First impressions of DXHK2

Guest Core

From DXHJ1 to HK2 screens refresh quite a bit faster, what I mean by this i.e. going through the program screens with each

rotation the icons are displayed instantly even when you go fast.

Opera seems to be faster.

Battery life is too early to say but in HJ1 it was amazing, I had non-smart phones that wasn’t as good

This is the best ROM I’ve had, just hope the battery is as good as HJ1.

Guest bobobird

Best battery in my opinion is THJ9

Earlier was using GPS for about 1 hour and batt went from full to 2 bars...

Recharged yesterday, and moderate use only, so far 4 bars after 1 day. Guess we will need to test a few more days.

GPS is much much better.

Photo quality seems improved, perhaps some photo experts could take a look.

Touch Player plays divx/xvid - could never get it to work previously so had to use coreplayer.

Guest bluey09

Battery life seems to be stable ... was watching prog. on bbc iplayer for last 2 hours and battery still at 80 % i.e i havent charged the battery since 6 am this morning ... Im happy with this ROM B)

Battery life seems to be stable ... was watching prog. on bbc iplayer for last 2 hours and battery still at 80 % i.e i havent charged the battery since 6 am this morning ... Im happy with this ROM B)

bluey09, how did you get the iPlayer to work on your Omnia? I'm using the HJ1 ROM and Opera 9.5 b2520 and the page loads but nothing happens when I click on a program to play!!

Best battery in my opinion is THJ9

Earlier was using GPS for about 1 hour and batt went from full to 2 bars...

Recharged yesterday, and moderate use only, so far 4 bars after 1 day. Guess we will need to test a few more days.

GPS is much much better.

Photo quality seems improved, perhaps some photo experts could take a look.

Touch Player plays divx/xvid - could never get it to work previously so had to use coreplayer.

One of my videos that was playing in touch player is divx, thought it was a standard AVI, this was also playing in earlier ROM’s, so it plays some but shame it doesn’t play all of them.

Tammam

He means the iplayer from the BBC site not the iphone player

Guest bluey09
bluey09, how did you get the iPlayer to work on your Omnia? I'm using the HJ1 ROM and Opera 9.5 b2520 and the page loads but nothing happens when I click on a program to play!!

Hi Tamtam,

Just browse through the following thread .. it will help you setup your Oepra browser .. First try the settings on 1st post and if that doesnt work out ... ive posted HTC setting on page 3 and thats what im using (works for me) .

http://www.modaco.com/content/windows-mobi...-mobile-device/

Goodluck

Guest Indevor
Have switched back to DXHK1 due to that DXHK2 seemed a bit slower and had lower screen sensitivity.

Me too I did the same. The DXHK1 is more stable and my GPS was performing better. The DXHK2 needs a lot of improvements.

Guest Barthlon

i wonder if there really is a big difference between hk1 and hk2, if you look at the .exe files it is exactly (yes, exactly) the same size.

so, as secany explained to me, the differences are probably only a few registry changes and i can't imagine that that makes the difference you all seem to notice.

that said, i myself did not notice any differences between them, both are the best roms at the moment.

Guest bobobird

I am probably going back to J9.

HK2 is a battery sucker.

Fully charged after upgrade and app installs and testing etc.

First day, fully charged, GPS half hour and batt was down to 2 bars.

Gave it another go. Fully charged, minimal use first 24 hours, batt at 4 bars. Today used GPS for only FIVE minutes and batt was down to 2 bars.

Could it be that HK2 is clocking the CPU higher to give the impression that responses are faster and gps fixing quicker etc ? Seems to be the case since the phone runs much hotter then before.

Havent tried K1 but may give that a go later.

Edited by bobobird

Guest Tylwith

Hello,

for me the battery is ok as long iam not using my bluetooth headset. the battery went down very quicky. With the same registry setting the screen seem to have the same sensitivity to me. Faster don't really know.

i have de gwes.exe error randomly. On opera some page didn.t display just a blank screen. And when i have wifi on and switch off the screen, swtich on the screen the phone connect to 3g network.

I get the gwes error during the initial installation of my apps. Once that is done and I clean and optimize my registry it is good to go. I am liking this K2 ROM very much. I only have an issue with 1 beta app I am using but everything else is working smooth. Battery life is a reasonable 2 days with normal usage and the speed and responsiveness is good for all SS apps. Now for someone to cook it B)

• 8 months later...

i would like flash my samsung omnia i900 [player addict]. which is currently on PDA ; I900DXHK2/DZHK2

PHONE ; I900DXHK2

i cant find any official roms for samsung in india. are they available?

or any other english [WWE] rom would work.

and finally what is the easy way to flash a rom[please explain]?

sorry for the noob question :D

thanks

i would like flash my samsung omnia i900 [player addict]. which is currently on PDA ; I900DXHK2/DZHK2

PHONE ; I900DXHK2

i cant find any official roms for samsung in india. are they available?

or any other english [WWE] rom would work.

and finally what is the easy way to flash a rom[please explain]?

sorry for the noob question :D

thanks

there is a new rom for ur omnia,, apparently u have philipines/singapore rom installed on ur omnia. just go to:

www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

select the OS ur pc is, then select singapore or philipines to download the latest official firmware. it should be DXIA5/DZIA5.

then just run the downloaded file and follow the instructions.

btw make sure ur foen is fully charged before flashing.