RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest IllestAzN
Yes, Hsdpa "enable" checked.

Is this good or bad? I don't understand this setting, I guess.

Ron...

Well what does the icon say when your connected to the internet? Yes HSDPA has to be enabled.

Guest ropucha
OK I'm going to try.

I have downloaded phone.bin and now have Phone: i900LUPHJ2

I am on AT&T US.

I have changed phone settings/more/Band Selection to GSM 850/1900.

So now how do I tell if I am getting 3G or just what I had before at 2G-edge on using IE???

Ron...

Shouldn't you select UMTS 850/1900 instead of GSM 850/1900?

Guest ronaldb3
Shouldn't you select UMTS 850/1900 instead of GSM 850/1900?

I think that might be it. I have never seen a "UMTS" as a band choice for my AT&T-US on any of several Roms (official and cooked) I have used. Strange, as AT&T has 3G and I have a data plan.

Ron...

I think that might be it. I have never seen a "UMTS" as a band choice for my AT&T-US on any of several Roms (official and cooked) I have used. Strange, as AT&T has 3G and I have a data plan.

Ron...

I don't think you'll be able to "select" the UMTS bands. Either this flash enabled them, or it didn't. You might also try setting them using the special commands that were given in the original 3g thread....I have no idea what they are, or if they're relevant, but people seemed to think they were. maybe they'll make a difference with this ROM?

Also, you still haven't answered the question of what symbol you see in the taskbar when you establish a data connection, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious.

Guest ronaldb3
I don't think you'll be able to "select" the UMTS bands. Either this flash enabled them, or it didn't. You might also try setting them using the special commands that were given in the original 3g thread....I have no idea what they are, or if they're relevant, but people seemed to think they were. maybe they'll make a difference with this ROM?

Also, you still haven't answered the question of what symbol you see in the taskbar when you establish a data connection, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious.

I was waiting until tonight late to look at the symbol again. I thought there was no extra symbol last night. But this morning I got the "E" for edge. Maybe I was just fried (me, not the phone) last night. :(

Ron...

Guest rob_jes

I'm also on AT&T US. I flashed the i900L phone.bin provided by alinez. When i go to Root Debug i can only see WCDMA800 and WCDMA1900 options. I don't see WCDMA2100 .Home screen taskbar i see E(dge). I can browse using Edge. In my area we don't have 3G yet. Over the weekend i will be going to my friend's place where there is 3G. I will give it a test there.

One another thing that i noticed with the new phone bin is that i see E only when i make a data connection. Earlier i used to have the E always and when i made a data connection the antenna next to signal bars would change to E. With this phone bin the wireless manager shows disconnected.

Edited by rob_jes

I'm also on AT&T US. I flashed the i900L phone.bin provided by alinez. When i go to Root Debug i can only see WCDMA800 and WCDMA1900 options. I don't see WCDMA2100 .Home screen taskbar i see E(dge). I can browse using Edge. In my area we don't have 3G yet. Over the weekend i will be going to my friend's place where there is 3G. I will give it a test there.

One another thing that i noticed with the new phone bin is that i see E only when i make a data connection. Earlier i used to have the E always and when i made a data connection the antenna next to signal bars would change to E. With this phone bin the wireless manager shows disconnected.

Keep us up to date! so your wireless manager shows disconnected, but you are still able to use the internet/data?

I to am having problems extracting.

Lancez, can you provide the link for your unlocking of 3G? I couldn't find the thread. You can also send it me seperately if you would prefer.

Guest rob_jes
Keep us up to date! so your wireless manager shows disconnected, but you are still able to use the internet/data?

Actually, what i meant was that i get the E icon only when i have an active data connection. With the i900 roms i would have the E icon always even when i don't have an active data connection.

Lancez, can you provide the link for your unlocking of 3G? I couldn't find the thread. You can also send it me seperately if you would prefer.

i have read about some of the guys over XDA who unlocked 3G on their HTC devices, it was a while ago. but after several serious errors i had to reformat my computer, so i lost everything even the saved pages. was trying to find that thread, but with no luck at all. i'll see what i can do to find it later......but dont count on me :(

I think it might just be time to say the i900 wont ever work on the 850 nor the 1900 band. I got myself a HTC Touch HD, then sold it and came to the conclusion that if you live in the usa and use internet and watch videos on your phone the best phone for us is the iphone. I hate to say it but we just dont get the stuff that other parts of the world get.

Well, The i900L is a great phone with worldwide 3g :(

I love it!!! Much better than iphone.

OK I'm going to try.

I have downloaded phone.bin and now have Phone: i900LUPHJ2

I am on AT&T US.

I have changed phone settings/more/Band Selection to GSM 850/1900.

So now how do I tell if I am getting 3G or just what I had before at 2G-edge on using IE???

Ron...

You did wrong, the phone/settings you did, thats for the 2g networks.

Change it to WCDMA, restart the phone and go around with it to see if somewhere, sometime, you get a signal..

With the settings WCDMA enabled, you'll have no signal if the 3g network is not available.

When you get a 3g signal, you'll see the icon 3g on the antenna bar.

Hi, the 2100 configs are the first two (they're not written 2100 but it is).

To be sure if your phone will work with 850 3g after flashing the i900L ROM on it:

1. go to an outdoor place, where you're sure att 3g network works really fine (Cause, if you get any signal using the i900 phone, it will be very low. The i900 phone doesnt have the amplifier as the i900L does).

2. go to "settings" "phone" "more" " band selection" and choose WCDMA. then "ok" "ok".

3. Restart the phone.

-If you get any signal, anytime, even if it comes and looses signal quickly (if you see even for a second the 3g icon on the antenna bar) then we can be able to have 850 3g.

-If you dont get any signal at all, then the only way to get 3g from an omnia phone is getting a i900L.

Guest rob_jes

I too have the same report: i900 3G will not work with AT&T. I had put the phone in WCDMA mode as advised by alinez and tried at two different locations which had 3G service. i900 wasn't able to pick up any signal.

I think i will have to now think of dumping my Omnia and getting another phone. Omnia ATT 3G is now RIP unless someone finds something new.

Edited by rob_jes

Guest IllestAzN
I too have the same report: i900 3G will not work with AT&T. I had put the phone in WCDMA mode as advised by alinez and tried at two different locations which had 3G service. i900 wasn't able to pick up any signal.

I think i will have to now think of dumping my Omnia and getting another phone. Omnia ATT 3G is now RIP unless someone finds something new.

I hear ya out rob_jes, I think I'm going to wait for the Omnia HD to come out and than purchase it since it be able to suppost one of the US 3G bands. Unless there is a better phone with US 3G support than that then I would wait for it to come out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iorggy
Hi, the 2100 configs are the first two (they're not written 2100 but it is).

To be sure if your phone will work with 850 3g after flashing the i900L ROM on it:

1. go to an outdoor place, where you're sure att 3g network works really fine (Cause, if you get any signal using the i900 phone, it will be very low. The i900 phone doesnt have the amplifier as the i900L does).

2. go to "settings" "phone" "more" " band selection" and choose WCDMA. then "ok" "ok".

3. Restart the phone.

-If you get any signal, anytime, even if it comes and looses signal quickly (if you see even for a second the 3g icon on the antenna bar) then we can be able to have 850 3g.

-If you dont get any signal at all, then the only way to get 3g from an omnia phone is getting a i900L.

Hi, do you think I could install your phone.bin on an Omnia i900L with an i900 rom (DXIA5, official from the singapore site) to restore the 3G (3.5) connectivity that I seem to have lost. I flashed my Omnia a few weeks ago suspecting that something like this could happen. (previously was- Claro Argentina- PDA: i900LVCHJ3/VCHJ3 Phone:i900LVCHJ3 ? Thanks.

Guest alinez
Hi, do you think I could install your phone.bin on an Omnia i900L with an i900 rom (DXIA5, official from the singapore site) to restore the 3G (3.5) connectivity that I seem to have lost. I flashed my Omnia a few weeks ago suspecting that something like this could happen. (previously was- Claro Argentina- PDA: i900LVCHJ3/VCHJ3 Phone:i900LVCHJ3 ? Thanks.

Yes, it will work fine, you can mix the phone.bin form an i900L and any other i900 PDA.bin and it will be fine. I did it with mine Just do it using XP and grandprix.

Guest alinez
I hear ya out rob_jes, I think I'm going to wait for the Omnia HD to come out and than purchase it since it be able to suppost one of the US 3G bands. Unless there is a better phone with US 3G support than that then I would wait for it to come out.

Ok

So, i900 will never work with ATT network.

the i900L works. And it is a great phone

the new i900 HD will not have 850mhz band.. maybe the latin market version will.

If you want an omnia working with Att 3g, you'll have to buy a i900L.

I can get you guys here in Brazil a i900L for who want it, but its expensive (as all kind of electronics here in South America are expensive).

The network carrier who sells the i900L version here is Claro, and sell it for R$1890,00 (about USD 860,00) unless you make a 18 months contract with them (whih lowers a little bit the price). It comes network locked and in Brazilian Portuguese. It has also 1 year warranty. But I already unlocked mine and put an english rom on it (without changing the phone.bin part).

So, if anyone wants it, I can get the phone and send to you guys.

Just let me know

Guest alinez
Yes, it will work fine, you can mix the phone.bin form an i900L and any other i900 PDA.bin and it will be fine. I did it with mine Just do it using XP and grandprix.

Guest iorggy

Thanks Alinez, Tried it from within Vista first but it was no-go. Did it right now with XP & GPrix and all was fine. Used the VMHK1 phone.bin posted by seaman (many thanks to him as well). Do you have at hand the version of the phone bin you uploaded?

Edited by iorggy

Guest IllestAzN
Ok

So, i900 will never work with ATT network.

the i900L works. And it is a great phone

the new i900 HD will not have 850mhz band.. maybe the latin market version will.

If you want an omnia working with Att 3g, you'll have to buy a i900L.

I can get you guys here in Brazil a i900L for who want it, but its expensive (as all kind of electronics here in South America are expensive).

The network carrier who sells the i900L version here is Claro, and sell it for R$1890,00 (about USD 860,00) unless you make a 18 months contract with them (whih lowers a little bit the price). It comes network locked and in Brazilian Portuguese. It has also 1 year warranty. But I already unlocked mine and put an english rom on it (without changing the phone.bin part).

So, if anyone wants it, I can get the phone and send to you guys.

Just let me know

Yeah about that I price, hopefully the Omnia HD is released before summer. I am eager to try out the 1900mhz 3G band on the US when it's release.

Guest alinez
Yeah about that I price, hopefully the Omnia HD is released before summer. I am eager to try out the 1900mhz 3G band on the US when it's release.

the omnia HD will be symbian, not Windows Mobile.. that sucks a lot!!!