i have a question please

Guest teslation

Guest teslation

Hello im kinda new to roms and smartphones which i just got my omnia, but anyways...

im going to flash my omnia with this OMNIA__i900DXHK2_PV06_M2D cuz lots of people made a good review and i liked the screenshots. but the Question Starts here...>>>>>>

*What if i want to get my Old rom back. what if i want to make my phone like the 1st day i got? is there like a big reset or something? or i have to install the Original CE OS 5.2.20764 Build 20764.1.4.3 ? is that the thing that comes with the phone from the factory in the phone?

*Does flashing too much affect the phone? and are the roms the operating system of the phone? or just like themes?

thx a lot , waiting for ur pro answers...

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I'm not a pro at all, but I believe ROMs are not like themes, they are/contain the operating system. I've never flashed a ROM myself (because of that actually, I'm not that brave!), but that's my understanding of it.

Guest Hileotech
Hello im kinda new to roms and smartphones which i just got my omnia, but anyways...

im going to flash my omnia with this OMNIA__i900DXHK2_PV06_M2D cuz lots of people made a good review and i liked the screenshots. but the Question Starts here...>>>>>>

*What if i want to get my Old rom back. what if i want to make my phone like the 1st day i got? is there like a big reset or something? or i have to install the Original CE OS 5.2.20764 Build 20764.1.4.3 ? is that the thing that comes with the phone from the factory in the phone?

*Does flashing too much affect the phone? and are the roms the operating system of the phone? or just like themes?

thx a lot , waiting for ur pro answers...

Should you ever want to go back to your rom process isn't that complicated: you have to downgrade to a lower ROM (for italian users H1 or H5 is good) using GrandPrix and than you can easily upgrade to whichever ROM you want to.

Flashing in itself doesn't affect the phone: the point is that flashing ROM's, especially the "cooked" ones is always a bit risky of making your phone absolutely unusable (it means it won't even boot...). So: flashing is somehow an operation that might SERIOUSLY affect your phone.

I suppose you now can easily understand that ROMS are phone's "operating system" (I use quotes just because they are something more than OS) and not merely themes.

Cheers!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hileotech

Guest teslation

thx a lot mates,, and thx hiloetech :rolleyes: u rly helped,,, but said something about grandprix, is it a program or what? what does it do and if u can provide me links or tutorial ill be really gratefull :) thx!

Guest Hileotech
thx a lot mates,, and thx hiloetech :) u rly helped,,, but said something about grandprix, is it a program or what? what does it do and if u can provide me links or tutorial ill be really gratefull :( thx!

GrandPrix is a program... and ad far as I know is the onlyh way to do ROM downgrade. This means it has a "big power" and I really think you should think twice (and read alot) before using it :rolleyes: . Of course it's not H-bomb, but in the worse of the case you could really loose your phone.

I'm not on my PC, so I can't give you exact links. Anyway GrandPrix is developed and maintained by Xda-Developers community: you can easily find their forum by googleing. I think that even here in MoDaCo you could find some useful threads/links to GrandPrix.

Ah... forget about Google and GrandPrix... Unless you are interested in Formula 1, of course :(

B)

EDIT: found this thread in MoDaCo. Sound quite tricky, but just to show you there is not only Grand Prix to downgrade... :D

Edited by Hileotech