Omnia Photos

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
guys,

when taking pics, do you guys experience a greenish small spot about 1/2 the size of a fingernail at the top and bottom right of your omnia display (snap button is on top)? You can see it when snapping white areas like a white wall or something.

I hope is the firmware issue and not the lense!! I'm using J1 btw.

Please help?

Nope. That's strange...can you post here the screen pic showing that greenish spot?

Guest grypenigma

i dont have it right now.

i'll go and take some later.

i know this case have been mentioned before, not too sure in the forum or elsewhere, even in www.gsmarena.com, when they are reviewing the camera shots, some pictures do have the green spots, but they didnt mentioned anything about it.

I will post that if i can find the review again. Anyway for those who knows, let me know whether it is firmware problem or camera lense. i hope is the firmware.

Guest bobobird

Default settings, night time, indoor, moderate lighting (1 light behind me), macro mode. Taril's custom HL2.

post-423930-1231199252_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobobird

Guest wranglerdriver

here is a panoramic photo taken with the Verizon i910, using the panorama feature.

I wish it would do it at full resolution instead of the 340X192.

SNC00010.jpg

Guest bobobird
here is a panoramic photo taken with the Verizon i910, using the panorama feature.

I wish it would do it at full resolution instead of the 340X192.

Nice...

I prefer to take normal pics and then use 3rd party pano software to stitch up the panos. Works much better this way and quality is retained.

Here is another

Indoor, auto flash, macro, no other lighting, standing about 2 feet away

post-423930-1231208246_thumb.jpg

Guest radeon121

hi people; version mshj1

I've taken a few, the first two are macro modes one of them being my parrot lol, the last two everything is normal it turns out not so great.. i have updated omnia with the uk patch from auto installer, urmm also when i try panoramic shot how come it always says mix fails... and it only lets me do small resolution everytime :s could someone tell me whats wrong

post-472812-1231285304_thumb.jpg

post-472812-1231285352_thumb.jpg

post-472812-1231285386_thumb.jpg

post-472812-1231285439_thumb.jpg

Edited by radeon121

Guest MyFriendCallMeBin

guys, why are my pictures filled with noises when taking at indoor? The noise only does not appear when taking pictures with bright sun. Btw, even adjusting the ISO doesnt make a difference. Pls help

Guest Daugvolf
guys, why are my pictures filled with noises when taking at indoor? The noise only does not appear when taking pictures with bright sun. Btw, even adjusting the ISO doesnt make a difference. Pls help

Unfortunately that's just the nature of cellphone cameras in general. CCDs of the size found typically in cellphone cameras are just less sensitive to light, and generate more noise in low light environments, and the Omnia's is no exception.

Guest MyFriendCallMeBin
Unfortunately that's just the nature of cellphone cameras in general. CCDs of the size found typically in cellphone cameras are just less sensitive to light, and generate more noise in low light environments, and the Omnia's is no exception.

oic.. thanks for the information. So there's no way to improve the camera? is there any kind of cam driver that can improve the picture quality similar to those used in Song Ericsson camera phones?

Guest Daugvolf
oic.. thanks for the information. So there's no way to improve the camera? is there any kind of cam driver that can improve the picture quality similar to those used in Song Ericsson camera phones?

You may be able to use the flash in conjunction with some settings to decrease the noise, but using flash in general also washes out the images with the Omnia, I find. Try the flash with the indoor scene settings and bump up the contrast and saturation up to +1 you might get some ok results. Make sure you're not too close to your subject, too.

Guest MyFriendCallMeBin
You may be able to use the flash in conjunction with some settings to decrease the noise, but using flash in general also washes out the images with the Omnia, I find. Try the flash with the indoor scene settings and bump up the contrast and saturation up to +1 you might get some ok results. Make sure you're not too close to your subject, too.

how is it possible to adjust contrast and saturation after selecting indoor scene? because after selecting indoor scene, most of the settings become grey and cannot be selected, including contrast and saturation. is there any extra thing i've to download to make it selectable?

And guys, don mind to post some indoor/low light pictures? as i wanna see the difference from those i took. pls include the settings too.

thanks!

Guest wiggy6230

Camera settings

SCN

2560x1920

Flash Off

Macro On

post-440402-1231664212_thumb.jpg

Some water starting to freeze out on the concrete path near my front door.

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest Natsirt

Heres some of mine.. taken with auto settings and anti shake on every picture and using rom: DXHK1/M2D04

snc000832xv3.jpg

This one was taken whilst i was walking along the path:

snc000892cv7.jpg

snc000922la5.jpg

Trying out the panorama mode :):

snc00098zz8.jpg

Guest theshaz

Yes it is a Smart Phone...and No it is not full fleged camera. The CCD and optics are small and limited compared to standalone phones. But with all that said, it is the best camera on any Smartphone currently on the market. Low light photos can be a challenge, but full daylight pictures with the right settings look awsome.

Inpateintly waiting for mine to arrive in the mail :)