No satellites seen on any GPS software

Guest felixpapalardi

Guest felixpapalardi

Had my HD for about about a month now and love it but:

I had GPS working well and could see the satellites on the concentric circles using both TomTom and HTC GPS Tool and then get a GPS fix. After a month all the satellites disappeared from the circles when using both pieces of software. I tried a soft reset which did nothing, then tried a hard reset and after reinstalling tomtom and htc gps tool I could see all the satellites on the circles and get a fix without a problem. It has now stopped working again.

I have ROM version 1.14.405.3. With both pieces of software I am using COM4 and baudrate 4800.

Anyone no how to fix this or has had the same problem?

Would really appreciate some help.

I have noticed that when its not working and I run HTC GPS tool and open the COM4 port the text displayed in the box is completely different to the text displayed when it is working.

Guest felixpapalardi

Right, I tried the program GPS test and I get the message ''starting GPS" with a yellow dot next to it. I think for some reason the GPS is not starting properly, maybe its because of a piece of software I installed although I tested the GPS after every installation I made and it worked and then suddenly it stopped.

I got fed up again and did another hard reset, installed only TomTom 7.910 and it is now working perfectly again.

I think I wont install anymore software for the time being and then see how long the GPS lasts for this time. so effectively I have an expensive navigation system at the moment.

Don't think I'll last long before I get bored and start installing stuff again.