internet connection via Bluetooth

Guest Digame

I know, and it appears it has been well researched, that the Blackjack i607 and i617 are not Wifi capable.

What is the story with Bluetooth internet? I see there are modems that provide Bluetooth internet access but it does not appear to be widely used for public access. Correction I cannot find any listing for Bluetooth internet access.

Does anyone have an idea of the direction of this technology?

I have pretty much givin up on the idea of getting free internet through my Blackjack and AT&T just rapes you with their data plans. The cheapest one is like $30/month.

Guest williamFromchina
I know, and it appears it has been well researched, that the Blackjack i607 and i617 are not Wifi capable.

What is the story with Bluetooth internet? I see there are modems that provide Bluetooth internet access but it does not appear to be widely used for public access. Correction I cannot find any listing for Bluetooth internet access.

I have pretty much givin up on the idea of getting free internet through my Blackjack and AT&T just rapes you with their data plans. The cheapest one is like $30/month.

Maybe you can sync it with your PC via bluetooth,so that it can share the internet connection with PC....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tkrummen

I think you may be confused (if I am understanding you question correctly).

It is possible to use bluetooth to connect your phone to your computer allowing your computer to access the internet via your ATT data plan (tethering). As far as I know you can't connect to a "Bluetooth Modem" to access the internet on your phone.

Guest brian124

You can sort of do a connection via bluetooth by first using active sync with your phone. Make sure to turn data off first. Get a bluetooth dongle that's strong enough to let you use your phone in most of your house. That's my ghetto solution to wifi for the blackjack...