(i616) Trouble with GPS + Google Maps

Guest cgnxxxxx

Guest cgnxxxxx

Hey everyone,

I've managed to run the Full Application Unlock tool successfully, which allowed me to install the COM4 Modaco GPS Activator.

I've selected COM4 at 192k baud rate in Google Maps, but it won't connect for some reason. I've tried this with several other GPS software as well.

The error is "No GPS Receiver was found"

Any information is much appreciated.

I am running WM 6.1, by the way.

Guest cgnxxxxx

Update: I've installed GPSID and configured it for COM4 9600 Baud and "manage automatically".

I've installed GPStest.

Still nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Guest tony ma

me too, the same problem. I am using Fido .

Update: I've installed GPSID and configured it for COM4 9600 Baud and "manage automatically".

I've installed GPStest.

Still nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Guest darklordofthesith

yes i am having the problems with it too. i have win mo 6.1 and i cant for the life of me get the hack to work. i have garmin mobile and cant seem to get the gps to turn on. i can use it in google maps but nothing else. please help!

Edited by darklordofthesith

Guest armaknyc

I have a Samsung BJ-II and AT&T Wireless 3G services. Voice and Internet data are working, e.g., Google Maps with its cellular signal locator are working. But GPS with Google Maps is not working.

Both before and after upgrading from Windows Mobile 6.0 to 6.1, Google Maps/Use GPS can seek but can not acquire GPS sats.

The hack does not seem to help. In fact, Menu/Options/GPS Settings/Managed by Windows at least allows the GPS receiver to be found and the seeking mode to run, although no sats are acquired even when there are no line of sight obstructions. I can't tell which COM and frequency "Managed by Windows" is choosing. Does anyone know how one can tell which COM and frequency are being selected? Does anyone know which frequency is the right one?

Menu/Options/GPS Settings/Maunal leads to "No GPS receiver was found" for any COM and frequency setting, although choosing COM3 seems to lead to a GPS initializtion sequence, but it fails.

Does anyone know of a fix for these symptoms, or a diagnostic to see if the GPS receiver is working at all (i.e., if it is a hardware problem)?

Guest darklordofthesith

yeah, i have the same problem. i also posted in the forum but am waiting for an answer for this problem also. im stuck just like you guys. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest modem_over

same thing here. without using the gps hack i am able to get gps to work in Google maps if i use att navigator first to initialize the gps then use Google with the settings on automatic. i think its an issue with the way the gps chip has to be initialized. im gonna look and see if the gps test app will work.