Enable ICS/no registry editing needed!

Guest matteandhue

Guest matteandhue

FOR THOSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GOOD OLD INTERNET SHARING BUT DON'T WANT TO INSTALL A CAB OR TWEAK THE REGISTRY! THIS IS FOR YOU:

NOTE: It doesn't matter whether your using Windows Mobile 6.1, 6.0, or 5.0. Please app unlock your phone to enable full control of your device.

1. Make sure your phone is app unlocked. I recommend this one:

http://www.gpcarreon.com/SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

2. Follow this:

http://www.mobilejaw.com/articles/2008/09/...n-blackjack-ii/

3. change the ATTISP settings from 'isp.cingular' to 'wap.cingular'. NOTE: Please read below for another available option.

4. Your set! Go to Internet Sharing, Connect your phone to PC (Activesync Mode), press connect. Your online!

NOTE:

Those still wanting the hidden menu option under Internet Sharing (in case you pay for tethering or whatever the case..) where you can select which connection you are using will have to use a registry editor and point to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...Comm...Settings...ForceCellConnection

Change the value data from 'AT & T ISP' to nothing at all. Leave it blank. Restart the phone and the menu will magically appear! Happy surfing!

ANOTHER NOTE: Those using PHM Tools RegEdit can erase the whole line with no problems. Those using a desktop registry editor such as CERegEditor will not let you leave it blank. The solution for this is to insert a blank space via space bar and then click OK.

Edited by matteandhue

Guest matteandhue
Or use my tweak CAB B)

P

I agree, your tweak pack is a great compilation! I installed it before posting this find, but some users (like myself) may not want specific tweaks unlocked all at once. It would be really cool to compile a menu to turn these on and off in your cab. Is that a possibility?

Really I just wanted to post something I found on another blog. Didn't see any other posts on it here at Modaco.