SCH i910 ROMS wanted!

Guest phantomguy1

Guest phantomguy1

Hey guys and girls... just got my new omnia and Im really wanting a rom that supports flash 3.1 with opera like others did for the i900. Now.... Im not wanting to brick my new phone so I dont know if its ok to flash to the 2d mailla rom. Ive tried everything but nothing works and my other choice was the touch pro..... that phone is a brick on its own out of the box. As I have read, someone is already working on the gps... but we also need roms! And also a way to do this via Vista... I dont have XP.

Guest lobsterclaw
Hey guys and girls... just got my new omnia and Im really wanting a rom that supports flash 3.1 with opera like others did for the i900. Now.... Im not wanting to brick my new phone so I dont know if its ok to flash to the 2d mailla rom. Ive tried everything but nothing works and my other choice was the touch pro..... that phone is a brick on its own out of the box. As I have read, someone is already working on the gps... but we also need roms! And also a way to do this via Vista... I dont have XP.

Don't flash it with any of the I900 roms, you may brick your phone (I did at least). I flashed it from HK2 all the way backwards to H3 just for the hell of it and NONE of them worked. I lost all Verizon service and had to get a replacement.

Guest phantomguy1
Don't flash it with any of the I900 roms, you may brick your phone (I did at least). I flashed it from HK2 all the way backwards to H3 just for the hell of it and NONE of them worked. I lost all Verizon service and had to get a replacement.

Yes because the other roms are based off of GSM service. Not CDMA service... The radio freq is diff and so is the hardware used in the phone. So thats why none of the i900/i908 roms will work. Im assuming they are working on the GPS first then all the other things will come after ie flash lite 3.1. But thank you for being a pioneer and testing that.... that was going to be my next step... because Im that desparate.

Speaking of which.... can someone just take this rom and take out flash 2.1 and repack it with 3.1.... I dont care about anything else(GPS).... I just want flash on the phone.... gps I couldnt care less about right now... Im not going on trips in the near future..

Edited by phantomguy1

Guest angel12

As far as i can tell, the rom kitchen for the i90x from pdaclan should be able to work for the i910, but we would need an exe of the rom, or at least a rom dump from the cdma i910. I should be getting an omnia here pretty soon (within the next 2 weeks) and am willing to start working on the roms for the vzw omnia. the flash 3.1 should be pretty simple, but like i said, we either need a rom dump or an update for the i910 to start working with a custom rom.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angel12

At the moment we have bricked at least 3 phones working on the kitchen, as in, wont even power up. I have decided that we need to wait on flashing a rom until vzw releases their update with the gps fix (they are saying within the first half of 09) and then we can use that as a stable base to upgrade with.