RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest sykodelyk

I dont understand anything i am from mexico but my omnia is only whit malasia 3g , can flash my omnia whit any rom whit triband 3g ? please a tutorial o something like that thanks!

Guest sea_man
I dont understand anything i am from mexico but my omnia is only whit malasia 3g , can flash my omnia whit any rom whit triband 3g ? please a tutorial o something like that thanks!

They are looking for a radio or hack update for this. , for now we don´t have the answer,be patience... something is coming :rolleyes:

sorry about the double posts :rolleyes: net gone crazy here

I am not sure how complete most ROM updates are on the Omnia, but one thing that I did notice was that when I changed settings in the debug menus, some of them remained changed after I re-flashed the device (including a battery pull and a hard reset)

I don't recall exactly which ROM I flashed, but it was from the I900 Kitchen and "user updater" 1.64.

First I want to wish everybody a Happy Holiday and a prosperous New Year full of 3G

I have an Omnia I900 and really want 3g here in the US. I'm a noob so forgive me if I say stupid things.

So we can flash the pda and the radio separately and cook roms right? What's the difference between the phone and the radio? If we flash the radio does the phone part not change? With pidsw post can we reverse engineer the phone part? And last question; Why aren't there more cooks/chefs helping?

I feel powerless without a i900L phone here. I'll go to the Claro store and buy a new one so that I can do whatever with it and try to figure out how to unlock this 3g band (if its possible). The phone is expensive, so, If we get it right, I'd be nice me and lionheartk have some donations :rolleyes:)))

I'll be back in an hour with the dam phone.

Guest lionheartk

Cmon guys, we got the rom dumped, is there anything else you guys need done? just ask and ill do it. alinez I would wait to see if we get it done, otherwise you will spend money for nothing cause i already got it...

Just got the phone, and the i900L is larger than the i900 (the battery door from i900 doesnt fit the i900L). So.. I think the hardware is not the same...

but I wil open it to see that.

Guest Jeanne8fr
Just got the phone, and the i900L is larger than the i900 (the battery door from i900 doesnt fit the i900L). So.. I think the hardware is not the same...

but I wil open it to see that.

So how much do you pay for these things over in brasil?. We may want you to buy and ship some here. You could make a little profit on the way.

Jeannette

So, i opened it, the motherboard is bigger than our i900, the design is also different.

As for the radio configurations, it has 3 different confgs, and the i900 (2100mhz) has just one. I don't think we can have both bands (850 and 2100) in our omnia i900, but I think we can change the existing 2100 to 850.

Well, I'll make some screenshots of the radio config. from both phones and post them here, so we can compare them.

I'm a little bit afraid someone brick their phones with the i900 rom. So, lets be cautious ok?

Instead of making a lot of screenshots, I made a video for each phone.

Configs for i900L:

http://www.4shared.com/file/77857125/64627...i900Lvideo.html

Configs for i900:

http://www.4shared.com/file/77857127/8a6c1d50/i900video.html

So, the biggest difference here is this:

post-434613-1230432008_thumb.jpg post-434613-1230432023_thumb.jpg

As you can see, in the i900L they have 4 more configs (2 for each aditional band).

So, I think that, if we get the configuration from the i900L 800 menu and put it in our i900 2100 menu, maybe we can get the 850 to work and loose the 2100.

Or, we can dump the radio and try to do not brick a phone with it...

what do you think???

Is the i900L compatible with US 3g? If so is there any place on the internet where it is available for purchase?

Thanks

Yes, the Brazilian i900L is compatible with US 3g (850). They don't sell it in internet (the ones they sell are the regular i900), they are sold by brazilian network carries such as Claro and TIM. The carriers Oi and Vivo sells the regular i900 'cause their 3g band is 2100.

If you want I can get you one here from Claro store (I got mine today), but it's not cheap, indeed, it's very expensive (2.300 brazilian reais on a prepaid plan basis- about USD 980,00). I got mine for 1800,00 brazilian reais because I got a post paid plan contract with it.

Instead of making a lot of screenshots, I made a video for each phone.

Configs for i900L:

http://www.4shared.com/file/77857125/64627...i900Lvideo.html

Configs for i900:

http://www.4shared.com/file/77857127/8a6c1d50/i900video.html

So, the biggest difference here is this:

post-434613-1230432008_thumb.jpg post-434613-1230432023_thumb.jpg

As you can see, in the i900L they have 4 more configs (2 for each aditional band).

So, I think that, if we get the configuration from the i900L 800 menu and put it in our i900 2100 menu, maybe we can get the 850 to work and loose the 2100.

Or, we can dump the radio and try to do not brick a phone with it...

what do you think???

The app running there is called "DeviceTest.exe". I tried copying it from the the I907 Dump (haven't tried with the I900L) and the extra menus just say "Null".

I was trying to figure out what files it accesses or registry keys it reads for this information.

Aside: When you press *#32489# what do you see on the I900L?

The app running there is called "DeviceTest.exe". I tried copying it from the the I907 Dump (haven't tried with the I900L) and the extra menus just say "Null".

I was trying to figure out what files it accesses or registry keys it reads for this information.

Aside: When you press *#32489# what do you see on the I900L?

I am sorry, I meant: *#2263# - (i.e. \Windows\bandsel.exe -band)

Guest 3G_Hunter

Hi Everyone,

Noob here with a sugestion/ question for getting 3G on Omnias in the US. I found a list of codes to access some uner the hood stuff in the Omnia here ... http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2008/12/om...ecret-keys.html ... Have you seen this? Does it help?

Somehting in this list struck me ...

*#1546792*# - (Executes \Windows\AdminSettings.exe

2. Preconfiguration - Password is *#81230*#. Allows to preconfigure the Omnia Operator settings by changing the country and operator. Note: Changing this will hard-reset the device. This won't lock the device with the specified operator.

So from reading this forum maniacally today I have learned that Brazilian carriers use 850 for 3G, and that Omnias in Brazil have the 850 band unlocked and possibly the 1900 band. So, if we reconfigure the Omnia with the above step with the Brazil setting then shouldn't it be setup to work in Brazil and thus use the 850/ 1900 bands which will work on 3G in the US?

Now, this step does require a hard reset of the device. What does hard resetting mean as far as installed programs and files? Do I need to back all of this up first?

Also, FWIW I am in the US and using an unlocked I900 which I believe was preconfigured for Malaysia, although I purchased it through a US based online retailer.

Thanks

Edited by 3G_Hunter

Guest bobobird
So, if we reconfigure the Omnia with the above step with the Brazil setting then shouldn't it be setup to work in Brazil and thus use the 850/ 1900 bands which will work on 3G in the US?

If only it was this easy!!!

Guest 3G_Hunter

Ah, ok, sad to hear this has been tried and failed. Sorry if this has already been considered as well, but does the Verizon i910 use 3G? If so, would it serve of any use to this cause?

Thanks

Ah, ok, sad to hear this has been tried and failed. Sorry if this has already been considered as well, but does the Verizon i910 use 3G? If so, would it serve of any use to this cause?

Thanks

OH, DEAR.... i910 is CDMA version :rolleyes:

all that was already tried 3g hunter. it was in the thread titled i900 with us 3g or something like that.

@Turb0wned

how do u like ur new toy so far? is it good?

Guest sepp_a_u

can somebody add some screenshots? or have I not seen it?

i've got a german i900 and my provider is t-mobile. it is possible with my phone, too?

greetz

Edited by sepp_a_u

Hi Everyone,

Noob here with a sugestion/ question for getting 3G on Omnias in the US. I found a list of codes to access some uner the hood stuff in the Omnia here ... http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2008/12/om...ecret-keys.html ... Have you seen this? Does it help?

Somehting in this list struck me ...

*#1546792*# - (Executes \Windows\AdminSettings.exe

2. Preconfiguration - Password is *#81230*#. Allows to preconfigure the Omnia Operator settings by changing the country and operator. Note: Changing this will hard-reset the device. This won't lock the device with the specified operator.

So from reading this forum maniacally today I have learned that Brazilian carriers use 850 for 3G, and that Omnias in Brazil have the 850 band unlocked and possibly the 1900 band. So, if we reconfigure the Omnia with the above step with the Brazil setting then shouldn't it be setup to work in Brazil and thus use the 850/ 1900 bands which will work on 3G in the US?

Now, this step does require a hard reset of the device. What does hard resetting mean as far as installed programs and files? Do I need to back all of this up first?

Also, FWIW I am in the US and using an unlocked I900 which I believe was preconfigured for Malaysia, although I purchased it through a US based online retailer.

Thanks

The brazilian omnia has the 850, 1900 and 2100 3g bands, and gsm quadband. The brazilian omnia is also bigger than the regular one, and has a bigger motherboard with a different design (yes, I opened both).

The preconf menu wont do this, but maybe the radio conf, could.

Someone who understand this and wants to play a little with the i900L congis and registry, you can extract all the part02.raw contents, just download the first link on this post.

The i900L config is also shown on the videos testmenu I uploaded here for you guys.