VPN connection grabs multiple IP addresses

Guest the_beest

Guest the_beest

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my MDA Vario III / HTC Kaiser running WM6.0 when making a connection to my office VPN (PPTP). I have to connect to the VPN to access the Exchange server. However, my IT people tell me that the phone is grabbing multiple IP addresses, so many that they have to eventually kill my access to the VPN.

I stopped using Direct Push, but even when the phone is scheduled to connect every 15 mins, the problem still occurs.

Can anyone suggest what's going here, and what the solution might be?

Thanks,

Jon.

Guest the_beest
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my MDA Vario III / HTC Kaiser running WM6.0 when making a connection to my office VPN (PPTP). I have to connect to the VPN to access the Exchange server. However, my IT people tell me that the phone is grabbing multiple IP addresses, so many that they have to eventually kill my access to the VPN.

I stopped using Direct Push, but even when the phone is scheduled to connect every 15 mins, the problem still occurs.

Can anyone suggest what's going here, and what the solution might be?

Thanks,

Jon.

So I figured out what is going on. The VPN client is refusing to use DHCP, problem is I can't figure out why. Even when I change the registry setting EnableDHCP to 1, it flips back to 0 when it connects (obviously I have it set correctly in the usual set up screens). Any ideas?

Edited by the_beest