CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest afarago

Thank you for the link, but there may be some problems either with HL2 version or the original settings with this HL1 Favourite Settings App, because I cannot choose the MP3 ringtones in Favourite Settings from the My Storage memory that I can choose from the normal settings.

I dont know if it is the same if the Favourite Settings is a part of the ROM itself, any experiences with this anyone?

Guest bobobird

No - I think it is hardcoded to the tones in the ROM.

Pretty predictable of SS developers - they think ahead but not enough...

Their prime aim it seems is to rush something out asap but not get it right and then push it out asap!

If anything is going to take people off the Omnia, it is this amateurish behaviour. But of course they are very new to WinMo (and MS paid them a very nice sum to take it on) so maybe with time...

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Guys,

I've tried several different roms and I like some of the stuff left in or at least cabs for them. I'm currently using Dr.Dot.

I know I don't want just 15m or 20 m left over, but what's the difference between having 65m usable and 85m or 95m????

A good contest for most left ram is fun, but does it leave us with a usable rom???

Not to rag on anyone, but I would like to know.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest afarago
Hi Guys,

I've tried several different roms and I like some of the stuff left in or at least cabs for them. I'm currently using Dr.Dot.

I know I don't want just 15m or 20 m left over, but what's the difference between having 65m usable and 85m or 95m????

A good contest for most left ram is fun, but does it leave us with a usable rom???

Not to rag on anyone, but I would like to know.

Ron...

This ROM is totally usable for me - i don't need most of the programs included in the original ROM, I install back some of them - Samsung Today 2, Office maybe, but onto My Storage instead of the RAM - and the extras I need: Resco Explorer, Inesoft Phone, etc., and even if I keep everything running paralelly in the background I still have enough free memory to run iGO or whatever I need.

So if I stuff 65 megs into the ram myself, I prefer to start with a whole lot of 100 megs or more free...

Again, for me this is the perfect choice of ROM so far.

Guest lutharigno
made a DXHL2 clean rom. couldn't test it yet, i will do it tonight, then i'll release it.

but i have:

storage: 157,98mb / 150,70 free

program: 96,59mb / 68,83 free

see u!

Great Job! This will be the first time i have tried one of your roms and can't wait!

good going Lufeig,

i havent had the time to do a full HL2 ROM, managed a HK3 PDA with HL2 phone.

Will have a look later and use Sztupy's HL2 app methinks.

Downloaded your new ROM, took 4 minutes, that is super quick for me. Thanks.

Oh, for anybody else, i have just posted a new topic, ROM Building for Dummies (i900), hope it helps somebody.

Thanx for the compilation. This is what i have been looking/waiting for. I wanted to try my hand in the kitchen :rolleyes:

@snaiper, if you have problems with internet connection, please follow the simple procedure described below:

1. tap START, SETTINGS, CONNECTIONS, OPERATOR SETTINGS.

2. the default operator should be GLOBE. you have to change it, so select SMART, SUN CELLULAR or ÃœMOBILE, then tap OK.

3. now if you wait a couple of seconds you'll see the "wait icon".

4. tap OPERATOR SEETINGS and select GLOBE again, then tap OK.

5. select CONNECTIONS icon and set your data connections up.

6. you should have your internet connections fully functional again!

please test it and post back if it worked for you. it always does for me!

Edited by lufeig

@snaiper, if you have problems with internet connection, please follow the simple procedure described below:

1. tap START, SETTINGS, CONNECTIONS, OPERATOR SETTINGS.

2. the default operator should be GLOBE. you have to change it, so select SMART, SUN CELLULAR or ÃœMOBILE, then tap OK.

3. now if you wait a couple of seconds you'll see the "wait icon".

4. tap OPERATOR SEETINGS and select GLOBE again, then tap OK.

5. select CONNECTIONS icon e set your data connections up.

6. you should have your internet connections fully functional again!

please test it and post back if it worked for you. it always does for me!

Hi,

Does it means that we can only use those operators ?

Thanks

Hi,

Does it means that we can only use those operators ?

Thanks

for me, I have to choose 'singtel' in order to get internet connectino works

I guess then you have to set back the gprs etc settings manually in order to get it work with your real operator?

i'm glad you made it!

wait a few minutes and you'll be able to surf internet using the latest Opera 9.5 b15233! i'm uploading the cab right now...

edit: opera download link added on first post!

Edited by lufeig

Guest shokka9

hey Lufeig..

do you use Sztupy's app??

I used it on a DXHL2 (all, except the CSC - which was DZHL2). I flashed it and it works fine, except one thing, nothing to do with ROM i think (M2D issue with Camera Album)

I too had to setup my net settings...

Anyway, when i downloaded your ROM, it came in parts as you said. I just used i900EXEcutor to pack them all up into an exe updater?

Did you know about that? I imagine so, you are ahead of me in the ROM building stakes. Just that the instructions you put in archive for Grand Prix were Samsung Engineer ones..

No mind, not an issue for me, just packed up and left as one file for now.

I think i had slightly less free memory than you in storage? Maybe my CSC the reason, as i removed everything out of except .netCF and FLash Lite3.1? Oh, and Tegic Keypad, that will be why we have different stats.

It's good this ROM building stuff??

i'm having problems to pack the files into .exe, so that's why i uploaded the three .bin parts

sorry, i didn't understand your question "It's good this ROM building stuff??"

english is not my primary language, sorry

Guest shokka9
sorry, i didn't understand your question "It's good this ROM building stuff??"

Just that what we are doing is good. Never thought it would be possible. Thats all Lufeig, you doing very well with English. Brazilian is much more difficult for me, so don't worry about it.

Thanks.

Guest Turb0wned

Lufeig. Unfortunately I wont be trying this rom out because my Omnia is up for sale. But you were by far my fav rom maker i hope maybe one day to can make roms for the touch hd!

Hi I am new here, I tried to flash using USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_XP.exe but never been able to detect the phone. I did uncheck the allow USB connection & also kill activesync process but after connect the cable & on the phone, it just go directly to normal function phone.

What I did wrong? please help. I want to try out Omnia without junks.

Thanks

Hi I am new here, I tried to flash using USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_XP.exe but never been able to detect the phone. I did uncheck the allow USB connection & also kill activesync process but after connect the cable & on the phone, it just go directly to normal function phone.

What I did wrong? please help. I want to try out Omnia without junks.

Thanks

And are you using XP or Vista? If under XP you may alternatively try to create an EXE Updater using i900_eXecutor (search for it in the forums). It's usually easier and safer to use that.

Guest 555enigma777

Hey LuFeIg is it possible for you to make an EXE for us chickens that do not dare to use GP or make an EXE on our own...?

THX for this ROM man!!!

Edited by 555enigma777