Clean DXHK3 Rom from PDAVIET

Guest lionheartk

Guest lionheartk

Found this on PDAVIET.

Seems this ROM is as bare as it can be, everything removed, only windows on it. Ported from HTC Touch? :)

Original description translated by Google:

Version of the V07, WM6.1 version of the Clean, for Omnia i900, characteristics:

Developed on the latest ROM: i900DXHK3 (NEW)

Build new HTC Touch HD: CE OS 5.2.20764 Build 20764.1.4.3

Port of full XIP and SYS.

Kind of removal of sub-applications (clean), the number of applications have removed all Opera, GoogleMaps, ... If necessary we will be able to install CAB from the newer version.

Tích System Fonts of the TV, integrating the latest CorePlayer 1:30

Tích the HTC TaskManager

Up After more than 115Mb of ROM, RAM is fairly high (note forget exactly how much is???

Screen002-8.jpgScreen003-8.jpgScreen004-7.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/172513235/OMNIA__i900DXHK3_PV07_B20764.rar

Post results if you install it :rolleyes:

Edited by lionheartk

Guest chuti98
I have given up on this guy's roms.

If I want a HTC, I will buy a HTC.

But no way do I want my OMNIA to pretend it is a HTC.

I think this rom he just port xip and sys nothing would be like HTC Touch HD

because it's totally different hardware

sys and xip have nothing to do with the hardware. They are versions of Windows Mobile.

I have heard that 20764 is faster and better with memory management than 20270

20764 is more stable on most devices as well. However if the chef messes up with the xip or sys they can easily render the os quite unstable.

There are many common system DLL's that all WM devices use, this get updated and published to OEMS's as ongoing service releases for windows mobile.

I have mobile shell on my omnia. Does that make iit an SPB phone?

Guest helladios

It is what many people have been asking from the resident cooks for a long time. I would try it... if I had the password for the "rar" archive.

Edit: I have assumed the password would be the name of the "owner" and cook... "PhamQuang" and I was right. I am installing it now. Thank you, PhamQuang!

Edited by helladios

Im not sure I understand, isnt coreplayer commercial software? Isnt it piracy to include it in a cooked rom? I dont see a free version on their site so how is this possible?

Guest mobilehappy
Im not sure I understand, isnt coreplayer commercial software? Isnt it piracy to include it in a cooked rom? I dont see a free version on their site so how is this possible?

CorePlayer is a commercial app.

If its included in the ROM then its a Warez/"pirated" version.

Guest Bloo_DF

I didnt had time yet to test all the rom but till now its a great rom, fast, more stable and dont get to much erros like K2, and i was reading about this new WinMo CE its better then Omnias, so we got a new Windows Version :rolleyes:

Guest Turb0wned
I didnt had time yet to test all the rom but till now its a great rom, fast, more stable and dont get to much erros like K2, and i was reading about this new WinMo CE its better then Omnias, so we got a new Windows Version :rolleyes:

Humm the only thing that is stopping me right now is that i just flashed to trail's rom because he has both flash lite 3.1 and 2.1 in there... First time i seen that done.

Guest wkmmx500

I'm on this rom since yesterday afternoon (came from HK2 pdaviet v04)... I love clean roms!!!

1st impressions:

- stable - all software works just fine (and I've installed quite a lot) - no errors what so ever

- installed opera v2520 / Netcf 3.5 / Opera mini /

- don't use widgets

- phone part seems better - I have better reception in my house

- GPS - just as fast as HK2 (Google maps v2309 works with gps / iGo works fine)

- loaded omnia skin for coreplayer / smiley skin for psShutXp (didn't like HTC skin) / disabled HTC task manager - wktask is much better

- feels a littlebit faster then HK2 (but can be wishfull thinking)

- battery performance is good so far - to early to tell (HK2 was very good)