The touch HD is FINALLY available on O2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest robbmasters
Boo, that sucks.

Indeed it does.

So the question is, is £42.50 good for unlimited SMS and web?

Well, after cashback it works out as about £38 per month overall...

Guest robbmasters

Got my phone this morning.

Can't switch text to web for the life of the contract as the contract is not with O2, its with CPW/O2.

I've been repeatedly told 90 days, so it might be worth trying again...

At the moment, I think I'm gonna stay with O2 rather than cancel and go to T-Mobile.

Edited by robbmasters

Guest gibson99
Got my phone this morning.

I've been repeatedly told 90 days, so it might be worth trying again...

At the moment, I think I'm gonna stay with O2 rather than cancel and go to T-Mobile.

interested to see how the phone is with text entry (not with stylus), ie ease of use.

also, how you get on with O2 would be impt wrt swappng texts to web or not!

Guest SsSiIiMmM

Same shop above on vodafone with free Touch HD:

500 Minutes, 100 Text + Unlimited mobile web, £35.00 Line rental

Edited by SsSiIiMmM

Guest Monolithix

Hmm ordered mine on Wednesday evening (as per my post above), and it didn't arrive until Saturday, so much for next day delivery (also it went to my home home address, not my uni one :rolleyes:! Still a bit miffed you can't change the bolt-on. Might be worth waiting for it to come out on o2 proper, depends on the deals they have I guess.

Guest robbmasters
Ahh, also just had a thought, even if we can change bolt on we would have to give up our cashback for changing the tariff

It's not a change of tariff, it's a change of freebie... :rolleyes:

Guest shaolin
cool - well hope its at least 500 texts, that would do me fine!

Signed up for it on Tuesday and received it today on the 600 mins contract as stated above. After some wrangling i got the unlimited texts chaned over to unlimited web browsing, The contract has 500 texts included anyway.

I called up 02 after receiving it who then told me as i purchased through mobiles.co.uk (Carphone Warehouse) i would need to contact them instead and gave me their number. So i did this and got a recorded message on the carphone warehouse line stating for support on any phones purchased after 2007 on 02 you need to contact 02 on 0870 5860860.

Second time lucky spoke to a helpfull chap who went off and checked with the team and updated my account to unlimited web browsing instead which is due to take effect tomorrow.

Hope you guys are as succesfull. :rolleyes:

Stuart.

Not sure if it made a difference i told them i hadnt taken it out of the box yet because if I couldnt change it i will send it back and cancel the order.

Edited by shaolin

Guest Monolithix

I called o2 on their landline number before opening the sim pack (in case I wanted to return it). I had no problems at all getting it all changed. Checked this morning and it's gone through, just need to wait for my number port now :rolleyes:

Guest robbmasters

Managed to get mine changed too. :rolleyes:

But they really didn't want to. I only succeeded because I had an email from O2 (from before I bought the phone) telling me that I would be able to change it...

Edited by robbmasters

Guest Monolithix

Hmm, no such problems here. She had to check something with another department but came straight back and said it was fine! Even confirmed I'd got it through mobiles.co.uk online first.

Same old story I guess, depends who you speak to :/

Guest MrRalphMan

Ordered mine Yesterday, Web site says it's in stock.

Got an Email yesterday evening stating that they cannot deliver next working day and will let me know when they can.

Called them today and they state it's out of stock, but they website still claims it's in stock.

Will have to see if there are any other deals or if I wait around for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Alom

Paul,

I was thinking of buying the same package as you but when I contacted them couple of days ago asking them if I could return it, only if I'm not happy with the device or the contract...and this is the reply I go...

you can only return and cancel you phone/contract if the box has not been opened. i know it doesn't sound very fair but unfortunately that is our returns policy. any other related queries please give our sales team a call on 0800 081 3344.

--

Mitchell Carter

Sales Advisor

mobiles.co.uk

========================================

Mobiles.co.uk Sales Team

http://www.mobiles.co.uk

Tel://http://www.mobiles.co.uk[/color...uot;]Tel: (08700) 804444

Fax: (08700) 802222

I'm going to wait until my upgrade on T-Mobile now.

At least by buying online if the tariff does turn out to be something bizarre we can return the device (like I did with the G1 in the end!)

P

Edited by Mr Alom

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I argued with Next Directory under Distance Selling Regs ... they didn't admit to the fault, but I got a fiver gift voucher instead! I'd clearly and concisely argue with them about their returns policy under DSR.

For the same reason I won't ever buy for CarphoneWarehouse ... they have a really screwed up returns policy instore ... so I wouldn't even like to mess about with them about DSR.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.