Volume hardware buttons steps are too big

Guest edenzo

Have the touch HD a few days and have a issue with the volume buttons on the left side.

When using a headset its almost inpossible to adjust the volume to the correct value with those buttons. The steps are way too big. Its too loud or no sound at all. Adjusting the volume with the slider on screen is a lot better, but not verry practical when listening handsfree with a headset. I hope there is a registry setting to make the steps smaller or lower the max volume with a headset (or both)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheNerd
Have the touch HD a few days and have a issue with the volume buttons on the left side.

When using a headset its almost inpossible to adjust the volume to the correct value with those buttons. The steps are way too big. Its too loud or no sound at all. Adjusting the volume with the slider on screen is a lot better, but not verry practical when listening handsfree with a headset. I hope there is a registry setting to make the steps smaller or lower the max volume with a headset (or both)

I'm getting frustrated that even though I've locked the device, the volume buttons have not locked, so I'm always changing the system or ring volume in my pocket! As I'm stupid and haven't read the manual yet (like I ever will) I'm sure I will never find out the simple proceedure to avoid this. :rolleyes:

Guest Gribouille71

Same problem for me. Anyone can help please ?

Guest mhvin65
Same problem for me. Anyone can help please ?

Same problem here.

:) :( Calling Paul MVP,

Hi there Paul, saw alot of your contributions and software fix. Great work dude!

Can you help in this?

Million thanks!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you :rolleyes: !!

Edited by mhvin65

Guest Chrismobile

Same problem for me: the lowest volume setting is still too loud for some occasions (e.g. listening before dropping off for a nap).

I've had some success with using the audio booster - just drag all the sliders down to their lowest level to get the volume a little lower.

Zzzzzz

Chris

Guest mhvin65
ive installed AEButton plus and just turned off the volume keys full stop. only takes a second to click on the volume icon and adjust the sliders with your finger :rolleyes:

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

Hi Jonajuna, thank you for sharing, will try up this software.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy New Year!

Cheers!

Vincent aka mhvin65

Edited by mhvin65

Guest dr_nick
I'm getting frustrated that even though I've locked the device, the volume buttons have not locked, so I'm always changing the system or ring volume in my pocket! As I'm stupid and haven't read the manual yet (like I ever will) I'm sure I will never find out the simple proceedure to avoid this. :rolleyes:

my volume buttons seemed to lock OK when the device is in standby...

(standard ROM from orange)