SD cards

Guest muff

hi all

was tinkering with the phone, and attempted an IPSM backup to the SD card

it said saving for ages, and in the end I could move away from that screen even though it never said complete

the problem now is that I cant write to the SD under activesync - how do I 'erase' the SD card again so that is usable as before?

cheers for the help

muff

I haven't backed up to my SD card yet as I still haven't bought one (!) but i would assume you can't write to it as it is full! in your settings via activesync make sure you can view system/hidden files and folders and see what you have on the card. You should then be able to delete what you no longer want. what error do you get when trying to copy stuff to the card?

I you use the card for backing up it automatically formats it to a special filesystem that only Canary can read/write as far as normal use is concerned. So if you wanna backup there is no need to clean up space - it will do that for you.

It most likely did not back up your data coz there was not enough space on the card. Full backup is known to take 64MB (maybe minimum would be 32).

When you insert the card with backup in your phone when it is switched ON and running normally I think it prompts you to format the card.

The End.

I was under the impression that you can backup just the IPSM to an 8mb SD card - I thought this might have been what he tried.

But yes you are right, i have read that 64mb is required for a full backup. I will be ordering a 128mb and 64mb next week so i can backup my entire phone on the 64 before the english update and the 128 for games, music, movies etc...