Lost all my contacts!

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

I turned my phone on this morning to find that all my contacts are gone! Is there anyway for me to get them back?

I haven't made any changes as such recently except setting up connections on the phone for Bluetooth connection via ActiveSync.

Can anyone help?

update:

I think it has happened when I deleted my existing partnership and created a new one B)

Edited by Transform

Guest Andy1984UK
I turned my phone on this morning to find that all my contacts are gone! Is there anyway for me to get them back?

I haven't made any changes as such recently except setting up connections on the phone for Bluetooth connection via ActiveSync.

Can anyone help?

update:

I think it has happened when I deleted my existing partnership and created a new one :rolleyes:

I did that once.. It was a right royal pain.. I searched around for answers but in the end I gave up and started re-entering them. Sorry man

Guest psionandy

If they are still in outlook, resync your phone.

Otherwise restore them from the backup files you made on a regular basis.

Or restore them from the backup of your outlook email that you made.

(Assuming that you made backups.... )

Guest awarner (MVP)

Deleting/creating partnerships will not remoce contacts unless you have the sync set up so the phone sees an empty contact list on the pc and then setup so that it copies the pc list.

Guest Neil5459
Deleting/creating partnerships will not remoce contacts unless you have the sync set up so the phone sees an empty contact list on the pc and then setup so that it copies the pc list.

Removing a partnership on the mobile device using ActiveSync/Options/ then Delete WILL remove all PIM items associated with that partnership- a warning message does pop up, but it is ambiguous.

Essentially, any PIM item syncing exclusively with the partnership being deleted will also be removed. If you sync with more than one PC, then the PIM items should be retained as they are not exclusive to that partnership.