how to do a complete full firmware backup for WM6?

Guest erichkooi

Guest erichkooi

Hi,

First of all, i am totally new in PPC stuff and I have Omnia which is my 1st wm6 phone.

I read from the forum that we can do full backup for our ppc phone by using kitchen and etc applications.

Correct me if I am wrong, this application is backup on everything on our phone in case anything wrong we can restore it and it would be back to normal from the day we backup the firmware, right?

If yes, could you guys tell me which are the better application to do this and how (complete with idiot guide)?

Many thanks,

Eric

Guest Monolithix

Depends what you're trying to do. If you're playing with ROMs you'll need to dump the entire existing ROM to an SD card or PC (don't know the procedure for the Omnia though, sorry).

If you just want to back up your programmes, settings and messages etc then something like Sprite Backup should do the trick!

Guest picky-picasso
Depends what you're trying to do. If you're playing with ROMs you'll need to dump the entire existing ROM to an SD card or PC (don't know the procedure for the Omnia though, sorry).

If you just want to back up your programmes, settings and messages etc then something like Sprite Backup should do the trick!

Use grabit to dump the entire rom to your SD card.

see http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=944040

pp