RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest Turb0wned

Lol celluloco. they dont know what there talking about. i called n he didnt know anything. lion trus me i like the omnia and dont want to sound like im talking bad about it but the touch hd is way bettrr. and why get an iphone if i want a bigger screen when i can have an even bigger screen with the hd plus 2x the res of the iphone.

Guest bobobird
dont think the touch HD is better than the omnia, at least according to reviews its not... if you want better screen, get an iphone :)

Let him live his dream... :rolleyes:

Guest Turb0wned

I think sooner or later the i900l tri band umts will start appearing on ebay in the u.s. It might be worth waiting for that... Or if the price goes down on the i900l (which it should soon) you guys can have lion buy it for you and slip him some extra cash for going out of his way.

@Lancez, I still can't find that page on xda you were telling me about....

Changing an RF Amps centre frequency is not easy. It appears that this one is in the hardware. (there is firmware on most amps but it is usually not trivial to access)

I am surprised that an Amp is needed, many devices do not have one. However, most of these do not advertise up to 7.2 Mbps.

With the 3G speeds on AT&T I doubt that an AMP is necessary. If you have an 7.2 Mbps connection, then it might provide more reliable data throughput.

It seems like the antenna on the Omnia is better than any I have seen w.r.t. GSM phone calling and Edge.

Ideally someone would mod the firmware to ignore the amp and use the signal that it receives straight through the antenna. That would be fine in the US where HSDPA is pretty slow anyway.

There are settings to increase the RF power on the device, this would burn more battery, but not more than an amp. The limit is far below the 28 dbm of the I900L, but 28dbm is total overkill for a phone, escpecially given that your TX (Transmit) power is about 1/100th of that max. (the device is right next to your head, the FCC limits TX power to ensure that the microwaves from your 3G data uploads don't cook your brain.

The Iphone 3g doens't have an AMP. Neighther does the AT&T tilt.

Guest redboxme

Hi guys I have been fallowing this forum for a while hoping that you guys would figure it out..

I have samsung i900. Spent a lot of money thinking it would work in canada, but not I can’t get 3G and now I am stuck in a 3 years data contract with Rogers.. I don’t want to get another phone I spent too much money on it.

So whats the situation guys.. is it the hardware or the ROM. Just tell me.. My hope is fading away

Edited by redboxme

Changing an RF Amps centre frequency is not easy. It appears that this one is in the hardware. (there is firmware on most amps but it is usually not trivial to access)

I am surprised that an Amp is needed, many devices do not have one. However, most of these do not advertise up to 7.2 Mbps.

With the 3G speeds on AT&T I doubt that an AMP is necessary. If you have an 7.2 Mbps connection, then it might provide more reliable data throughput.

It seems like the antenna on the Omnia is better than any I have seen w.r.t. GSM phone calling and Edge.

Ideally someone would mod the firmware to ignore the amp and use the signal that it receives straight through the antenna. That would be fine in the US where HSDPA is pretty slow anyway.

There are settings to increase the RF power on the device, this would burn more battery, but not more than an amp. The limit is far below the 28 dbm of the I900L, but 28dbm is total overkill for a phone, escpecially given that your TX (Transmit) power is about 1/100th of that max. (the device is right next to your head, the FCC limits TX power to ensure that the microwaves from your 3G data uploads don't cook your brain.

The Iphone 3g doens't have an AMP. Neighther does the AT&T tilt.

I like it, how can we get starded??? :rolleyes:

I think sooner or later the i900l tri band umts will start appearing on ebay in the u.s. It might be worth waiting for that... Or if the price goes down on the i900l (which it should soon) you guys can have lion buy it for you and slip him some extra cash for going out of his way.

I can get 3 of i900L with my family contract plan with claro (it will be cheaper, cause they'll make me stick to my plan for 12 more months). If 3 of you are interested, I can get it for you guys and send it by mail.

The phone is network locked, but you can use it with the magic sim unlock (I have it here, tested with another carrier and it works).

The only problem is that the pda is not in english (it's in portuguese), I would try to flash it with an english rom pda it and see if it works, but as we dont have the full backup for it, I'm afraid to damage it.

Just let me know if any 3 of you want it. I can see with my carrier how much it would be with my current plan (probably the R$1800,00 I paid for it, but maybe a little bit cheaper if I get the 3).

I have been following this thread for a while and I refuse to believe that it's impossible. there has to be a solution. In Las Vegas my omnia would show a G sign sometimes? I have the Singapore omnia as well because it was the Iphone killer. The only thing it killed was my wallet

Edited by Jeroi

I have been following this thread for a while and I refuse to believe that it's impossible. there has to be a solution. In Las Vegas my omnia would show a G sign sometimes? I have the Singapore omnia as well because it was the Iphone killer. The only thing it killed was my wallet

any chance that "G" stands for GPRS instead 3G?

i was trying to find that link, but no luck so far. but if u look into the Diamond threads, u might find a solution. i believe that Diamond and HD got same hardware.

Lol im going crazy looking for it!

Well I shipped my Omnia out today to the buyer.. But I will continue to look around and try to help as much as i can.

i hope u will find the solution soon....

I took a loot at the test mode settings on the I907 and compared with the videos that Alinez posted.

The menu items are the same - that is, they are the same as the I900L in that they have the 1900 and 800 channel settings.

(there is one exception: One of the menus marked "Null" allows you to turn on or off Auto Answer).

However the values are all different - the pattersn are similar (i.e. low to high or similar) but the numbers seem to be lower all around. Not really a qualitative difference, but enough to make me think that the effects are subtle.

Alinez, do you have pictures of the inside of the I900L as compared to the I900? The locations of the Amps would be especially helpful. I am going to open the I907 to see if there are Amps in there, and if so, what models.

Unfortunately I am visiting San Francisco right now and I am using WMWifiRouter extensively so I won't be taking it apart right now as people would not be too pleased if I destroyed our internet connection which people are share for their laptops while we are travelling.

Ironically my Omnia has a faster connection when farther from cities as it has better reception and a very fast and reliable Edge connection.

At wholesale prices I imagine that Samsung pays about a dollar per Amp, but if they were run at full power the battery life would be very short and the signal would have greater noise (but the range would be farther). If run at reasonable power levels they won't help the range too much. Also, they are strictly RF amps, so they don't change the uplink connection at all. While uplink bandwidth is not that important, it is important to have enough range to communicate anything to the cell towers - i.e. if you can't transmit a signal that the towers can detect, you can't do TCP transactions.

There are numerious people who have tried to use RF Amps to improve their WIFI range, but in practice it doesn't help as you are limited by your TX range, and there are regulations on my much power you can transmit. They are very conservative in North Ameria as people don't like Microwaves. However in Brazil and various other countries signal power is not well regulated so it could be that their Cell towers broadcast at higher power levels than the cell towers in north america

What is the battery life like on the I900L?

I took a loot at the test mode settings on the I907 and compared with the videos that Alinez posted.

The menu items are the same - that is, they are the same as the I900L in that they have the 1900 and 800 channel settings.

(there is one exception: One of the menus marked "Null" allows you to turn on or off Auto Answer).

However the values are all different - the pattersn are similar (i.e. low to high or similar) but the numbers seem to be lower all around. Not really a qualitative difference, but enough to make me think that the effects are subtle.

Alinez, do you have pictures of the inside of the I900L as compared to the I900? The locations of the Amps would be especially helpful. I am going to open the I907 to see if there are Amps in there, and if so, what models.

Unfortunately I am visiting San Francisco right now and I am using WMWifiRouter extensively so I won't be taking it apart right now as people would not be too pleased if I destroyed our internet connection which people are share for their laptops while we are travelling.

Ironically my Omnia has a faster connection when farther from cities as it has better reception and a very fast and reliable Edge connection.

At wholesale prices I imagine that Samsung pays about a dollar per Amp, but if they were run at full power the battery life would be very short and the signal would have greater noise (but the range would be farther). If run at reasonable power levels they won't help the range too much. Also, they are strictly RF amps, so they don't change the uplink connection at all. While uplink bandwidth is not that important, it is important to have enough range to communicate anything to the cell towers - i.e. if you can't transmit a signal that the towers can detect, you can't do TCP transactions.

There are numerious people who have tried to use RF Amps to improve their WIFI range, but in practice it doesn't help as you are limited by your TX range, and there are regulations on my much power you can transmit. They are very conservative in North Ameria as people don't like Microwaves. However in Brazil and various other countries signal power is not well regulated so it could be that their Cell towers broadcast at higher power levels than the cell towers in north america

What is the battery life like on the I900L?

Ironicaly, the AVAGO is an american company :rolleyes: at their website you can find the pdf with specifications for the amps.

On this service manual, you can find all the components and you can see the motherboard design and everything for the i900:

http://www.4shared.com/file/77205801/9d9a8...ice_Manual.html

these are the pictures for the i900L motherboard (front and back):

http://www.4shared.com/file/78358998/33d818ce/front.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78359006/b2cfd26a/back2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78359017/dcd3d3bd/back1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78359032/9e8f45b0/back.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78359038/7e5aacae/front2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78359043/a6c9e3e1/front1.html

The amps are on the front, I did a close shot on them.

About the battery life, I can't tell. My i900L has been disassembled, I just assembled it back.

Lion may know more about it.

pidsw,

where do you live in US?

Well, I would like you to help us reconstruct the raw files lion dumped from the i900L to a flash format. (I would like to have a backup for it, so I can play a little bit more with it). Could you do that? :rolleyes:)))

pidsw,

where do you live in US?

Well, I would like you to help us reconstruct the raw files lion dumped from the i900L to a flash format. (I would like to have a backup for it, so I can play a little bit more with it). Could you do that? :rolleyes: )))

check out ur own new topic :)

Guest rosado1013
Yeah we saw that I posted that in the other rom thread.

Can you send me the link of that post ? Also the winner of your ebay auction pay you for the omnia?