Is it possible to edit samsung today 2?

Guest ryuko2002

Guest ryuko2002

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone got to edit the programs in the today 2 plugin. I love the settings and phonebook shortcuts but i'm missing the calendar. I was wondering if there would be a way to swap the e-mail shortcut for a calendar one (and use the icon from samsung today1). I still think HTC GUI has much better usability but samsung's is not that bad.

Guest dufferman
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone got to edit the programs in the today 2 plugin. I love the settings and phonebook shortcuts but i'm missing the calendar. I was wondering if there would be a way to swap the e-mail shortcut for a calendar one (and use the icon from samsung today1). I still think HTC GUI has much better usability but samsung's is not that bad.

To have the calender on the Today screen 2 just check the box for the Calender as well as today screen 2.

Guest smilepak

Would be nice to be able to modify it a bit. Would like to change the icon on it to something else. I have no use having a mail icon on the main screen and prefer to have a phonebook instead.

• 1 month later...
Guest Voltron8Myhat

I just posted this over at the PPCSG forums... (similar question)

I just got my new i910, and I've been poking around to see what people are using to customize their Omnia's main screen: SPB, Winterface, iFonz, Launcher, etc...

iFonz seems to be the best FREE program (SPB, Winterface, etc... cost money), but I'm not wild about having to load software when powering on the phone just for the "look" of the phone.

I'm pretty satisfied with how the Today 2 screen works. It's free, doesn't take up any space (already on phone), uses little RAM/CPU, is aesthetically clean and has most of the features I need.

However, I would like to be able to customize at least a few things, so I'm asking for your help.

The biggest thing I would like to do is change the fugly clock/date setup. Is this possible? There are two default clocks, and both seem to have been designed by someone from 1994. A flip clock or nice analog clock (perhaps with opacity) would be fantastic.

The coolest thing would be able to side scroll the third panel on the home page (call log, message, e-mail) to add more apps/links there. Any idea if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
Guest justpratik
Hi,

just have to check which dll is having that.

and try to edit in reshack.

perhaps we can .

Guest jkalvin

Thanks justpratik... I suppose that is the only way, but I'm surprised that I haven't come across many other threads on this topic (or at least any with a clear conclusion). The DLL is question is apparently "secst.dll". I'm looking into some French forums right now.