Help installing Manila2d please

Guest teslation

Guest teslation

Hello everyone, i got this file "OMNIA_i900DXHK2_PV05_M2D" its 91mb its supposed to be the manila2d rom,, its one file with yellow icon, i want to know what to do to install manila2d to my omnia? i just got my omnia yesterday.

i think i heared that people said that installing this file to the omnia makes the rom runs faster and more life battery than the other manual installing.... plus i saw some people saying that u got to disable cid or lock or something like that i dunno... but im sure i came to the right people here to help me :rolleyes:

please i need someone to help me.

post-464914-1229243033_thumb.jpg

Guest shokka9
Hello everyone, i got this file "OMNIA_i900DXHK2_PV05_M2D" its 91mb its supposed to be the manila2d rom,, its one file with yellow icon, i want to know what to do to install manila2d to my omnia? i just got my omnia yesterday.

please i need someone to help me.

Firstly, this update, will NOT work with Vista. The updater actually says XP in the title bar. So you have to run this thru an XP machine or thru VMware (can cause issues).

However, i think you have been misled, this file that you have is a ROM based on DXHK2 with manila2D cooked into, therefore you will NOT need to install manila2D, it is already there.

Seriously, please do not download these kinds of files without knowing what they are. You could of bricked your Omnia, if you didn't know what you were doing.

I used the newer version DXHK3-PV06 yesterday, looks like nice ROM, but it froze my Omnia after trying to install a keypad (Tegic black). I have to reflash Omnia to get it working again.

Good luck.

Guest teslation

thx mate for replying, but everybody is giving a good review about the v06 .. i know that i have v05 but i saw that thai page today that got the v06 so im gonna dl it, and replying to u about the xp thing. ummm since the file worked in vista so i think its allright, plus thats not an issue anyways, umm i wanted to ask u something. is it possible so u can Reset omnia after installing any rom to it? i mean what if anything happens or i wanted to get my old omnia like factory made again.. what do i have to do? is there like a reset or something or what?

Guest shokka9
thx mate for replying, but everybody is giving a good review about the v06 .. i know that i have v05 but i saw that thai page today that got the v06 so im gonna dl it, and replying to u about the xp thing. ummm since the file worked in vista so i think its allright, plus thats not an issue anyways, umm i wanted to ask u something. is it possible so u can Reset omnia after installing any rom to it? i mean what if anything happens or i wanted to get my old omnia like factory made again.. what do i have to do? is there like a reset or something or what?

Sorry, don't do messenger..

There is a PV07 ROM out too.

Anyways, if you know what you are doing, then feel free to do as you wish.

With regards going backward back to an original set up, nothing aparts from re-flashing the ROM you have there is nothing you can do.

Hard resetting only resets the current ROM you are using. Read Secanys thread in this ROM discussion section. The ROMS there are basically standard Samsung issue ROMs.

Good luck.