RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest Jeanne8fr
Calling all hackers here :D I just looked inside DXHL3 phone .bin and it all looks like a bunch of C code with debug info :) Did search for strings like "wcdma", "umts" and "2100" and near those noticed a lot of references to wcdma and umts 1900, 1800, 850 and such. So I believe the original code has all the references for 850/1900 bands. The problem is to disassemble it (which should not be hard without any compression, protection and with all debug info) and patch to initialize our bands instead of 2100. Unfortunetely my knowledge of hacking ends here, so anyone can look into this? At least prove or disprove the idea of hacking it?

Can you post the Phone.bin somewhere?

Thanks,

Jeannette

Guest t_comer
I have seen several references to the Omnia SGH-i908 as a 3.5G version of the Omnia. Apparently, from this website, its available in Hong Kong. Does it offer anything we can use on the i900?

http://hk.samsungmobile.com/ENG/mobile/SGH-I908

If we had a complete image for this phone - sure. It's the same problem - we don't have a phone.bin from any of the NAM-compatible 3G i90x. I guess everybody's waiting for first update for i907, i900i or i908 to get the radio part from the flashable image.

Guest t_comer
If we had a complete image for this phone - sure. It's the same problem - we don't have a phone.bin from any of the NAM-compatible 3G i90x. I guess everybody's waiting for first update for i907, i900i or i908 to get the radio part from the flashable image.

hmm... can anyone confirm that i908 has what we are looking for, i.e. UMTS850/1900? It looks like ROM can be found, but I doubt very much that there's any difference in radio part. That phone was released in SA market where 3G goes over same UMTS2100 that i900 has...

Guest lionheartk

I have the phone still, we needed to find out how to dump it correctly, in a way it can be thorn apart, cooked and re-flashed, inclusing the phone bin part. Anyone????

Guest t_comer
I have the phone still, we needed to find out how to dump it correctly, in a way it can be thorn apart, cooked and re-flashed, inclusing the phone bin part. Anyone????

I am trying to make QPST work with my i900. Unsuccessful so far. I wanted to check if we can dump/compare radio parameters of our phones. You have i900L, correct? From what I've read so far it may not be the right phone to re-flash to i900 since it has extra hardware. Lokks like i907 is a better candidate.

I did reconstruct it lion, but it doesnt have the radio part.

Another thing I tried was to put the i900L configurations for the 850 band on the i900 2100 band configurations. the result was: neither bands work.

I really believe that we cannot make the i900 work on 850 band just because it doesnt have the right hardware for it.

• 3 weeks later...
any updates?

No :)

The i900 wont work on 850 3g band.

I changed my i900 phone configuration for the 2100 band to exactly the configuration for the 850 band on my i900L.

Results, it doesn't work 850 nor 2100.

The only way to get it, is buying a i900L :D

sorry guys

No :(

The i900 wont work on 850 3g band.

I changed my i900 phone configuration for the 2100 band to exactly the configuration for the 850 band on my i900L.

Results, it doesn't work 850 nor 2100.

The only way to get it, is buying a i900L B)

sorry guys

I refuse to believe that. I thought we were having trouble with the phone radio rom? What settings are you trying? I remember in the old US 3G thread, they tried changing all sorts of settings through software, but nothing made any difference.

I refuse to believe that. I thought we were having trouble with the phone radio rom? What settings are you trying? I remember in the old US 3G thread, they tried changing all sorts of settings through software, but nothing made any difference.

The settings I uploaded here, (the avi files).

Well, if it did not make any difference, so why it stops working othe 2100 band when I put the 850 settings on it?

As I showed here before, including the pictures I took from both main boards, the i900L has two components more than the i900. one for the band 850 and the other for the band 1900. It is also a little bit bigger than the regular i900. (The i900 battery cover doesnt even fit the i900L phone).

So, its clear that the i900L has a different hardware. Without the hardware, there's nothing you can do...

The settings I uploaded here, (the avi files).

Well, if it did not make any difference, so why it stops working othe 2100 band when I put the 850 settings on it?

As I showed here before, including the pictures I took from both main boards, the i900L has two components more than the i900. one for the band 850 and the other for the band 1900. It is also a little bit bigger than the regular i900. (The i900 battery cover doesnt even fit the i900L phone).

So, its clear that the i900L has a different hardware. Without the hardware, there's nothing you can do...

You said they were amplifier chips though? They are only responsible for singal amplification, correct? Doesn't that imply the i900 has the hardware necessary to use the bands, it just wont have the same amplification for said bands?

You said they were amplifier chips though? They are only responsible for singal amplification, correct? Doesn't that imply the i900 has the hardware necessary to use the bands, it just wont have the same amplification for said bands?

Yes, they are different.. well, i uploaded sooner in this post the data sheet for each amps. And you'll find uploaded here also the pictures for the i900 motherboard and the i900 motherboard.

Ok guys, you won, seaman got the i900L rom from peru and colombia. I'll flash the i900L rom into my i900 phone and hope it'll not brick, then I can tell you if the 3g bands work or not.. and if the gsm bands still work or not.

I'll let you know the results.

Im making a cooked rom for the i900L users. You can check also sea_man thread for the links.

Better not to flash with i900L to your i900 as it will brick your phone most probably if the HW parts are diff.

Done,

the i900 phone works great with the i900L rom.. you don't even know it's a different rom.. and, of course, it just work with 2100 3g networks.. (I tried to get signal inside, outside, everywhere in the house). The i900 will just work with 2100 bands.

Maybe the amps are vital for getting a signal on omnia.. maybe our friend psid could help us with the configs and make the 850 configs get at least a low signal.. well.. I tried everything.

If someone want to try it in USA with ATT (they say it has better signal), here is the phone.bin part:

http://www.4shared.com/file/87881632/e28947da/Phone.html

Well, I doubt it would ever work, 'cause claro network here has a good signal for the 850 3g band. But, everybody can give a try (It wont brick the phone)

Just flash it using GrandPrix. Leave blank the boxes where you must choose the PDA, the CSC and the EBOOT.

Chose de phone.bin on the PHONE box.

Leave the "update boot something" box unchecked.

Do not choose anything on the (PDA+CSC+PHONE) button.

And flash it using windows XP.

It will work normaly, but will not give you access to others 3g bands.

If you want to verify the phone.bin configs are really there, just type on the phone keyboard: *#197328640# and then choose option 4

you'll se 6 umts options (2 for each band: 2100, 1900 and 850)

and let us know !!!

Done,

the i900 phone works great with the i900L rom.. you don't even know it's a different rom.. and, of course, it just work with 2100 3g networks.. (I tried to get signal inside, outside, everywhere in the house). The i900 will just work with 2100 bands.

Maybe the amps are vital for getting a signal on omnia.. maybe our friend psid could help us with the configs and make the 850 configs get at least a low signal.. well.. I tried everything.

If someone want to try it in USA with ATT (they say it has better signal), here is the phone.bin part:

http://www.4shared.com/file/87881632/e28947da/Phone.html

Well, I doubt it would ever work, 'cause claro network here has a good signal for the 850 3g band. But, everybody can give a try (It wont brick the phone)

Just flash it using GrandPrix. Leave blank the boxes where you must choose the PDA, the CSC and the EBOOT.

Chose de phone.bin on the PHONE box.

Leave the "update boot something" box unchecked.

Do not choose anything on the (PDA+CSC+PHONE) button.

And flash it using windows XP.

It will work normaly, but will not give you access to others 3g bands.

If you want to verify the phone.bin configs are really there, just type on the phone keyboard: *#197328640# and then choose option 4

you'll se 6 umts options (2 for each band: 2100, 1900 and 850)

and let us know !!!

If I try this, how can I get my phone back to what it was. Right now pda DXHK3/DZHK3 and phone DXHK3. I have At&t and would love 3G speeds. Thanks

Guest Turb0wned

I think it might just be time to say the i900 wont ever work on the 850 nor the 1900 band. I got myself a HTC Touch HD, then sold it and came to the conclusion that if you live in the usa and use internet and watch videos on your phone the best phone for us is the iphone. I hate to say it but we just dont get the stuff that other parts of the world get.

Guest ronaldb3

OK I'm going to try.

I have downloaded phone.bin and now have Phone: i900LUPHJ2

I am on AT&T US.

I have changed phone settings/more/Band Selection to GSM 850/1900.

So now how do I tell if I am getting 3G or just what I had before at 2G-edge on using IE???

Ron...

Guest IllestAzN
OK I'm going to try.

I have downloaded phone.bin and now have Phone: i900LUPHJ2

I am on AT&T US.

I have changed phone settings/more/Band Selection to GSM 850/1900.

So now how do I tell if I am getting 3G or just what I had before at 2G-edge on using IE???

Ron...

Instead of an E icon by the signal bar, it should light up an 3G icon by there.

Guest ronaldb3
Instead of an E icon by the signal bar, it should light up an 3G icon by there.

That's what I thought. But there is no extra symbol at all, but it still seems fast.

But what did change is that the phone "bubble" says "Media net (GPRS)" and before it said "Media net (EDGE)"

So I'm still confused.

Ron...

That's what I thought. But there is no extra symbol at all, but it still seems fast.

But what did change is that the phone "bubble" says "Media net (GPRS)" and before it said "Media net (EDGE)"

So I'm still confused.

Ron...

Did you also enable HSDPA in the connections settings menu?

Guest ronaldb3
Did you also enable HSDPA in the connections settings menu?

Yes, Hsdpa "enable" checked.

Is this good or bad? I don't understand this setting, I guess.

Ron...