CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

thanks everybody for the feedbacks and comments. this rom is far from perfect, but with your help i'll try to fix its flaws!

Thanks for your answer !!

I have an issue with Opera, an error message said :

"the remote server refuses to perform the request.This address is not available"

In the Opera settings, there is no tools for the connection, u know like "auto detect or select wap..."

For info i updates b15086 with b2808 installed.

With Internet explorer there is no problem, after many search i ask you

A second question, wich application i need to look all type of pictures ? (jpg bmp ...)

And a last one i re-add main menu so some shortcuts does'nt work like "photo slide, media album", can you tell me what is missing ?

Can i modifiy this shortcut in registry ?

Thank you for all !!!

try to install opera b2520, which comes bundled with stock rom. the download link is available in this thread. strange tho, i have b2808 installed and it works perfectly for me, even displaying youtube videos. versions 15xxx also ran ok, no youtube videos tho.

for pictures, you can have the stock photoslider (gotta find its cab file), or if you like an iphonish app, install s2v (slide2view). it's freeware, available at xda-developers.

about the shortcuts, they should be created when you installed the cabs, since i removed them when i stripped the rom, otherwise you would have invalid shortcuts when the apps were not installed.

i'd like to put a cab repository of the stripped apps in the first post, but it would take a loooooong time for me to build every single one. who knows, maybe little by little i start to build them... but this is not a promise (i should have a life too :rolleyes:)!!!

edit: by the way, DXHL1 phone part works great, just like HK2 and HK3. i hope the performance will be kept in DXHL2!!!

Edited by lufeig

Guest lastnikita

could you please let internet sharing in ? can be very useful and I don't think it should be large.

another thing is error reporting, while it's fine one can disable it, it's good to be able to report bugs in beta softwares.

I need it :rolleyes:

Guest Ricky Lui

Hi

Thanks for your great works.

After I flashed your rom, I cannot connect to Internet.

Neither by WiFi or HSDPA.

The network settings are all empty.

e.g.

When you turned on Wifi and find an access point, it will bring up a page for entering the passcode and choose "Connects to". But there is empty in the "Connects to" pull down menu.

I think thats why I cannot connect to Internet.

Could you please help?

Many many thanks.

Guest arunachalam

dear friend.nice work keep it up.but one think pl dont remove internet sharing.with that only I connect net on my pc.pl provide internetsharing.cab.rom memory is very good.please try to install Pocket internetexplorer 6 in your next build.related files available in pauls thread.if it success no need of opera.Thanking you.

Guest kurniawan
Thank you from france !! :) :(

Nice ROM :D I just re-add ST2 and Launcher, i like it especially the custom menu :(

Yet, i don't see if :

smsthread active or not, i dislike this feature !

xt9 language : should be (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)

Can you tell me what can i do with .NetCF ? :rolleyes: Can i remove it ?

Thank you again, great job !!

(sorry for my bad english)

Hi... i had the same idea of adding ST2 and Launcher (main menu i assume) with this rom. I was just wondering how Launcher looks like with this Clean ROM? Are there icons missing or are the links dead??

Guest Hendrickson
Hi... i had the same idea of adding ST2 and Launcher (main menu i assume) with this rom. I was just wondering how Launcher looks like with this Clean ROM? Are there icons missing or are the links dead??

No missing icons some links when click don't do anything like media album etc

Guest bluerider250
Hi

Hy. Try to make HR. after the rom flash. For me all working fine. This is the best rom i used until now. THANK YOU lufeig

The links are dead like Lufeig said :rolleyes:

about the shortcuts, they should be created when you installed the cabs, since i removed them when i stripped the rom, otherwise you would have invalid shortcuts when the apps were not installed.

About Opera

try to install opera b2520, which comes bundled with stock rom. the download link is available in this thread. strange tho, i have b2808 installed and it works perfectly for me, even displaying youtube videos. versions 15xxx also ran ok, no youtube videos tho.

I tried but it's the same, is it normal i dont have settings for the Opera connection ?

For GPS i got problem of connection too.(find&go).I'll try to modify registry i'll give you feedback.

TV and IE are ok !

Edited by zdhar

could you please let internet sharing in ? can be very useful and I don't think it should be large.

another thing is error reporting, while it's fine one can disable it, it's good to be able to report bugs in beta softwares.

I need it

i've read somewhere, i think xda-developers, that microsoft was not taking care of these reports. the service simply did not exist, although it exists in our devices. maybe it will work in the future. so that's why i disabled it.

Hi

The network settings are all empty.

e.g.

When you turned on Wifi and find an access point, it will bring up a page for entering the passcode and choose "Connects to". But there is empty in the "Connects to" pull down menu.

I think thats why I cannot connect to Internet.

Could you please help?

Many many thanks.

please re-flash. it also happened to me a couple of times with this rom when testing it.

dear friend.nice work keep it up.but one think pl dont remove internet sharing.with that only I connect net on my pc.pl provide internetsharing.cab.rom memory is very good.please try to install Pocket internetexplorer 6 in your next build.related files available in pauls thread.if it success no need of opera.Thanking you.

thanks, i'll consider your comment in my next release, but i can't promise anything. the goal of this rom is to be CLEAN, so if i have time i'll try to provide an internet sharing.cab. by now, ie6 mobile seems to be too buggy to be cooked in.

No missing icons some links when click don't do anything like media album etc

The links are dead like Lufeig said

links are dead because apps are not installed. Hendrickson, sorry if this is a dumb question, but did you install the apps (like media album)?

Edited by lufeig

Guest helladios

I would like to comment on all visitors of this thread, who request different things to be included in the ROM. Correctly, I think, Lufeig kept his ROM as clean as possible. This is the only reason many of us have used this ROM. I think that users who like this or that application to be included in the ROM, should either learn how to cook ROMs themselves, or pay someone to make a ROM for them... but, in any case, they should stop requesting in this thread. I cannot, of course, speak on behalf of Lufeig, but I can add my voice of concern about such requests - which sometimes are very inpolite also! The Internet is full of applications which do different things. Choose and install your own, or keep your phone as it came from Samsung. So, please... keep this ROM CLEAN and SIMPLE.

Guest bluerider250
I would like to comment on all visitors of this thread, who request different things to be included in the ROM. Correctly, I think, Lufeig kept his ROM as clean as possible. This is the only reason many of us have used this ROM. I think that users who like this or that application to be included in the ROM, should either learn how to cook ROMs themselves, or pay someone to make a ROM for them... but, in any case, they should stop requesting in this thread. I cannot, of course, speak on behalf of Lufeig, but I can add my voice of concern about such requests - which sometimes are very inpolite also! The Internet is full of applications which do different things. Choose and install your own, or keep your phone as it came from Samsung. So, please... keep this ROM CLEAN and SIMPLE.

You have absolutely right!!!! CLEEN ROM please :rolleyes:

Guest maury71
i've read somewhere, i think xda-developers, that microsoft was not taking care of these reports. the service simply did not exist, although it exists in our devices. maybe it will work in the future. so that's why i disabled it.

please re-flash. it also happened to me a couple of times with this rom when testing it.

thanks, i'll consider your comment in my next release, but i can't promise anything. the goal of this rom is to be CLEAN, so if i have time i'll try to provide an internet sharing.cab. by now, ie6 mobile seems to be too buggy to be cooked in.

links are dead because apps are not installed. Hendrickson, sorry if this is a dumb question, but did you install the apps (like media album)?

Media Album

http://rapidshare.com/files/174808786/Media_Album.rar

copy the folder and see which programs work

i'd like to add some words to my comment above.

i think that apps like "internet sharing" for omnia are not widely available for download, so it would be recommendable to provide a .cab file for those who need it.

i intend to do that, but i can't promise it. i have a real life too. at least, i want to have one! :rolleyes: and i learnt about this 'cooking thing' only 6 days ago... so please be patient! i'm just a wannabe junior chef.

regards, and thanks everybody!

Guest lastnikita

Hi lufeig, actually those reports are not for microsoft, but for beta softwares.

if they crash, YOU (not WM) can report them the log and it helps them to fix the app.

but I just checked and finally it's not removed in your rom, just disabled, so I could enable it without problem, nice :)

I still want internet sharing though !

@helladios: Would you also remove file explorer, calendar and outlook ? Be serious.

please people, stop asking for a clean rom when you don't know what it should be ah ah :(

I think a clean rom is one without Samsung additional stuff.

means you should better remove samsung keyboards (which are really memory and storage hungry) instead of a primordial light Microsoft part which can hardly be found anywhere else.. :rolleyes:

i'd like to add some words to my comment above.

i think that apps like "internet sharing" for omnia are not widely available for download, so it would be recommendable to provide a .cab file for those who need it.

i intend to do that, but i can't promise it. i have a real life too. at least, i want to have one! :rolleyes: and i learnt about this 'cooking thing' only 6 days ago... so please be patient! i'm just a wannabe junior chef.

regards, and thanks everybody!

Hi!

I'm almost complete with a tool that can automate custom ROM building tasks, like deleting files, and changing registry and initfllashfiles settings, copying directories, etc. The things missing from the program are tasks, that describe what to do, to remove shozu, widgets, etc., from the mobile. If you're interested please PM me.

SztupY

Guest kurniawan
The links are dead like Lufeig said :rolleyes:

O Sorry.... think i missed that part.

Is there any way to reconfigue these links??? For example... Using the Touchplayer icon/ link for my favorite S2P?

my small amount of knowledge does not allow me to make a working .cab from sys packages (internet sharing is one of them). :( :rolleyes:

internet sharing will be back in my next release. it takes approx 350kb, so i think it won't hurt! :)

Guest arunachalam

We also want clean rom.but internet sharing is a basic requirement.I am not having broadband.I used to connect thro mobile only.we are giving our feed back,thats all.what is the meaning of forum,to discuss,giving suggestion and requirements.keeping mum means that is not forum.why people are posting the roms in forum.what we enjoy others also should enjoy and making frienship worldwide.If you not like it you just bypass it.

Edited by arunachalam

Guest Alaster
ATTENTION: use GrandPrix 1.6.4!!! other version may even brick your phone!

for chinese input please download the csc file below.

in grandprix 1.6.4 select profile GRANDPRIX LV image, select only csc file and UNTICK phone bootloader update.

thanks secany for providing the DZHK1 csc and grandprix files!

i removed the streaming player and shozu files/references and inserted entries to disable other functions stated in first post...

GrandPrix 1.6.4 for XP and Vista

CSC DZHK1 for LFI cooked roms

I got no difference after I flashed this csc....

i don't use chinese sip, so sorry, i can't help you. i think this file worked out for the other user, because he asked for the file and made no complaints until now.

if it does not work for you, you should try the csc file provided by secany. it's supposed to work, but i never tried these myself.