RotationService - Version 1.7.4

Guest qbus

When I have onlinewidgets activated, I open the rotation service, select 'start'. Programs hangs. I have to soft reset. When it reboots, onlinewidgets are turned off.

If I open rotationservice and click start when no today items are selected everything appear fine until I rotate the phone on an empty today screen. At that time I get the error message I posted earlier.

So there is 2 different situations here that may or may not be related.

Thanks,

Jeannette

To bump this one I'll answer in new post - which ROM are you using?

To bump this one I'll answer in new post - which ROM are you using?

OK - I'm on the latest Taril's ROM now and have SamsungOnlineWidet enabled with RotationService 1.2.2 installed and using your config.

Have no problems at all...

EDIT: Tried to hang the application using many strange configs but without a success. You are probably using an old version...

Edited by qbus

Guest Jeanne8fr
OK - I'm on the latest Taril's ROM now and have SamsungOnlineWidet enabled with RotationService 1.2.2 installed and using your config.

Have no problems at all...

EDIT: Tried to hang the application using many strange configs but without a success. You are probably using an old version...

Oh boy this is weird.

I downloaded the latest CAB from post 1. I turned off all the today plugins. I install the RotationService and it works fine.

When I rotate the phone on a blank today, it take a long time to rotate and displays the word "Please wait..." whilst it rotates.

If I have a plugin on my today screen. (any plugin) it gets turned off by the rotation so that I have a blank today screen after rotating.

If I have any screen other than the today screen on everything is fine. It rotates fine and fast.

I should add that I have SPB Shell installed on this machine too.

Also maybe very important: I DO NOT have the latest Taril ROM. I am on the 3.12.08. I will upgrade to the latest (Final) soon and report back.

[EDIT]

If I add the "SamsungOnlineWidget" to the "Today plugins to enable" for both portrait and landscape then they are still there after rotating but it takes for ever to rotate and displays "Please Wait..." during the rotation.

[EDIT2]

If I add any plugin to the Today screen they are still there after rotating as long as they are in the config file. If they are not, they get turned off.

Rotating is very slow and displays the "Please Wait..." message even if there are no plugins on the Today screen.

Rotating is fine on any other screen. Just doesn't play nice with the Today screen.

Maybe it's the ROM. I will stop playing with this now and wait till I put on the latest ROM. Unless you want me to try something.

Jeannette

Edited by Jeanne8fr

[EDIT2]

If I add any plugin to the Today screen they are still there after rotating as long as they are in the config file. If they are not, they get turned off.

Rotating is very slow and displays the "Please Wait..." message even if there are no plugins on the Today screen.

Rotating is fine on any other screen. Just doesn't play nice with the Today screen.

Maybe it's the ROM. I will stop playing with this now and wait till I put on the latest ROM. Unless you want me to try something.

In newest version if plugins sections are missing the application does enable/disable any today pugins.

As I wrote before - I had flashed my Omnia using Taril's ROM and do the following:

- enabled SamsungOnlineWidgets

- pasted your config for RotationService

- checked (everything was working)

- added other today plugins in landscape positions then in portrait (OnlineWidgets vs Wireless)

- added some EXEcs to kill

- added some fixed angle applications

- try to rotate the screen using accelerometer and manually

and some other things I don't remember now.

Everything was working without any problem.

Are you really using 1.2.2 version?

Hi!

I'd like to include a GUI configurator for RotationService in the next version of FavHack. Is it possible to restart the service with a command / by sending a message to your app?

In newest version if plugins sections are missing the application does enable/disable any today pugins.

As I wrote before - I had flashed my Omnia using Taril's ROM and do the following:

- enabled SamsungOnlineWidgets

- pasted your config for RotationService

- checked (everything was working)

- added other today plugins in landscape positions then in portrait (OnlineWidgets vs Wireless)

- added some EXEcs to kill

- added some fixed angle applications

- try to rotate the screen using accelerometer and manually

and some other things I don't remember now.

Everything was working without any problem.

Are you really using 1.2.2 version?

Quoting myself but I know what is your real problem.

The version of Samsung Widgets you have hangs Omnia when disabling them (that's what is RotationService doing). This is not RotationService's fault :).

Guest Jeanne8fr
Quoting myself but I know what is your real problem.

The version of Samsung Widgets you have hangs Omnia when disabling them (that's what is RotationService doing). This is not RotationService's fault :).

I was thinking that it was something in the ROM causing it. I have Taril's Final HL3 ROM that I downloaded just before he disapeared. I am thinking of installing that. Do you know if there is a problem with the FINAL Taril rom?

I could also install your clean ROM. I kind of like using the widgets thought and you say that they won't work with yours because of flashlite 3.1 so I have to think about it. On the other hand a clean ROM is good and I have SPB shell that I can put on.

Anyway, I am sure your program will work fine with either of these.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Edited by Jeanne8fr

I was thinking that it was something in the ROM causing it. I have Taril's Final HL3 ROM that I downloaded just before he disapeared. I am thinking of installing that. Do you know if there is a problem with the FINAL Taril rom?

I could also install your clean ROM. I kind of like using the widgets thought and you say that they won't work with yours because of flashlite 3.1 so I have to think about it. On the other hand a clean ROM is good and I have SPB shell that I can put on.

Anyway, I am sure your program will work fine with either of these.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Another check and....

Freezing when rotating is Online Widgets fault. But in general RotationService is incompatible with Samsung Online Widgets (which is changing screen orientation by itself) and I don't have any idea how to fix it now....

Guest dwallersv

@qbus: Enhancement request -- could you add the more general "portrait" and "landscape" value options for the angle parameter in the fixed rotation capability? The idea is that rotation between the two portrait, or two landscape orientations would be allowed.

That way a portrait-only app, like Manila2D, would allow for 180 change in orientation of the Omnia, and still rotate the display to keep it upright, rather than upside down, yet still reject the disfunctional 90 degree rotations.

Guest Daugvolf

May I suggest a feature? Perhaps the ability to enable/disable the current default SIP based on orientation.

So like the Samsung Keyboard in landscape and the Samsung Keypad in portrait.

Guest mckenph

phoneAlarm does not seem to stay on when put in the configuration file. phoneAlarm apparently runs inside the shell script and because it actually is not running as a process there is no way to keep it running. Anyone find a solution for this,

Guest mashimus

Hi,

I was wondering if RotationService can auto launch Processes? I want to auto-launch iFonz when it's rotated to landscape, but it's not a today plugin.

Thanks

Guest Darius_

Hi, I just want this to blacklist a certain app (scummvm) and that does work, however I still get the 'please wait' screen when rotating to landscape mode when showing the today screen (although not when rotating to portait for some reason). My config.xml file is very simple, ie..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<RotationService>

<DisableAutoRotationProcesses>
<Process>ScummVM.exe</Process>
</DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

</RotationService>
[/codebox]

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Edited by Darius_

Guest bobdoll

It works, but not with my GPS software ? Any idea what is wrong ?

<EnableAutoRotationProcesses>

<Process>Opera9.exe</Process>

<Process>GoogleMaps.exe</Process>

<Process>TaskMgr.exe</Process>

<Process>FoxitReader.exe</Process>

<Process>mobilegadu.exe</Process>

<Process>regedit.exe</Process>

<Process>Talk.exe</Process>

<Process>cecmd.exe</Process>

<Process>Garmin Mobile XT.exe</Process>

<Process>TomTom Navigator.exe</Process>

</EnableAutoRotationProcesses>

My "All Today"& "widgets" on the frontpage are gone or blank! When i installed RotationService. What to do to get it back? :P

lol you must turn them on :D in start -> settings -> today -> today items :( or configure them in config.xml from rotationService B) Pleas read how to configure this program in first post

It works, but not with my GPS software ? Any idea what is wrong ?

<EnableAutoRotationProcesses>

<Process>Opera9.exe</Process>

<Process>GoogleMaps.exe</Process>

<Process>TaskMgr.exe</Process>

<Process>FoxitReader.exe</Process>

<Process>mobilegadu.exe</Process>

<Process>regedit.exe</Process>

<Process>Talk.exe</Process>

<Process>cecmd.exe</Process>

<Process>Garmin Mobile XT.exe</Process>

<Process>TomTom Navigator.exe</Process>

</EnableAutoRotationProcesses>

Do these programs rotate when not using RotationService (and auto rotation function in Omnia is on)?

Hi, I just want this to blacklist a certain app (scummvm) and that does work, however I still get the 'please wait' screen when rotating to landscape mode when showing the today screen (although not when rotating to portait for some reason). My config.xml file is very simple, ie..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<RotationService>

<DisableAutoRotationProcesses>
<Process>ScummVM.exe</Process>
</DisableAutoRotationProcesses>

</RotationService>
[/codebox]

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Some programs can be uncompatible with the application...

Guest summoner

Excellent software!!

Any possibility of enabling to configure the XML from the "control panel" I find it slow to configure it from the device :(

Some ideas:

Show a list of apps running in memory -> select if to have this program rotation enabled or not.

Thanks!

summoner

Guest Darius_
Some programs can be uncompatible with the application...

ScummVM works OK, it's just that I still get the "please wait" screen when running the today screen even though I don't have any of the today screen related sections in my config file :(

ScummVM works OK, it's just that I still get the "please wait" screen when running the today screen even though I don't have any of the today screen related sections in my config file :(

Ah sorry, I just scanned your last post B).

I'll take that under consideration for future release.

Guest Darius_
Ah sorry, I just scanned your last post :P .

I'll take that under consideration for future release.

OK :(

Also I notice that the today screen doesnt  rotate at all with my config which is unexpected B)

Guest mashimus

Hi QBus,

Thanks for the great software.

However, I couldn't get it to launch a process on rotate (iFonz) or to kill it after rotating back.

Here is my config file... is there something I'm doing wrong...?

Thanks