources manually? i do not know whether the garbage collector can be called manually in mortscript. in .net, i used to call it by GC.Collect() command (C#). this way, memory usage can be controlled, i suppose.

is it not possible to release sources manually? i do not know whether the garbage collector can be called manually in mortscript. in .net, i used to call it by GC.Collect() command (C#). this way, memory usage can be controlled, i suppose.

Yes and not.

Of course you can call GC.Collect() method to invoke garbage collector BUT - this is not a strict order, it is only an advice.

There is no need to control memory by developer - if only there will be shortage of system memory the .NET will invoke garbage collector.

Garbage collection is not as simple as it looks - there are 3 types of it which depends on current system state.

If you have more free memory then actually it is needed why to collect it and always spend some time on this? It is better to wait for a proper moment.

This is common misunderstanding of how memory should be managed in .NET.

I use FxCop and only if I try to add GC.Collect() to code I get big warning that it is not advised.

Read this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/ricom/archive/2003/12/02/40780.aspx for more info :rolleyes:.

Thanks mate for the app keep it up :rolleyes: .

Im having M2D in portait and Samsung Widgets in Landscape! :) But sometimes the Autorotation is not working and becomes disabled in settings.

Any ideas? I guess must be smth in the Registry for AutoRotation can we include it in whitelist?

Tha application uses Applicationchanged event to check if it should enable/disable auto rotation.

Also it caches the current auto rotation state in order not to read registry all the time. Maybe this is the issue - when something outside RotationService changes the auto rotation

the application can start to work incorrectly...

I'll try to look into it more deeply soon :(.

Guest -Vulture-

Dont know if this has been reported yet: When theres an app which rotates the screen to landscape, f.e. Vito SMSChat, and you quit this application in landscape mode, the screen doesnt rotate back to portrait. Is this a bug or by design?

Edited by -Vulture-

Dont know if this has been reported yet: When theres an app which rotates the screen to landscape, f.e. Vito SMSChat, and you quit this application in landscape mode, the screen doesnt rotate back to portrait. Is this a bug or by design?

By design - the application remember your Today screen position. When you change orientation on other applications the RS will return to orientation that was on Today screen when you close other apps.

Guest -Vulture-
By design - the application remember your Today screen position. When you change orientation on other applications the RS will return to orientation that was on Today screen when you close other apps.

Ah, ok. I dont use my homescreen, just spb mobile shell and the spbwatcher.dll. This dll catches all requests to open the today screen and redirects it to mobile shell. Thats why it doesnt work on my omnia.

Would it be much work to adapt your programm to remember the screen position/rotation of a specific exe file? Maybe configurable in the config.xml? On the other side...i could live with the way it is now. Really nice app!

Ah, ok. I dont use my homescreen, just spb mobile shell and the spbwatcher.dll. This dll catches all requests to open the today screen and redirects it to mobile shell. Thats why it doesnt work on my omnia.

Would it be much work to adapt your programm to remember the screen position/rotation of a specific exe file? Maybe configurable in the config.xml? On the other side...i could live with the way it is now. Really nice app!

Yes, this is possible :rolleyes: I'll keep that on my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tacklebye

Thanks to the great piece of work! It practically resolves some of the use cases which requires manual disable of auto-rotation (e.g. using s2v, playing omnia teeter)

To me, it would be more ideal if there is option (or arguments) to the program which enables to launch of the service without clicking the "start" button.

Thanks to the great piece of work! It practically resolves some of the use cases which requires manual disable of auto-rotation (e.g. using s2v, playing omnia teeter)

To me, it would be more ideal if there is option (or arguments) to the program which enables to launch of the service without clicking the "start" button.

Installator should put link in \Windows\StartUp folder to the service.

If not just do it by yourself :rolleyes:.

Thanks a lot for this applis which works really great, especially with Manila ! It's perfect !!

If you need ideas for features to add, I have one : the possibility to launch an application when switching to landscape, depending on foreground application. And if you can detect the active tab in Manila, it should be great to lauch different applications depending on active tab.

It is only ideas, I already love your appli :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for this applis which works really great, especially with Manila ! It's perfect !!

If you need ideas for features to add, I have one : the possibility to launch an application when switching to landscape, depending on foreground application. And if you can detect the active tab in Manila, it should be great to lauch different applications depending on active tab.

It is only ideas, I already love your appli :rolleyes:

I need to stabilize my phone for the first - for last week I've flashed it about 10 times :( so no time to develop :).

Guest siwy2411

Hi I need exe name for standard WM SMS program... The way u wrote in first post i can't find it... I start this prog, then Task Manager u wrote and SMS program shouts down... Any1 can help?

Hi I need exe name for standard WM SMS program... The way u wrote in first post i can't find it... I start this prog, then Task Manager u wrote and SMS program shouts down... Any1 can help?

I believe it's poutlook.exe

Guest Lyncexx

tmail.exe

Hey Qbus... Maybe it's possible to add this to your service (maybe... please? :rolleyes: ):

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...on/#entry953365

i'M looking for a way to auto-rotate on an event (in this case SIP start) and back whent I close this app/event...

What I can suggest for now is to use SPB Full Screen Keyboard - it does what you want.

I'll have to gather your wishlist for the appliaction and retake the development in a free time :).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buyukbang

@qbus, thank you very much for your great effor on developing this wonderful tool. This program is like a magic. :)

I'm reporting a bug when using with WkTask program. When there is no program to close, pressing x/ok button of WkTask (upper right corner) or touching empty space of this place (when no program is running, most probably there will just be an empty space, not x/ok button) rotation service craches (with usually 1/3 of trials ). This happens very often. Below log is printed on the screen:

RotationService.exe

NullReferenceException

- QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.AutoRotationControl(ProcessEntr

entry)

- QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.ApplicationchangedWrapped()

- QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.RotationManager.Applicationchanged(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

- Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState.RegistryState_ChangeOccured(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

- Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.RegistryState.notificationWindow_Changed(Object sender, ChangeEventArgs args)

- Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.NotificationWindow.WndProc(Message& msg)

- Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.MessageWindow._WndProc(Message& msg)

- OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.NativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& lpMsg)

- OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Pump()

- OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.RunMessageLoop(Boolean showForm)

- OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Application2.Run(Boolean runAsSingletonApp)

- QbusPl.WindowsCe.RotationService.Program.Main()

My config.xml is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!-- All names are CASE-SENSITIVE -->

<!-- Today plugins to enable in portrait mode

NOTE: The name must be the same as the name HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items registry's key -->

TouchFLO

<!-- Today plugins to enable in landscape mode

NOTE: The name must be the same as the name HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items registry's key -->

"Wireless"

<!-- List of processes to kill when changing from portrait to landscape mode (the same can be used in portrait section -->

Manila2D.exe

HTC_HPrf.exe

<!-- Processes which have auto rotation feature disabled -->

Manila2D.exe

shell32.exe

Camera.exe

TouchLaunch.exe

NEW VERSION WITH NEW FEATURE

Please check the first post

Edited by buyukbang