Max Dynamic Manila2d Theme

Guest maxycy

Guest jimmyinmd

This looks AMAZING! Is this application stable? It seems WAY BETTER than the default Samsung interface.

Is this a working application or in development?

The theme is based on the Black&White theme form Passoa ROM M2D04. If you apply the theme, you will upgrade your entire theme to Black&White. Below are the screens of other functions.

pc_capture1.jpgpc_capture2.jpgpc_capture3.jpgpc_capture4.jpgpc_capture5.jpgpc_capture6.jpgpc_capture7.jpgpc_capture8.jpgpc_capture9.jpgpc_capture10.jpg

yay :) Maxycy , it looks great , keep on the cool work :( and maybe you can make something based on ice and glacieres in the future too? :rolleyes:

Thks. I'll think abt it. :(

Gotta to do a girly theme :D for my wife before I wrap this up as a Christmas present.

This looks AMAZING! Is this application stable? It seems WAY BETTER than the default Samsung interface.

Is this a working application or in development?

Do a search for Manila2d. You will find a lot of topics here. It's pretty stable except that it does not support landscape mode. I find this more useful than the default Samsung today screen. However, you can chk out my post 2 to marry both this application together.

Guest jimmyinmd

Will do. I'm sure it's buried in another post, but I do want to ask one question.

The landscape/portrait thing doesn't bother me, as long as I can type texts/emails and surf in landscape mode. Is that the case with M2D?

Do a search for Manila2d. You will find a lot of topics here. It's pretty stable except that it does not support landscape mode. I find this more useful than the default Samsung today screen. However, you can chk out my post 2 to marry both this application together.

Will do. I'm sure it's buried in another post, but I do want to ask one question.

The landscape/portrait thing doesn't bother me, as long as I can type texts/emails and surf in landscape mode. Is that the case with M2D?

Yes, you can. However, after you close the applications, M2D will automatically goes back to portrait mode.

Guest omnia newbie

Hey Macyxy, Thank you . great theme... 1.there is a large weather icons.. in the attachment...you can update... yours theme with this, look more nicer :rolleyes: 2. when i use M2DC to update your theme.. in the weather page/the icons is skewed to the left.. any solution ?..hope you understand whats I mean

many thanks again.. for great great theme

Big_Weather_Icons.rar

weather.bmp

Edited by omnia newbie

Hey Macyxy, Thank you . great theme... 1.there is a large weather icons.. in the attachment...you can update... yours theme with this, look more nicer :rolleyes: 2. when i use M2DC to update your theme.. in the weather page/the icons is skewed to the left.. any solution ?..hope you understand whats I mean

many thanks again.. for great great theme

Thks for the weather icons. :(

As for the weather icon problem, I suggest that you put back your old HTCHomeSettings.xml and see whether it fixed the problem. If so, then send it over to me and I will edit the rest for you.

Can you add instructions for installing these? I installed M2D, but I have no idea how to install your themes.

There are 2 ways to install the theme.

1. The official way is to use M2DConfig program. Do a search and you should find a lot of topics on that especially in XDA. If you use this program, copy the zip file and put it into the "\program files\M2DC\theme" folder. When you open the program, you can see the theme and apply it. You can also restore the old theme if you don't like it.

2. The crude way is to unzip and dump all files to "\windows" folder. But, you also have no backup. :)

Guest omnia newbie

Hi macyxy,

I use the lastest M2DC 0.27.232 .. when I apply your theme... there is a option.. I just click, dont update weather icons.."checked" (only update tab icons... leave "unchecked").. it works!.. the sun is in the middle again..

the suggested way, of copying out the original HTChomesetting.xml.. then copying back. it works sometimes.. coz, different themes are designed differently (the clock,email,internet will be out of sync).. it WILL NOT work if you have Sector's themes installed previously.

just the information.. for someone who has the same problem.

attached is the lopsided weather icons HTCHomeSettings.xml

PS. 1.this problem is not isolated.. it affect .. Sector themes too!.. may be coz. of the different cooked ROM with M2D ?

may be worth if you can identified the problem and release a separate HTCHomeSettings.xml ?

2. my cooked rom .. stop me from copying big weather icons to windows directory.. it said "read only etc..".. I cannot overwrite the weather icons in windows............ how to "disable read only". I turned off touch Flo still not working

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by omnia newbie

Hi macyxy,

I use the lastest M2DC 0.27.232 .. when I apply your theme... there is a option.. I just click, dont update weather icons.."checked" (only update tab icons... leave "unchecked").. it works!.. the sun is in the middle again..

the suggested way, of copying out the original HTChomesetting.xml.. then copying back. it works sometimes.. coz, different themes are designed differently (the clock,email,internet will be out of sync).. it WILL NOT work if you have Sector's themes installed previously.

just the information.. for someone who has the same problem.

attached is the lopsided weather icons HTCHomeSettings.xml

PS. 1.this problem is not isolated.. it affect .. Sector themes too!.. may be coz. of the different cooked ROM with M2D ?

may be worth if you can identified the problem and release a separate HTCHomeSettings.xml ?

2. my cooked rom .. stop me from copying big weather icons to windows directory.. it said "read only etc..".. I cannot overwrite the weather icons in windows............ how to "disable read only". I turned off touch Flo still not working

Thks for the insight. I'd chked your xml and the weather portion is exactly the same as mine. I believe the problem is related to different manila version.

As for Sector's theme, I do have a couple installed previously without any problem. BTW, I'm using Passoa M2D04 ROM.

I have no problem overwriting files ( including read only ). Maybe bcos I'm using Pocket PC Controller but I believe this can be done by turning off TouchFLO first. If you have it as Today screen, just uncheck it first.

This is one of an earlier theme which I have not fully finished. If interested, I will complete this. After next week, I will not have an Omnia to work with. :rolleyes:

max1.jpgmax2.jpg

Thanks bro for your contribution :rolleyes: .

Sec

No. Thank you.... your contribution has triggered this. :)

I have tweaked the theme to black & white now. Here's the look of the home screen. There should be a total of 3 analog clocks. One for 24hrs and two for AM/PM. Will upload this once I tweaked the rest of the other screens.

black1.jpg

Guest jclarkk

For some reason everytime I install one of your themes I only see the clocks dials and not any of the clocks skin. Any idea?

I always copy the HTCHomeSettings.XML to Windows folder also so it's not that and I use the M2DC to extract the zip files.

Oh and I have the time settings on HH:mm:ss also.

sshot001.bmp

For some reason everytime I install one of your themes I only see the clocks dials and not any of the clocks skin. Any idea?

I always copy the HTCHomeSettings.XML to Windows folder also so it's not that and I use the M2DC to extract the zip files.

Oh and I have the time settings on HH:mm:ss also.

You need to set the regional settings to AM/PM. Press Start\Settings\System\Regional Settings . Then select either "h:mm:ss" or "hh:mm:ss"

Black White Theme released....enjoy :rolleyes:

Under AM/PM setting, you will get 2 different clock switching fm AM to PM and vice versa. If you have a 24hr settings, another clock will appear.

black2.jpgblack3.jpgblack4.jpgblack5.jpgblack6.jpg

p/s - missed one file....zip file attachment has been updated.

Max_BlackWhite_Theme.zip

Edited by maxycy

Black and White Theme #2

This is an ordinary theme for M2D. :rolleyes:

chess1.jpgchess2.jpg

NOTE: There's a minor setting problem wt the original xml file in the zip file. Pls download the attached HTCHomeSettings.xml file and overwrite in \windows after you have applied the theme.

Max_BlackWhite_Theme__2.rar

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by maxycy

Guest 3shirts

I need to change the appointment font colour but if I do it messes the font up (even if I only change the colour). Can you tell me what the default settings are for 'Home Tab Appointment Time' and 'Home Tab Appointment Description' and I will set all the settings manually and change the font colour.

Thanks

Edited by 3shirts

I need to change the appointment font colour but if I do it messes the font up (even if I only change the colour). Can you tell me what the default settings are for 'Home Tab Appointment Time' and 'Home Tab Appointment Description' and I will set all the settings manually and change the font colour.

Thanks

I'm using the default Passoa black/white theme font setting. After manually changing the colors in M2DC, I don't have any problem as well. Try using Tahoma font and size 11 for "Appointment Time" and size 10 for "Appointment Description"

If anyone using Paseo MD04 and trying to have the background script work, you may need to delete the Manila2d90 and Manila2d270 scripts in the Windows startup to work. Backup those scripts before deleting just incase you wan to go back.

There was not a mention of this any where on this forum. Thanks Maxcy for the scripts. I always wanted to have my phone do that switching between M2D & widget.

Edited by minhgi

If anyone using Paseo MD04 and trying to have the background script work, you may need to delete the Manila2d90 and Manila2d270 scripts in the Windows startup to work. Backup those scripts before deleting just incase you wan to go back.

There was not a mention of this any where on this forum. Thanks Maxcy for the scripts. I always wanted to have my phone do that switching between M2D & widget.

Don't mention it. I'm happy to share what I can while it still lasts..... :rolleyes:

I will share my phone settings in the next couple of days. There could be something useful for some of you.