Orange Branded Omnia

Guest MaccJon

Guest MaccJon

Can anybody help i've an Orange Branded Omnia with Version PDA: i900XXHH1/ PHONE: i900BVHH1.

I have read on other forums regarding the Editing the following Registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value was BVHH1_HH1 altered it to read MSHH1_HH1).

When i check the registry on my Omnia i have no \CustomVersion folder or an values in the Version folder. i have tried to create the |CustomVersion and add the values but when i check as per the instructions which to use the version checker in Start\Settings\System its still i900BVHH1.

Has anybody any ideas as want to remove the Orange Branding.

Guest MaccJon
Can anybody help i've an Orange Branded Omnia with Version PDA: i900XXHH1/ PHONE: i900BVHH1.

I have read on other forums regarding the Editing the following Registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value was BVHH1_HH1 altered it to read MSHH1_HH1).

When i check the registry on my Omnia i have no \CustomVersion folder or an values in the Version folder. i have tried to create the |CustomVersion and add the values but when i check as per the instructions which to use the version checker in Start\Settings\System its still i900BVHH1.

Has anybody any ideas as want to remove the Orange Branding.

Hello

All Sorted, i created the CustomVersion Folder and copied the values from the Version Folder.

But still nothing when checking through start/settings/version still BVHH1.

Thought i would start the Vista Firmware Update Official up and it updated in no time, also no Orange Branding.

Guest MaccJon
yeah i was gonna day that orange rarely use firmware anymore they just use the samsung ones mine was xxhg5/mshg1 and now its xxhj4/mshj1

Can't believe how poor the Orange Branding is................................... So glad mine's gone.

ok thanks really hope you can help me i hate the orange branding and whats the best firmware to use HHk3 sounds good?

Edited by jutley

Guest MaccJon
ok thanks really hope you can help me i hate the orange branding and whats the best firmware to use HHk3 sounds good?

I used the official from Samsung. Works great. Got SPBShell running.

Hope it works.

Guest Rossyboy
Sending in 5mins.......................

Could you also send to me:) Have just taken delivery of a replacement phone from Orange after my first was lost - and this new one has lots and lots of horrible Orange branding that I would love to remove!

Step by step instructions would be fantastic to [email protected]

PDA Ver i900XXHH1/BVHH1

Phone Ver i900BVHH1

Thanks in adavance!!

Guest Pauldonnelly16
Could you also send to me:) Have just taken delivery of a replacement phone from Orange after my first was lost - and this new one has lots and lots of horrible Orange branding that I would love to remove!

Step by step instructions would be fantastic to [email protected]

PDA Ver i900XXHH1/BVHH1

Phone Ver i900BVHH1

Thanks in adavance!!

I have this same branding version on my phone and want to get rid of it! Could you forward on instructions to me at [email protected]?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Guest MaccJon
I have this same branding version on my phone and want to get rid of it! Could you forward on instructions to me at [email protected]?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Here is the way to debrand from Orange using Vista upgrading via XP is slightly different you need the Samsung modem driver.

I have sent you a link to a website which I used and the following is from there. Very useful tips there. I am jonflit user on that website.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussion/successfully-flashed-branded-orange-version-bvhh1-to-mshj1/

1. Go to the website:Xhttp://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp.Phone: i900XXHI5

2. For the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

3. Edit the following registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value on mine was BVHH1_HH1 I just altered it to read MSHH1_HH1)

Check this setting has been stored by using the version checker in Start\Settings\System

This is where I had to create the \CustomVersion folder in the Version folder then copy across the values and then change to MSHH1_HH1, when I check in the version via settings\system mine still read BVHH1.

I was advised also once changing the registry to turn off phone for at least 20secs.

4. Run the official updater.

If all goes correctly you should end up with the following versions:

PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

Phone: i900XXHI5

Guest Pauldonnelly16

Thanks for the help guys! Have now upgraded to a non-orange branded version and everything works fine! Can't believe how much software was missing because of the Orange crap! Almost like having a new phone now!! :rolleyes:

Guest smoothcrooner
Here is the way to debrand from Orange using Vista upgrading via XP is slightly different you need the Samsung modem driver.

I have sent you a link to a website which I used and the following is from there. Very useful tips there. I am jonflit user on that website.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussion/successfully-flashed-branded-orange-version-bvhh1-to-mshj1/

1. Go to the website:Xhttp://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp.Phone: i900XXHI5

2. For the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

3. Edit the following registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value on mine was BVHH1_HH1 I just altered it to read MSHH1_HH1)

Check this setting has been stored by using the version checker in Start\Settings\System

This is where I had to create the \CustomVersion folder in the Version folder then copy across the values and then change to MSHH1_HH1, when I check in the version via settings\system mine still read BVHH1.

I was advised also once changing the registry to turn off phone for at least 20secs.

Can you please tell me how do I get into the registry?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys .... after bricking my first phone trying to flash a custom rom onto my vodafone branded version, these instruction worked perfectly! i'm now a proud owner of one unbranded phone which is faster and has more memory. THANK YOU! and please would someone in the know write a guide for all us first timers :rolleyes:

Guest Junoman

Hi Guys,

Can we do it in the otherway?

Need to moved form i900DXHL3/DZHL5 (phone DXHL3) to i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1(PhoneXXHI5). Having tried aboveway, i did not see sucesss!! <_<

Please advise

J.

Hi Guys,

Can we do it in the otherway?

Need to moved form i900DXHL3/DZHL5 (phone DXHL3) to i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1(PhoneXXHI5). Having tried aboveway, i did not see sucesss!! <_<

Please advise

J.

if you are moving from region to another you need to hex edit the update program, this method only works with xx (UK) to xx (UK) roms

Guest Junoman
if you are moving from region to another you need to hex edit the update program, this method only works with xx (UK) to xx (UK) roms

Need clear explanation with the method please???

Thanks in advance

J.

Guest Junoman

Follow up to my previous e-mail!!

I need to switch between UK roms. Please advise?

But in case cann't we change the region with the use of following tool???

· Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

· With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

· Select 'Preconfiguration'

· Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

· Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

· Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

· Run update, and all should be well.

Cheers'

J.

ok guys...I read and read and read...I want to ask a single question, i have a omnia branded phone from vodafone uk...on my custom version i have ACHJ2...can i use the same method for unbranding my phone because i really hate this vodafone s***...Please...someone help me...and maybe can send me a pm whith the exact steps...please help...ty very much

Right this is what i did with my Vodafone UK version to de-brand it :D

1 - updated using the samsung site (this gave me the latest vodafone rom once done)

2 - download this program > http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/ and install onto your phone.

3 - run resco explorer, then close it and soft reset.

4 - download and unzip the file onto your phone.

5 - using resco explorer find and double click on the file version.reg (this will import the following >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Version]

"CustomVersion"="MSHH1" )

6 - put your phone into standby for 5 minutes

7 - go back to the samsung site and for the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

8 - run the update!

9 - Sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

Warning this only worked for me! I did not mess with any *# codes or anything like that because I was only changing the operator not the country :)

Oh and remember do so at your own risk ...... but as I said before this way should be bullet proof as you are using a offical update .......

P.S. I using vista :)

Version.zip