GPS not working/Recognizing

Guest Raeden

Hello,

I have been trying diligently to get my GPS on my BJ2 to work. I have installed the MoDaco GPS hack and app unlocker, the SDA app unlocker, and still cannot get the GPS to work in GARMIN XT. It allows me to set the settings to GPS Intermediate Drivers, but no signal and sometimes says GPS is off.

I then tried to install GPSID, to set the COM4 port through the program, and no luck. I also tried testing it with GPS Test v1.04, and it just sits on COM4 scanning with no results at all as if there is no GPS. I have instaled everything that i could find that people suggested, but the GPS will not activate, is there anything i can try to kick start it?

Hello,

I have been trying diligently to get my GPS on my BJ2 to work. I have installed the MoDaco GPS hack and app unlocker, the SDA app unlocker, and still cannot get the GPS to work in GARMIN XT. It allows me to set the settings to GPS Intermediate Drivers, but no signal and sometimes says GPS is off.

I then tried to install GPSID, to set the COM4 port through the program, and no luck. I also tried testing it with GPS Test v1.04, and it just sits on COM4 scanning with no results at all as if there is no GPS. I have instaled everything that i could find that people suggested, but the GPS will not activate, is there anything i can try to kick start it?

I had a hell of a time getting mine to work also. I assume you used the gpstest that is preinstalled on your phone? If you have trouble finding it (which I had, they sure do hide it well) there is a fix that is posted here, post #18 (thanks "thelostsoul" for that it was quite useful): http://www.modaco.com/content/i617-i617-mo...y-bj-ii/#entry0.

Try that one first, it does not require any modifications to the ports or special programs to locate/run. It is just a simple program to tell you:'hey this phone has an operating GPS that picks up satellite signals.' It took a few minutes but it should pick up a few satellites even indoors by a window, but try it outside first just to be on the safeside. If that does not work then everything else you may try after that will probably not work.

The gpstest is supposed to work even before you make any other settings.

I first tried gpsvp and it would not work, then when I installed Google maps (which started right away and works quite good) surprisingly gpsvp started working. So the unit with all these mods might become tempermental.

Guest FAF_DRAKO
Hello,

To help you... we need more info...

1. What OS are you using? 6 or 6.1

2. What Version of Garmin Mobile XT are you using?

Depending on those two factors is the course you need to take to get the GPS to work properly on BJ2 specifically when it comes to Garmin.

• 1 year later...
Guest aronlou

no need.

modify the as follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\SamsungGPSHardware]

"CommPort"="COM6:"

"Baud"=dword:000012C0

"FriendlyName"="Samsung GPS Hardware, ver 0.1"

"InterfaceType"="PHONE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]

"DriverInterface"="COM4:"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice]

"Index"=dword:00000004

"Prefix"="COM"

"Dll"="PHONEGPSID.dll"

"Context"=dword:12344160

"Flags"=dword:00000002

"Keep"=dword:00000001

in your gpstest set the com port to com6 ,and baud to 4800...

in a open place ,wait for 1 minute,you will fine about 10 satelites.

• 1 month later...
Guest phamking
no need.

modify the as follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\SamsungGPSHardware]

"CommPort"="COM6:"

"Baud"=dword:000012C0

"FriendlyName"="Samsung GPS Hardware, ver 0.1"

"InterfaceType"="PHONE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]

"DriverInterface"="COM4:"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice]

"Index"=dword:00000004

"Prefix"="COM"

"Dll"="PHONEGPSID.dll"

"Context"=dword:12344160

"Flags"=dword:00000002

"Keep"=dword:00000001

in your gpstest set the com port to com6 ,and baud to 4800...

in a open place ,wait for 1 minute,you will fine about 10 satelites.

i did it, but not work, do i need install MODACO tweak pack ? I using WM 6.5

• 8 months later...
Guest anulluna

Hi,

I've been trying to make the GPS in my BJII for 2 weeks, but to no avail. It worked only once, got like 6 satellites, and then stopped again. I'm using GarminMobile XT 5.00. I've tried everything I've found (the Modaco packs, GPSTest, Google Maps, etc.) and the phone keeps looking for satellites, never finding anything. Could anybody give me a detailed guide as to how to make it work?

I'm in Uruguay, South America.