CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest Barthlon
Lufeig,

You did it again all works and a flawless flash, Thanks

only 1 question, is it possible that videocall does not work, or is it my local problem settings or so

Regards

read the startpost a bit closer:

Known Issues:

* Disabling Samsung Dialer frees up to 10MB memory, but also disables Video Call feature. If you want Samsung Dialer and Video Call enabled, change the value from 0 to 1 in registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] "Enabled"=dword:0, then soft-reset.

cheers :)

Guest nicodega

Hi, I'm thinking of updating the rom to this one as I've been looking for a clean rom and this one seemes really nice.

I noticed on "a" revision it says:

PS1: Finger Mouse does not work properly.

Does this still hold for "b" revision?

Thanks a lot for your work LuFeIg :)

Guest murymury

very nice thnx. does it have htcemu dll files?

also the zoomer application from 1st post doesnt work. an error apears saying unable to load configuration. any solution please.

Edited by murymury

Guest d1mitrov

hey i have the original samsung rom with flashlite 2.1...i want 3.1 so i can watch videos on pages other than youtube mobile...you were saying something about widgets not working with 3.1 whats that all about???

Guest mobilehappy
hey i have the original samsung rom with flashlite 2.1...i want 3.1 so i can watch videos on pages other than youtube mobile...you were saying something about widgets not working with 3.1 whats that all about???

Samsung Widgets only works with FlashLite 2.1

So you will have to choose what is most important to you, Samsung Widgets or Flash content directly in Opera Mobile browser.

(Unless you use Taril's cooked ROM that is, which have manged to combine the use of FlashLite 2.1 and FlashLite 3.1 on Omnia)

Guest genexis

After 2 weeks of reading this forum, and 4 days with the phone, this is what I have. Lots of thanks to this superb rom :)

Question, how would the performance be different if i have a SPB mobile shell cooked into the rom?

Please take a look at my list of programs and give me suggestions for any programs which will perform better than the ones I am currently using :D

post-477685-1232730089_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730097_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730104_thumb.png

post-477685-1232730109_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730113_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730118_thumb.png

post-477685-1232730122_thumb.png

Question, how would the performance be different if i have a SPB mobile shell cooked into the rom?

You might get some more free space (not much I think), but that's all. It's not worth it.

Guest d1mitrov
After 2 weeks of reading this forum, and 4 days with the phone, this is what I have. Lots of thanks to this superb rom :)

Please take a look at my list of programs and give me suggestions for any programs which will perform better than the ones I am currently using :D

post-477685-1232730089_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730097_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730104_thumb.png

post-477685-1232730109_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730113_thumb.pngpost-477685-1232730118_thumb.png

post-477685-1232730122_thumb.png

how do i get garmin mobile? :)

i would very much appreciate it thank you!

you have to buy it legally.

although there are always the illegal ways, those cannot be published here.

In the new ROM which possibly you are preparing (based on A2), is it possible to remove or disable the Samsung Phonebook?

afaik, it is disabled with samsung dialer. when i tap CONTACTS (right softkey), winmo contacts opens up, not samsung's.

Hi, I'm thinking of updating the rom to this one as I've been looking for a clean rom and this one seemes really nice.

I noticed on "a" revision it says:

PS1: Finger Mouse does not work properly.

Does this still hold for "b" revision?

Thanks a lot for your work LuFeIg

it is still buggy, and i don't have plans to search more for a fix. if someone provides one, it may be applied in my next release.

by the way, i have downloaded DXIA2 but i haven't started working on it yet. i don't know if i will.

i'm happy with results on lufeig 05 revision b. ideally, i new rom should be released when a new XIP & SYS got released too, but i don't know what will happen: if i'll wait for that, or if i won't be pacient enough to wait...

l8ter!

Guest helladios

"afaik, it is disabled with samsung dialer. when i tap CONTACTS (right softkey), winmo contacts opens up, not samsung's."

I understand now, that the two (Samsung Dialer and Samsung Phonebook) go together... unfortunately! Thank you.

Guest Maverick440

Great Rom...........

Flashed my Omnia on Thursday and im realy happy with the result, seams quicker too now its anot bogged down with all of Samsungs pre installed ****.

One problem / question ive reinstalled tomtom 7 and GPSgate 2.6 as previously installed and i cant seeam to get a satalight lock. any body else having this problem with this rom or know of a fix.

GPSgate says that the information is coming in, but the icon that normaly goes fro, Red (no fix) brown (starting to read sats) and green (locked on and has a fix) stays on Red............ :)

Guest arunachalam

Dear LuFeIgs, now I started cooking rom.by manual I delete files from sys and oem folders,it increases storage memory.but shortcut in progms for deleted application.so how to delete dlls shortcuts registry from folders.I want to do by mannual.How to increase ram.with automation tool it is completely removed.The out put is clean rom.what is the use of makeHV,Shell in rom kitchen tool.I want to develope my knowledge.any thing req for viewing registry and related dlls and others.Thank you.

Guest vishalm
i think there should be a way to disable only samsung phonebook, but i never searched for this solution.

if i find out how to do it, i'll let u know.

The phonebook app is called seccontacts, there is also a secpluscontacts and then some image files.

Cant remember the exe for the default windows contacts off the top of my head.

The samsung dialer has a contacts button that tries to open seccontact.exe, you could either try and hex edit it to change it.

or, i recently found a useful launcher on i think XDA forums. it is an exe file and a .run file. when the .exe is accessed, it will check the .run file for a file path to launch another program.

I use it for my call log as i got rid of the samsung calllog app. I renamed the files to calllog.exe and calllog.run and put them in the windows folder. So now i have the call log software i want to use and not samsungs. the files are only a couple of kb so maybe something u want to look at.

I guess if you want, you could strip out the rest of the samsung software in your rom (call log, contacts) and then use the launcher to allow the rom users to call on to their own software. As alot of people use those apps, you could create cabs for them to install them.

It would be nice if you stripped out those apps so its a totally clean rom. If it does happen, i'll be back on your roms but until then im flushing junk out of roms myself.

if your intrested in the launcher then let me know and i'll upload it, as i havent got it on this pc.

@arunachalam: you have to edit the .RGU, .DAT and .PROVXML by yourself. use a text editor for this. even notepad can be used. i don't know what the apps you asked do. unfortunately i just know the basics! i wish i knew more...

@vishalm: i will analyze the idea of removing samsung dialer and contacts, and provide them as separate cabs. at first, it seems to be a good idea, i just don't know if it will work out without bugs. thanks a lot for your contribution!

actually i'm too lazy too start a new cook, since LFI05 works very well to me. only battery seems to drain faster than before...

btw, my omnia is charging now... :)

Edited by lufeig

Guest helladios

Since this got a little further, I will tell you why I do not like Samsung Phonebook. I am using Lufeig's ROM with SPB Mobile Shell. So

1) on the Today screen, as Lufeig said, when you press the right button, Windows Contacts opens.

2) on the Call screen, when you press the contacts button, Samsung Contacts opens.

3) Within SPB Mobile shell, when you... yes, you guessed, SPB Contacts Manager opens.

I am a little fed up! To be honest, I also find the Windows Phonebook the easiest to navigate - I know opinions differe on this, I am just saying what works for me.

Anyway, I decided that in the next version of Lufeig's ROM, I will not even use SPB Mobile Shell. At the end of the day, anything ADDITIONAL to the shell is an overload and a nuisance. I am very happy to use a couple of good Today screen add-ons, maybe a Program Launcher and the rest of the phone to remain intact AND clean!

(I did use M2D for some time but I felt as I feel now for SPB Mobile Shell! So, I know my options, and I am deciding for slimness and efficiency!)

Thanks for listening!

P.S. What would happen (vishalm?) if I just deleted the "seccontacts" and "secpluscontacts" files?

Edited by helladios

so my omnia is now kind of bricked.

i can flash it, but no matter what i rom i flash, it won't go past the samsung omnia startup screen.

i know it is not really bricked, i will fix it later, but now i'm too pissed off to do anything.

i'm going to play my x360 for a while now...

l8ter!

Guest leppiel
so my omnia is now kind of bricked.

i can flash it, but no matter what i rom i flash, it won't go past the samsung omnia startup screen.

i know it is not really bricked, i will fix it later, but now i'm too pissed off to do anything.

i'm going to play my x360 for a while now...

l8ter!

:)

I really like this ROM!

Guest FlorianO
:)

I really like this ROM!

I have a problem: Does anyone encounter problems with the default (Windows) dialer ? After a while scrolling through the latest called persons/contact stops working, trying to tap on one of those actually calls the last called contact instead, etc.

Is anyone experiencing else this ?

Guest alviner

Hi Lufeig's,

Thanks for your new creation again. I have one issue here after flashing:

Currently, the "Text Messages" have only three folders shown namely "Drafts", "Inbox" and "Outbox". I try to create the usual "Sent Items" and the "Deleted Items" folder but it prompt that it already exists and does not allow me to do that. Not sure it is functioning normally. If it is normal, how can I do some registry tweaks to make the folder appear again?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by alviner

Is this (Version DXIA1, LFI05 revision "b" (Jan-19-2009)) version already included .net CF 3.5 ?

I try to install .net CF 3.5 manually but there's an error message shown..