Blackjack II won't sync

Guest Sandcastle

Guest Sandcastle

I'm new to the BJII phone and my issue of the day is: I cannot get it to sync with my pc. I run the scan for issues/problems and I see it says I must have Outlook XP, which I don't. Is there a workaround to get it syncing?

I have Windows XP, but its an older version of Outlook Express that I have.

My goal is to unlock the gps using the tips I found here, but I cannot get the download into my phone from my pc. When I go to the other link that is supposed to work from my phone, it says bandwidth exceeded, and won't let me in.

Any ideas?

Guest Monolithix

You have to have outlook 2003 or later, and you have to buy it I'm afraid. However, I think guest mode in activesync should work? (Just cancel the partnership setup that pops up when you connect it). Then browse the device from "My Mobile Device" in My Computer.

Guest Sandcastle
You have to have outlook 2003 or later, and you have to buy it I'm afraid. However, I think guest mode in activesync should work? (Just cancel the partnership setup that pops up when you connect it). Then browse the device from "My Mobile Device" in My Computer.

Thanks for the reply, I tried your suggestion - the file/folder is empty. Frustrating. :rolleyes:

But thanks anyway!

Guest Sandcastle

No, it starts trying to connect, but then says it cannot and it offers to run the troubleshooter. That comes up with the Outlook requirements, but other than that I have not seen the guest mode.