LED Notifications on Touch HD

Guest dunc

Am I missing something or are there no LED notifications on the Touch HD? Does this mean that you have to actually pick the phone up and bring it out of sleep mode just to see if you have missed any calls/emails/texts....Not great if that is the case IMHO

Guest billybear
Am I missing something or are there no LED notifications on the Touch HD? Does this mean that you have to actually pick the phone up and bring it out of sleep mode just to see if you have missed any calls/emails/texts....Not great if that is the case IMHO

There is a small notification LED in the ON button, but all notifications seem to be off in the default settings?

I've managed to enable some in phone settings but struggling to get all notifications to lite LED all of the time, also - must have another look when I got time!

There is a small notification LED in the ON button, but all notifications seem to be off in the default settings?

I've managed to enable some in phone settings but struggling to get all notifications to lite LED all of the time, also - must have another look when I got time!

Thanks for pointing that out Billybear....gosh yes it is small isn't it. Seems to have just one colour – green – which is off if there are no notifications and flashes if you have notifications. I have all my notifications set to flash indefinitely and this seems to work ok. I suspect it might flash red for low battery. But no blue for bluetooth or orange for charging as on previous HTC phones.

Guest billybear
Thanks for pointing that out Billybear....gosh yes it is small isn't it. Seems to have just one colour – green – which is off if there are no notifications and flashes if you have notifications. I have all my notifications set to flash indefinitely and this seems to work ok. I suspect it might flash red for low battery. But no blue for bluetooth or orange for charging as on previous HTC phones.

I do get orange when charging and solid green when fully charged, but no blue for bluetooth, as you say - which is a shame. I almost dont want to admit it, but, I tried for ages to get the LED to work by the earpiece - till I realised it was a light sensor which dims the display :rolleyes:

Guest madmackem

Any chance of sharing how you did it please, i like to have a quick check for messages missed calls etc instead of turning the phone on

cheers

Guest billybear
Any chance of sharing how you did it please, i like to have a quick check for messages missed calls etc instead of turning the phone on

cheers

1. Pick Settings tab/Sound/Advanced/Notifications

2. Choose the 'Event' that you want to add the LED notify for eg 'Messaging: new text message'

3. Tick box for 'Flash light for' and select 'No Limit'

add for any other events you want!

:rolleyes: