Need new battery, safe place to buy?

Guest imzjustplayin

Guest imzjustplayin

I need a new battery for my cellphone however I don't want to buy a battery that is a year old due to Li-ion batteries having a limited shelf life. Since I've been advised to find out the manufacturing date before purchasing, where can I purchase a battery for my phone where I know how old the battery is? I'm starting to wonder if I should just buy what ever battery at $10-$20 and then just do it again later on. I'm worried the battery will go bad shortly after I purchase it (6 months?) opposed to 2-3yrs.

I need a new battery for my cellphone however I don't want to buy a battery that is a year old due to Li-ion batteries having a limited shelf life. Since I've been advised to find out the manufacturing date before purchasing, where can I purchase a battery for my phone where I know how old the battery is? I'm starting to wonder if I should just buy what ever battery at $10-$20 and then just do it again later on. I'm worried the battery will go bad shortly after I purchase it (6 months?) opposed to 2-3yrs.

You could always try ebay, its in the sellers intrest to answer any question you have truthfully