RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Hi, Jeanette,

I am from brazil too, and I can try to reconstruct this duped rom and flash it into my omnia from singapore.

so that I can check if it works with 850 3g (here I can get the 850 from CLARO, and the 2100 from VIVO). So, I could help you guys.

I was reading the article "how to reconstruct..." and it seems that I need a lager OS.nb file from another rom to use as shell. How can I get one from omnia?

thanks

Guest lionheartk

Trough trial and error on the executor haha.

But I think there is something wrong.

Anyway, I hard reseted the i900L and dumped all 4 files, I'm uploading it and will replace the main file on the first post. That should be enough for lufeig to nail it.

Guest Jeanne8fr

Hi Alinez,

At the moment I have no clue how to deal with the raw files and how to flash them. I will read up on it the next few days. I am hoping that Luheig will take care of it. I saw on Modaco that he created some custom roms so it looks like he is very knowledgable.

I think if it's possible , he will do it.

The plan is to flash only the phone rom and see if that opens the bands. I think it should as I can't imagine that samsung would make a separate radio for the USA market. That's what some of us think but we won't know until we try.

If you can figure out how to do it, great. The more people work on this, the faster it will be resolved. I guess you would be happy to get the 3G open too if you have a singapore omnia.

Let talk over the next few days and discuss our findings. I think the key is to convert the radio part01.raw file into a phone.bin and flash it using 'Mirage_LV'. I have downloaded the program and it looks like you can open only the phone.bin and flash it without flashing the pda part.

I don't know how to convert the raw into bin at this point.

Jeannette

Hi, Jeanette,

I am from brazil too, and I can try to reconstruct this duped rom and flash it into my omnia from singapore.

so that I can check if it works with 850 3g (here I can get the 850 from CLARO, and the 2100 from VIVO). So, I could help you guys.

I was reading the article "how to reconstruct..." and it seems that I need a lager OS.nb file from another rom to use as shell. How can I get one from omnia?

thanks

Guest eduuuuu
@lufeig cool man, legal ter um conterraneo no forum, eu precisava de umas aulas pra cozinhar meu rom tb hehe.

And yours is displaying the 3G icon because TIM and VIVO work on the 2100mhz WCDMA frequency. Claro needs 850mhz.

some info guys... Claro in Brazil works with 850mhz in most of the states. but, some few cities/regions work with 2100mhz. Example: Curitiba, Santa Catarina, Manaus, and some others.

Guest lionheartk

I am in Santa Catarina right now for holidays and its working perfectly. Was also working on 850mhz in Sao Paulo. Shame I didn't bring the regular i900 with me to test :rolleyes:

Anyway, another update. I hard resetted the phone and re-dumped all partitions, then uploaded them again, first post was updated, everything is there. Lufeig and others, have fun ;-)

I am also doing my research here....

Good luck for us!

some info guys... Claro in Brazil works with 850mhz in most of the states. but, some few cities/regions work with 2100mhz. Example: Curitiba, Santa Catarina, Manaus, and some others.

It seems that only the part02.raw is used.. I extracted all its contents, but yet I dont know how to make it a flasheable bin or exe. Tried the htc tutorial, the passoa how to cook, but aways missing files...

Guest Jeanne8fr

alinez,

I am at the same place. I used the i900kitchen and looked at the i780 one also. Extracted the part02.raw to a 'dump' folder.

Don't know what to do next. Where is the phone part?. how do you get 'phone.bin'?...?????

I downloaded a couple of 'phone.bin'. They are 16mb in size. How are they made?... Mystery so far.

That's why there a chefs... and there are sous-chefs I guess.

Lufeig will know what to do. He makes custom roms. I have faith in him.

Jeannette

It seems that only the part02.raw is used.. I extracted all its contents, but yet I dont know how to make it a flasheable bin or exe. Tried the htc tutorial, the passoa how to cook, but aways missing files...
Edited by Jeanne8fr

I found this;

Here step by step:

- Downlad and install the kitchen

- Copy Part02.raw into the kitchen folder

- Open cmd and type: ImgfsToDump Part02.raw (This will create dump folder)

- Execute RecreateBin.exe

You got your bin file!!!! :rolleyes:

this extracts part02.raw

Edited by cpiddy

I found this;

Here step by step:

- Downlad and install the kitchen

- Copy Part02.raw into the kitchen folder

- Open cmd and type: ImgfsToDump Part02.raw (This will create dump folder)

- Execute RecreateBin.exe

You got your bin file!!!! :)

this extracts part02.raw

I tried that already, the problem with the recereatebin.bat file is that it's made for another samsung model and uses other filenames, so it gives error doing that... I googled "part02.rar and i900" on google, but could not find much. I found somethings very usefull but for HTC... Here at modaco someone got it from i900, but did not explain how... so.. I feel powerless with the raw files, maybe if we could get a img file dumped without errors... Today I went to the Claro store and played a little with the phone, it does have the 850 and the 2100 bands for sure, it detects both claro (850) and vivo (2100) 3g networks. (they claim to have the 1900 too, but its not used here in Brazil) I almost switched their phone with mine and went home hehehhehe.. I'm thinking about buying one from Claro or Tim.

wish someone help ussss :rolleyes:

Guest Jeanne8fr

I have been researching this for 3 days now. It looks to me that it's not possible to dump the radio part from an existing phone. No one has done it yet for any phone. I even found some post saying that it was impossible to do with the new radios. What they have been doing is extracting the radio (phone.bin) from the firmware upgrade when they come along. What we have dumped from Lionheartk's phone is only the PDA part.

It's possible that we may have to wait for the first Brazilian upgrade to show up and then put the radio only on our phones.

There is a new version of the firmware that was just leaked. (HL2). I would expect this to go on the various samsung sites sometimes in the next few weeks so that users can upgrade their phones. It will be easy to get the radio out of that and flash it.

Anyway, I hope somebody will prove me wrong soon.

Jeannette

I tried that already, the problem with the recereatebin.bat file is that it's made for another samsung model and uses other filenames, so it gives error doing that... I googled "part02.rar and i900" on google, but could not find much. I found somethings very usefull but for HTC... Here at modaco someone got it from i900, but did not explain how... so.. I feel powerless with the raw files, maybe if we could get a img file dumped without errors... Today I went to the Claro store and played a little with the phone, it does have the 850 and the 2100 bands for sure, it detects both claro (850) and vivo (2100) 3g networks. (they claim to have the 1900 too, but its not used here in Brazil) I almost switched their phone with mine and went home hehehhehe.. I'm thinking about buying one from Claro or Tim.

wish someone help ussss :rolleyes:

Guest gasolara2002

I'm not from brazil and i'm not much of an expert but i think if you take all the other versions that samsung has came out with here in the US such as the Samsung Behold i919 for T-mobile USA then you might can look and examine the radio settings on that one then you might be able to unlock the 1700 network for t-mobile usa. I know the dev-team is about to piss of steve jobs by unlocking the 3g radio in the iphone 3g.

Guest jakeordie
I have been researching this for 3 days now. It looks to me that it's not possible to dump the radio part from an existing phone. No one has done it yet for any phone. I even found some post saying that it was impossible to do with the new radios. What they have been doing is extracting the radio (phone.bin) from the firmware upgrade when they come along. What we have dumped from Lionheartk's phone is only the PDA part.

It's possible that we may have to wait for the first Brazilian upgrade to show up and then put the radio only on our phones.

There is a new version of the firmware that was just leaked. (HL2). I would expect this to go on the various samsung sites sometimes in the next few weeks so that users can upgrade their phones. It will be easy to get the radio out of that and flash it.

Anyway, I hope somebody will prove me wrong soon.

Jeannette

Dumping the radio ROM is a different process than cooking PDA ROMs. Here's where I got to before I decided it was over my n00b head;

XDA thread regarding HTC radio ROM

More about Qualcomm QPST tool

I don't know if this tool will work or not. I don't know the answers to more questions about dumping the radio ROM. I do know that you will brick your phone if you don't know more about the process. Just pointing you in the right direction if you are keen to persevere with this project.

im wondering if someone in brazil could call samsung brazil and tell them their phone will only boot to the load up screen and see if they could d/l the img from samsung somewhere?!?!?

im wondering if someone in brazil could call samsung brazil and tell them their phone will only boot to the load up screen and see if they could d/l the img from samsung somewhere?!?!?

The phone is pretty new here, if something goes wrong, they'll send you to samsung repair service center with the brazilian receipt of purchase... They wont give us the rom unless someone's friend works for a service repaire center and kidnly ask for it :rolleyes:

Hey people, looking around here I found something pidsw wrote:

One more possibltiy is that there are some settings in the admin panel.

I.e. see this post:

>>>>>

I'm starting to believe it might actually be possible to tweak existing radio firmware to unlock UMTS 850/1900Mhz bands using already embedded secret debug menu from Samsung developers, rather than having to dump it, reverse it, patch and flash back. Here is the secret code to access Root Debug Menu on Omnia: *#197328640#

Option #4 "UMTS rf nv" has sub-option "umts rf nv write", which I think allows to modify the active UMTS bands in the radio. Assuming we have that set correctly, option #9 "Common" from the same Root Debug Menu has sub-option #5 "WCDMA Set Channel", which allows to specify downlink channel range.

>>>>

What settings do you have for: umts rf nv?

What settings do you see for WCDMA set channel? (it should list a range of Channels allowed)

This one might also be useful:

*#1546792*#

Password on admin setting:

*#81230*# (if required)

maybe we could change it?

Lion, give us exactly what you have configured on your phone on these settings... :)))))

maybe we dont have to dump it :P

Hey people, looking around here I found something pidsw wrote:

One more possibltiy is that there are some settings in the admin panel.

I.e. see this post:

>>>>>

I'm starting to believe it might actually be possible to tweak existing radio firmware to unlock UMTS 850/1900Mhz bands using already embedded secret debug menu from Samsung developers, rather than having to dump it, reverse it, patch and flash back. Here is the secret code to access Root Debug Menu on Omnia: *#197328640#

Option #4 "UMTS rf nv" has sub-option "umts rf nv write", which I think allows to modify the active UMTS bands in the radio. Assuming we have that set correctly, option #9 "Common" from the same Root Debug Menu has sub-option #5 "WCDMA Set Channel", which allows to specify downlink channel range.

>>>>

What settings do you have for: umts rf nv?

What settings do you see for WCDMA set channel? (it should list a range of Channels allowed)

This one might also be useful:

*#1546792*#

Password on admin setting:

*#81230*# (if required)

maybe we could change it?

Lion, give us exactly what you have configured on your phone on these settings... :)))))

maybe we dont have to dump it :P