A few questions about blackjack 2 and data

Guest Anthrax

Guest Anthrax

ok so i've been wondering this for a long time and i decided that i would ask.

1) Does webcamera plus use data? (I think it doesn't, but i want to be sure)

2) is the wm6 to wm6.1 upgrade free?

Guest Kewlj1313

Upgrade is free I don't know what webcamera plus is!

you can find alot of info on www.myblackjack2.com the upgrade is also on there ;-) I would highly recommend the update!

Guest Anthrax

Yea, i already upgraded to 6.1 and i fell in love with my blackjack 2 all over again lol.

Webcamera plus basically makes your phone a webcam, it works through usb bluetooth internet, everything. i figured it didn't because it's not connecting to data when i turn it on, but it is searching for my computers ip, i figured this wouldn't need to be done. i doubt it was just needed re assurance.

another thing, after playing with the im on wm 6.1 i noticed i was connected with media net. i disabled the data connection, but when i got an im it re enabled it. is this using data or text? i know it uses data when connecting but the small amount is free correct? also, it never did this before the upgrade.

Guest thelostsoul

If you don't have a data plan, I recommend installing Modaco NoData. Its a program you can find on this board which allows you to quickly disable/enable the internet connection on the device.

However, WebCam Plus should not be using data. Just connect your device to activesync and it should only be communicating with your PC, not the internet.

Also, the builtin IM app (OZ Messenger) is supposed to use SMS only. It's not a very good program though, and it often has a huge delay when receiving messages. If you have internet, I recommend Palringo as a free alternative for messaging on your phone.