Issue synchronising / converting WAV files

Guest robbmasters

Guest robbmasters

I've been trying to copy WAV files on my PC to mp3s (or similar) on my PDA. This works fine, but not the way I'd like...

On my PC, my WAV files are all stored as...

- / - .wav

e.g. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours/01 Cut Copy - Feel The Love

If I sync these to my PDA via Windows Media Player, they all end up as

Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/ - .mp3

e.g. Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/01 Cut Copy - Feel The Love.mp3

i.e. the format is converted (good) but the folder structure is lost (bad).

On the other hand, if I drag and drop in Windows Explorer then the opposite happens: the folder structure is preserved (good) but the files copy over as WAVs (bad).

I could possibly handle losing the folder structure, if file renaming kept albums together, i.e. something like...

Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/ - - - .mp3

e.g. Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours - 01 Cut Copy - Feel The Love.mp3

Can anyone think of a way I can have my files converted between my PC and my PDA without losing all sense of an individual album? Is there a way to add an additional file conversion to the drag and drop method, for example?

Thanks.

Guest robbmasters

Well I thought I'd cracked it...

I connected my PDA to my PC as a disk drive, then used CDex to convert the WAV to MP3s, using the PDA as the destination drive and automatically recreating the same folder structure.

However, Windows Media Player on the PDA doesn't take any notice of folders, so they all get lumped in together in its library, making it tricky to play an album.

Even navigating to that album's folder doesn't help, as you can't cue up more than one file from File Explorer.

And while CDex can create playlists, it doesn't do so under these circumstances. (It also doesn't create ID tags for the MP3 files).

But the process seems sound. So maybe I just need a different conversion application...