For the love of god, I just can't upgrade to wm 6.1!!!!!

Guest pk_volt

Guest pk_volt

I always get this stupid S/w version is wrong error message when I try to run the SGH-i617 ROM update utility.

I've looked all over google, and they all tell you to disable all firewall and anti-virus software.

I tried using windows Vista and XP. I disabled the firewall by going to run - services.msc and then disabled the firewall, as well as right clicking the firewall icon in the task bar on the bottom right corner, and turning it off.

I don't have any anti-virus software installed, and I've disabled the xp anti-virus

any other clues?

this is so frustrating! B)

NOTE: I'm able to get the product ID and KEY prompt dialogue

Edited by pk_volt

Guest fizoore

try going to the samsung official site copy and paste http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=132705 and whatever type of windows your using(xp,vista) theres a link that says this below.follow the instructions exactly and it should work for you,i used it for mine and my wifes blackjack2 and worked both times.also try going to myblackjack2.com,lots of goodies there also.good luck

Click here for the Upgrade Instructions FAQ and XP Downloader

Click here for the Upgrade Instructions FAQ and Vista Downloader

Guest pk_volt
try going to the samsung official site copy and paste http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=132705 and whatever type of windows your using(xp,vista) theres a link that says this below.follow the instructions exactly and it should work for you,i used it for mine and my wifes blackjack2 and worked both times.also try going to myblackjack2.com,lots of goodies there also.good luck

Click here for the Upgrade Instructions FAQ and XP Downloader

Click here for the Upgrade Instructions FAQ and Vista Downloader

err, I don't know if this is really stupid, but my phone is from Fido, and it's listed as the fido i616, but it's the same samsung blackjack II phone. Anyone know if I downloaded the wrong installer? it says it's for AT&T

I just found the samsung i616 and it's listed as the samsung JACK, and I just found an installer for this. HOpefully it'll work!

OK, turns out I was a moron. I'm now running on wm 61, :rolleyes:

Edited by pk_volt

• 1 month later...
Guest meagan427
Thank you for replying.

I've tried both ways with and without sim-card, and I don't have a memory card inside, and hibernation mode isn't enabled.

I had the same problem on my PC at work...it wouldn't open the code box, but laptop at home worked great. Thanks for all the great tips!!!!

Edited by meagan427